PDA

View Full Version : Moose getting slaughtered

Shooter123
10-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Hey guys, thought I would share this link, hopefully they catch these poachers and throw away the key!! Having a hard enough time finding moose , too much of this crap and there wont be a immy season anymore.

http://www.chbcnews.ca/moose+shot+out+of+season+in+the+north+okanagan/6442508172/story.html

tobaboy
10-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Makes you sick to your stomach that there is peaple like that out there.

flyboy
10-25-2011, 07:52 PM
yep and then they will play the system drag it out and get the latest fad going thru the courts

"the case has been waiting to long for a trial date so we reluctantly have to dismiss the case???????????????"""""

ianwuzhere
10-25-2011, 08:03 PM
theres no reason for this- sure hope they catch the people responsible..

boxhitch
10-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Seems to happen every year to some extent
Raises some questions for sure
like - what goes on during the other 9 months of the year when there are not so many witnesses to report cases ?
and If hunters are so concerned, why is there not more support for Wilderness Watch programs?

Wild one
10-26-2011, 09:01 AM
This year has been a bad year for poaching out of 8 hunters we have reported 4 times and found 7 animals(or parts) left in the bush that seemed fishy

PeachlandHunter
10-26-2011, 06:22 PM
found a cow moose in peachland dead on sunday morning.....about a week old....wonder if its related

Rubicon500
10-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Same story every year , thats what living in BC is all about, being a criminal. You can do whatever illegall activities you want and if you do happen to get caught its a slap on the wrist. Should adopt Albertas rules when it comes to poaching.

Jelvis
10-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Some real sicko's in the land. Wasting our moose like that.
Probably testing out his gun shooting something living, this is absolutely criminal.
Jp .. Our networking and our co's will bring these losers to justice.

scottwh
10-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Thats crazy. Apparantly lots of illegal elk were shot and left this year in region 8 as well. How do you misstake a cow moose for an immy? Or a 4x4 elk for a 6x6? I dont get it. I also herd a moose was shot and just the nose was taken?? WTF is wrong with people??

ELK Seeker
10-26-2011, 09:22 PM
This shit has got to stop!!!!!!!!!

Jelvis
10-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Can you imagine with all those poached moose the blood line that get's illegally disrupted and the off spring fail to appear. It's like elk seeker says.
It's got to stop or our moose will be devastated to closed seasons in 8.
Jp .. It's difficult to stop but some how these thieves will trip up and get nailed ..

LukaTisus
10-26-2011, 10:47 PM
That makes me bloody sick...

bc sportsman
10-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Makes you wonder if there is an agenda here. Some perverted reasoning to further any number of political/social agendas.

Fisher-Dude
10-27-2011, 05:56 AM
Thats crazy. Apparantly lots of illegal elk were shot and left this year in region 8 as well. How do you misstake a cow moose for an immy? Or a 4x4 elk for a 6x6? I dont get it. I also herd a moose was shot and just the nose was taken?? WTF is wrong with people??

There are certain "groups" of individuals that do some "traditional" bullshit with a moose nose.

The way I see it, they just are too ****ing lazy to pack the rest out, so they make up a story about some "tradition" so they can kill a moose. POS's.

Glenny
10-27-2011, 06:47 AM

Curious. This article says a grizzly goes for the elks nose. hmm
http://montanaelkhunting.blogspot.com/2009/04/somethings-eatin-my-elks-nose-and-hes.html

OOBuck
10-27-2011, 06:48 AM
"hunters illegally shooting moose." Someone needs to write the editor of the article and tell them the difference between a hunter and a poacher!!!

Cedarstrip
10-27-2011, 06:55 AM
If caught, I think the guilty party should be dropped off at a fish and game banquet for an hour while the authorities 'look the other way'.

M.Dean
10-27-2011, 07:03 AM
What kind of human would do that??? There simply killing these animals to watch them die! If anyone see's these guys, or guy doing this, gut shoot them,then walk up to the guy and piss in the bullet hole! Anyone that could do this to Moose is just a stones throw away from shooting people next!!!

roblikestohunt
10-27-2011, 07:18 AM
Found a large cow moose a few days ago up batchlor heights at a popular place i spend a great deal of time, near inskip lake, 37.5 kms, up on the top of the ridge where they did some logging and theres lots of open area and a few slash piles..those that live close to kamloops will know the area im talking about, Looked like it was a week or so old, birds all over it, walked in about 300 feet off the road to take a look, everything was still there except one hind quarter, almost made me sick,looks to me like it was done with a chainsaw, obviously not at all cut properly, BTW..if those responsible read this, you stupid *******s left your knife and a backpack there, backpack had nothing in it except a sharpening stone and some rags and paper towel, but the knife is a good one, You can claim it by getting a hold of me on here...Not likely thats going to happen!!!!

gcreek
10-27-2011, 07:36 AM
That knife would likely have had fingerprints on it.

roblikestohunt
10-27-2011, 09:00 AM
I seriously thought about that, however how likely is it that the authorities would proceed that route????

walks with deer
10-27-2011, 09:28 AM
citizen arrest!!!

Looking_4_Jerky
10-27-2011, 10:18 AM
There is nothing severe enough that our legal system could impose on these pieces of sh*t that would make up for that kind of act.

Fenton Quagmire
10-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Can everybody please take the time to write an email to chbc explaining to them their improper and unacceptable use of the word "hunters"?! I am trying to stay cool but have already written several emails to others news agencies asking them to please refrain from labeling law abiding citizens with the same terminology as criminals. Together we can make an effort to change this.

scottwh
10-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Interesting. I didnt know grizz went for the nose first. Wouldnt you think there would have been more damage to the moose suggesting a grizz attacked it? Again, I dont know the full details.

Curious. This article says a grizzly goes for the elks nose. hmm
http://montanaelkhunting.blogspot.com/2009/04/somethings-eatin-my-elks-nose-and-hes.html

gcreek
10-27-2011, 08:50 PM
I seriously thought about that, however how likely is it that the authorities would proceed that route????

You are right about that.

As for the moose nose, it should have been obviously cut off if it was a native or someone trying to pass it off as native. Moose nose is quite a delicacy to the old folks. I've never tried it but saw some cooked once and it resembled boiled snot.

I have done several verifications of bear kills on my own cattle and grizzlies do seem to like ripping the face off their prey before dining, they don't cut very cleanly. Maybe they don't want to be watched?

mrak
10-27-2011, 10:38 PM
bears grab an animal around the snout and smother it this is the reason they have big jowls ...the face gets ripped up in the process...

resqmedic02
10-27-2011, 11:05 PM
Someone catch these sob's and hang em from a tree by the side of the road with a sign around their neck saying poacher/killer. Maybe this would discourage other would be poachers. We can't shoot em as this would only give anti gun lobbiests something to gripe about....wait hanging them would probably get rope outlawed and we would have to register every inch of it......
Unfortunately there are to many people out there turning an eye away from acts of poaching or illegal kills and don't want to get involved, this does no good to our sport of hunting...lets all work together to stop this needless killing. I for one wish to hunt for many more years.

Singleshotneeded
10-28-2011, 01:18 AM
sickening...hope they get caught!

Ride Red
10-28-2011, 06:39 AM
Found a large cow moose a few days ago up batchlor heights at a popular place i spend a great deal of time, near inskip lake, 37.5 kms, up on the top of the ridge where they did some logging and theres lots of open area and a few slash piles..those that live close to kamloops will know the area im talking about, Looked like it was a week or so old, birds all over it, walked in about 300 feet off the road to take a look, everything was still there except one hind quarter, almost made me sick,looks to me like it was done with a chainsaw, obviously not at all cut properly, BTW..if those responsible read this, you stupid *******s left your knife and a backpack there, backpack had nothing in it except a sharpening stone and some rags and paper towel, but the knife is a good one, You can claim it by getting a hold of me on here...Not likely thats going to happen!!!!

Put pictures up of the gear you found. Maybe someone will recognize them.

Glenny
10-28-2011, 09:31 AM
Interesting. I didnt know grizz went for the nose first. Wouldnt you think there would have been more damage to the moose suggesting a grizz attacked it? Again, I dont know the full details.
Grizz might have been near by when you found it...eek

walks with deer
10-28-2011, 11:15 AM
I agree poachers should be worded as poachers not hunters about 10 years ago some scum bags went on a killing spree like this in priceton. Moose of course these people are nowhere near hunters they are scum.

mrak
10-28-2011, 09:13 PM
get over it the have nots have all they want ...nothing to loose everthing to gain ..they do not wast time any more with these ones ..as they cost money as no money to pay as far as dead game CNR and cars kill more ....take a pill get over it ..you pay dearly to be honest in B.C.

Theo722
10-29-2011, 05:19 PM
cause nobody will press charges on them