PDA

View Full Version : own/private property and quad restrictions??

lightmag
10-25-2011, 07:33 PM
quick question, if hunting on your own property or private land with permission, do you still have to abid by the quad restrictions like not before 9am or a no motorized vehicle area??? just curious

Jagermeister
10-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Why would you need to use a quad on private property? Or, how big is this private property, some thing big enough that it would take you 2 days to cross from one boundary to the other? Brings to mind Bonanza.
I guess that you would not be bound by that regulation as long as you did not enter onto crown land. I heavily emphasize on the "I guess" part of the previous sentence because I could be wrong.

lightmag
10-25-2011, 07:49 PM
why wouldny i use a quad on private property?????? you use on one on crown dont you ??? what if your giveb access to 5000 acres ?? and you want to hunt and explore it and there are quad restrictions in that MU for times/area?? just a question i'm curious as to the legalities of it

Phil A. Bowl
10-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Yes I bieleve laws are laws. I could be wrong

Fisher-Dude
10-25-2011, 08:16 PM
The Wildlife Act transcends private property boundaries, and quad restrictions would apply if they are in effect for that MU.

lightmag
10-25-2011, 08:40 PM
The Wildlife Act transcends private property boundaries, and quad restrictions would apply if they are in effect for that MU.

thank you :)

bearhunter338-06
10-25-2011, 10:00 PM
I would confirm and talk with a CO about it also, as I also agree with Fisher-Dude

billjc33
10-26-2011, 06:27 AM
I believe that hunting laws apply to all hunting whether crown or private. The private property will fall under the restrictions for the management unit it resides in.

OOBuck
10-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Game is property of the crown until lawfully consumed, the mans land but the queens game... Oh ya and the owner only ever owns 67% of the property
due to mineral rights own by you guessed it...

steel_ram
10-26-2011, 06:59 AM
You'd have to establish your own country/province before you could make up your own rules.

On the other hand, if the regs say no hunting using ATV's, then there are other legit reasons for using them, but carrying a firearm might be a little grey.

Ruger4
10-26-2011, 07:14 AM
...........if your just checkin your fencelines your good to go , oh and a rifle for protection of course , which reminds me I have to go check the fences