PDA

View Full Version : Bad Yogi- A little bear shy (this season)

browningboy
09-19-2006, 08:57 PM
:mad: The grizzlies are sure getting ballsy it seems like, I just came back from a moose hunt up by Tumbler and had a weird run in with a 4 - 5 year old boar. I was walking a seismic line following moose track for quite a while, when I finally got a young bull with my binos, look who's coming in behind me (in my tracks!!:twisted: ), when I stood up and turned around a grizzly walked into the bush like nothing. Now that my underwear is in need of changing I have to go back, so up I go very nervous now and now walking on top of his track and I have 3 ridges to get back. When I got up to the top of the first ridge seen that ******* walking up approx 150 yards behind me, so soon as I went to drop down to the next rise and he was out of sight I booked it as fast as I could trying to make up time before he came back into view, as he came into view next time we were still approx 150 yards apart! As I was on my last ridge, ther was just a clear cut left and my truck, as my mind seem to want to start racing, I just made it to my truck and looked out for the bear, lone and behold here he come just sniffing the ground and following my tracks. The bear was lanky and not huge, but was weathered and had a few seasons under his belt, if I had my way it should have been his last season, but you know that they are threatened:lol: ! Are others finding the same happining? I'm just finding them not shy anymore, I'll stick to hunting on my quad for a quick get away!
Straight shootin'

mapguy
09-19-2006, 09:03 PM
hot dry summers probably leaving them hungry and aggressive

browningboy
09-19-2006, 09:27 PM
It was pretty dry, just really weird but hair raising

talver
09-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Where abouts were you I know some guy going up that way so I can give them the heads up

mark
09-20-2006, 12:48 PM
i called in a couple black bears while elk calling. Even after throwing sticks at em they stood their ground. I moved a few hundred yards away and resumed calling and one came in again. Ya they almost got it!

browningboy
09-20-2006, 08:57 PM
We were in the Kiskantawa river area, since it was so dry and our licks had no productivity, we were forced to the seismic lines, lone and behold yogi!