PDA

View Full Version : MU 7-10. --- a situation I wasn't expecting, I may need some help...

dave_83golf
10-25-2011, 03:03 AM
Alright gents, and ladies;

I have come into a situation I wasn't really expecting... While working my last nightshift before 4 days off, that have now turned into 6... I got a text message from a really good friend who just started hunting, and apparently won an LEH draw this this MU (7-10)

In August he mentioned moose being Open around PG, I assumed he meant immy's so I carried on the conversation and we chatted about moose hunting and such... Turns out it was, as mentioned, an LEH...! He's now asked me to come and help him get it... Obviously the big boys ae bedded down, tuckered out, but I wanna help him out as much as I can. I'm not looking for any secret holes or anything. Maybe a lake to concentrate around or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks guys. I know this is an annoying thread, but I'm taking time off to help him out and I'd love it to be an enjoyable experience for him!!

Happy Hunting,

Dave

moosinaround
10-25-2011, 05:03 AM
7-10 is a pretty good MU for Moose. I would head to the TFL rd around 20km on the Blackwater Rd, and look from there, concentrating on the cutblocks in and around Punchaw Lake. The area has been logged on hard, but there are tons of good spots you can walk/quad/road hunt on. When yer in town, or going to be in town give me a shout via PM and I will try and meet up with you as you are heading through. Moosin

jesseapeacock
10-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Dont know anything about the area

The Dawg
10-26-2011, 08:10 PM
7-10 is a pretty good MU for Moose. I would head to the TFL rd around 20km on the Blackwater Rd, and look from there, concentrating on the cutblocks in and around Punchaw Lake. The area has been logged on hard, but there are tons of good spots you can walk/quad/road hunt on. When yer in town, or going to be in town give me a shout via PM and I will try and meet up with you as you are heading through. Moosin

TAKE HIM UP ON IT! This man knows that area well!!!!!

junkyard_g
10-28-2011, 11:17 PM
Worked on the mount mackenzie rd (around 8km on the blackwater rd i think?) . bumped a decent number of moose there. 1400rd off the pelican had a few too. actually seen cows and calves feeding on shesta lake a few times over the years.

muleychaser
10-29-2011, 06:04 AM
I have seen alot of moose in the late season down the Mackenzie road. There are alot of pothole lakes and swamps in 7-10 and the moose population seems to be doing well. Heading down there this morning with a fellow board member for a deer hunt, I'll keep you updated on what we see.

dave_83golf
10-30-2011, 06:45 AM
The trip ended up being a bit of a bust. Partner was ill prepared and i don't think he really understood how much work is involved when shooting such a big animal, so we ended up having beers and catching up, instead of hunting... Would hate to have something go haywire and not have the appropriate tools for the trade... Thanks again for the help and input, greatly appreciated

Dave