PDA

View Full Version : Hunting in the Tunkwa Lake Area.

Rem 30.06
10-24-2011, 06:40 PM
My son and I went to go hunting in the Tunkwa Lake area yesterday morning. We started off by going to the Tunkwa Lake Lodge and speaking the the owner about areas to hunt up that way. We've never hunted that area before and wanted to try something different as well as go after some White Tails.

We were out for maybe 4 1/2 hours and only came across a dead carcass of a Mule Doe. This Doe, had been shot and was already gutted by other wildlife. My son was adamant that this was a "poached" kill.

On our way home to Kamloops, we stopped back in to the Tunkwa Lake Lodge and my son reported it to the owner, who in turn gave us the RAPP phone number. We called and reported the kill and gave the GPS coordinates.

Today we received a call from the CO, thanking us for the report and that they would check it out to see if the area has been reported for poaching already as well as maybe an on-going investigation.

What I would like to know is, if anyone knows the area well and can give us an idea where to go up that way, (without giving your "secret" area away : ) ), as we would like to head back that way next weekend.

BearSniper
10-24-2011, 08:11 PM
There's Deer in there alright. Last fall I walked the power line east of the lake and saw W/T does and plenty of sign. Perhaps just a wating game, and try some glassing.