PDA

View Full Version : Coyote help???

~T-BONE~
09-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Dammm yotes are becoming a real pain as they attacked loras dog in front of the house this morn.. I want some revenge but waiting for one to pass through isn't an option. I believe calling at this time of year isn't efective either. (correct me if i'm wrong) Don't really want to poison or leg snare them either as one might get someones pets . What other options do any of you have for me? Baiting ?? Any replies would be helpful!

Barracuda
09-19-2006, 06:24 PM
calling will bring them in at this time of year .

MB_Boy
09-19-2006, 06:27 PM
T-Bone......although I can't help you out someone here may be able to??

http://www.vf11.com/doomedyote/doomedyote.html

rocksteady
09-19-2006, 06:31 PM
PM Firebird....Hes a pretty nasty yote killer.....and a wolf too....

PGKris
09-19-2006, 07:03 PM
You can call em in anytime of the year. Go get em!!

Stone Sheep Steve
09-19-2006, 07:17 PM
I have to respond to this one.
Either this is a set up OR the "protecter of the Yotes" is about to switch sides! I'm sorry to hear about Lora's dog (sincerely). My Aunt has lost 2 cats with dog-like personalities to yotes in the last 3 years.
They need thinnning out all the time.

For a call try getting a dog from the pound and chaining him up to a tree just outside your sniper window and let him howl. The smaller the dog the better. Cats work too:lol: .

SSS

SteadyGirl
09-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Lets not get carried away. Baila survived and I got over it by noon :shock: I wouldn't mind seeing the big one on the fence:lol: but I think as a solution I think we will just get another dog to help protect Baila.. a really big one.. Its not a setup and its not the first time either. She was accosted once before but not that badly.

mrdoog
09-19-2006, 09:09 PM
SSS:
"For a call, get a dog from the Pound, the smaller the better"

And what do you do with this dog after you've used it as a Yote call?

Don't even mention cats.

Stone Sheep Steve
09-20-2006, 06:24 AM
SSS:
"For a call, get a dog from the Pound, the smaller the better"

And what do you do with this dog after you've used it as a Yote call?

Don't even mention cats.

It was a joke, hence the laughing smilie...........apparently not a very good one:roll: .
Just trying to get Steady all riled up:wink: .

SSS

Ozone
09-20-2006, 06:34 AM
How aboat a live trap? This would keep SteadyGirl happy. I admit I know nothing about yotes and catching them or the regulations about transportation of them, just a thought. I have used them for other unwanted critters before and given enouff time and thought Ive cought everything Ive been after.

ratherbefishin
09-20-2006, 07:52 AM
send a breeding pair over to Victoria-UVIC is overrun with rabbits and because they are so politically correct, they can't[or won't] do anything.The best they have come up with is to spend $10,000 on fencing-which won't work anyway, and even if it did would only move the rabbits into the neighbouring properties.Although it isn't the best solution,Introducing a couple of coyotes to the situation would at least provide some balance.

todbartell
09-20-2006, 08:35 AM
I may be down in Chilliwack in the next week or 2. Maybe I should pop by with my FoxPro caller and 223 rifle?

bighornbob
09-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Wow how a couple of weeks change peoples minds. This was posted by in another thread by Steady a couple of weeks ago.

"OK, so after a coyote kills your puppy,kills you neighbors cats, kills your kids bunny with the big brown eyes, eats all your chickens, scavanges your dogs' food and keeps you up at night.... I am supposed to have remorse for the little buggers?
Sorry, not going to happen."

My dog whom everyone has seen pics of (about a 40lb female cocker spaniel) sleeps outside every night. She eats her own food and to my knowledge is the only one eating it, unless some hooch is visiting in the middle of the night:lol: Most of my neighbors cats are horribly cared for, breed randomly and are infested with fleas, ticks and mange. I see alot of them killed on the road. Ever noticed that not even coyotes eat road killed cat:lol: I would bet money that more "pretty rabbits with the big brown eyes" are killed by the family dog and children themselves, then are killed by coyotes. Nothing keeps me up at night? I love the howl of the yotes and don't miss the ambulance, fire and police one bit:wink:

Barracuda
09-20-2006, 08:53 AM
A live trap the right size for a yote would be very pricey not to mention that most yotes are pretty Willey (sorry couldnt resist:lol: ) if you just want to keep them out or discourage them another larger dog for the spanial to buddy up with would do the trick .

Elkhound
09-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Wow how a couple of weeks change peoples minds. This was posted by in another thread by Steady a couple of weeks ago.

"OK, so after a coyote kills your puppy,kills you neighbors cats, kills your kids bunny with the big brown eyes, eats all your chickens, scavanges your dogs' food and keeps you up at night.... I am supposed to have remorse for the little buggers?
Sorry, not going to happen."

My dog whom everyone has seen pics of (about a 40lb female cocker spaniel) sleeps outside every night. She eats her own food and to my knowledge is the only one eating it, unless some hooch is visiting in the middle of the night:lol: Most of my neighbors cats are horribly cared for, breed randomly and are infested with fleas, ticks and mange. I see alot of them killed on the road. Ever noticed that not even coyotes eat road killed cat:lol: I would bet money that more "pretty rabbits with the big brown eyes" are killed by the family dog and children themselves, then are killed by coyotes. Nothing keeps me up at night? I love the howl of the yotes and don't miss the ambulance, fire and police one bit:wink:

I had a feeling some one would rub her nose in that one. Sorry to here about the attack Steady...good luck with the yote problem however you guys proceed

Steelheadfreak
09-20-2006, 11:09 AM
Im in the Wack as well and the dam critters keep me up at times. Usually when there in the yard and howling there heads off. They tease the mother in laws Rotti and Healer in the next field over and next thing ya know, its a coarus of dogs and yotes debating. One night I looked out the bedroom window and about 8 of the buggers looked up at me at the same time.......kinda freaky the way they all looked at the same time. They scattered when the light came on but let me know they wernt impressed that I moved them off. If or when, they decide to step one paw on the portch, they will meet there maker. I dont mind them all that much as they take care of the smaller critters that anoy me.

abbyfireguy
09-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Let the rotti off the chain so he can tenderize a few...
I hate yotes with a passion as they were constantly at my cattle years ago when I had the farm..They were very well fed and just harrassed my cattle for the heck of it...
Finally found the solution, let my Arab mare out of the barn when they were about and she kicked the $hit out of three of them...
Never had a problem again...Plus the horse had a smile on her face for days(if horses smile?)...
Shooting them can be a poor option if you are in an urban setting ...

Steelheadfreak
09-20-2006, 02:01 PM
The rottie is about as mean and menasing as a rabbit, besides, she wouldnt stand a chance with a pack of yotes even if she was tuff. Now the two legged kind of yotes that come aroud at night is a whole other ball game. Them and bicicle tires for some reason. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer. As for popping off the pea shooter in the city, thats a no-no.

Gateholio
09-20-2006, 03:54 PM
I may be down in Chilliwack in the next week or 2. Maybe I should pop by with my FoxPro caller and 223 rifle?

If you end up goign down there, IFrebird, that woudl be ideal. what a generous offer.8)

BCLongshot
09-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Go get'em !

Barracuda
09-20-2006, 06:43 PM
we had to keep an Eye on our spanial around areas with predators (we have plenty of yotes in our area as well as a bear that killed a number of sheep a property over).
One time we were in an area that was loaded with Cougar tracks and we really had to watch him because he really wanted to follow us or follow our trails (we didnt even take him out for grouse on that trip unless we were really sure of the terrain) .
He is now pretty deaf and lives with my mother so i dont have to many worries about him . We do plan on taking him out for some bird hunting but we will have to keep a close eye on him . he follows hand signals (and his nose:) ) but he doesnt have all his tools anymore so it will be up to us to look out for him.

If you dont want remove the yote just make sure you protect your dog by watching out for her or getting a buddy(another dog like an airdale would work) to watch out for her.