PDA

View Full Version : Tumbler Ridge or Dawson creek for Moose, Elk and WT

adrianvip
10-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Hi Guys

I'm keep searching for my first moose and after 3 trips this years I will do my last one tomorow until the closing date next Monday.
I already try Okhanagan PJ and Mcbride with no luck so now I decide to give one more try eider to Tumler Ridge ir Dawson Creek area.
Never been in that area before and I was wondering if is any good this time of the year for wider moose, elk or WT speacialy in refion 7-20 or I should look more in the North near Fort Nelson.
The reason I'm looking at those 2 reagion is because this is the last trip of the year and I want to have open to more species than the other regions.

sneg
10-24-2011, 01:52 PM
well , there are plenty of game in those areas.if I were you I would stop wasting resources wandering around but rather concentrate on one area.If you cound short weekender as an trip than it may be not enough.from my experience I need at least some prep work than 2 -3 days scouting to get onto good game.
Invest in your boot leather and it will pay off in game.

Dirty Steve
10-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Just got back from 7:20A, Lone Prarie, lots of white tail, 2 cow moose and a calf but didn't see a single elk after a week. Bachelor groups of Mulie bucks. I've heard lots of success for moose a little further south towards Tumbler.