PDA

View Full Version : Poached Deer? WMU 3-18 >:(

Sonof000Buck
10-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Hey guys, I took my step-dad out for a birthday hunt earlier today.
It was our first trip to hunt up by Tunkwa lake, we had taken some back roads and came around a corner, then a WALL, I repeat wall, timber to timber wide these ravens took off..
So I definately decided somethings up.
Got out of the truck walked over and found i'd say a 300lb mule deer doe dead behind a tree.
It was odd, because I did the predator check.
Throat - Intact
Skull - Intact
Back of the neck - Intact

But, the thing I found was weird, is that there was a clear chunk missing, where the ravens were eating, and there was two broken ribs, and a clear entrance hole on the other side.
I say this deer was poached, if you've seen or heard anything about this please feel free to add info.
I reported it ASAP, and they are "checking" it out.
Thought i'd make a post.
Cheers,
Joey.

lovemywinchester
10-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Its going to happen during whitey doe season. Unfortunate but it happens. I heard a guy shot a mule doe that walked in front of a buck the guy was shooting at. He called it in and they told him to leave it. That's it, mistakes happen. If it was "poached", it wouldn't be there.

boxhitch
10-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Or it was poached with intent and not retrieved for some scary reason
lov, interesting where you draw the line in the dirt

mark
10-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Id sure like to see a 300 lb doe! I find dead mulie does all the time for the past 2 years.....result of the whitey doe season I guess???

Gamebuster
10-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Id sure like to see a 300 lb doe! I find dead mulie does all the time for the past 2 years.....result of the whitey doe season I guess???

how many have you found in last 2 years?