PDA

View Full Version : Day 6 NOT Cedar

Foxton Gundogs
10-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Well I decided to venture "far" afield today. Field Marshal invited me for a morning shoot at one of his "claims". After arriving at the field of cut corn, we set the decoys and in the imortal words of Corb Lund "Truck Got Stuck" well maybe not really stuck but it did protest forward movement without the added weight of all the gear. Add 1-240 lb pile of camo over the rear axel and away it went all was well. Dogs, hunters and gear safely settled in the blind we waited. A hot cup of coffee and shared "war stories" between a couple of "Old Timers" that remember when and the magic hour arrived with the geese coming shortly after as if right on cue. At this point Field Marshal and I decided to do a very sefless thing. In order to contribute to the future of the sport we silently decided to do our part to see no shell manufacturer would go into bankruptcy. If we filled our limits with 10 shot how would Winchester survive?? We agreed to Waste a "few" shots and help the cause. The geese came in steadily in small flocks and we managed to straighten out our act and put the dogs to work and by 8:40nwe were sitting sipping coffee eating amazing apple rasin cookies with much thanks here to Mrs. "Field Marshal" and watching the flocks land amungst the decoys until over 300 big honkers rested, ate and wandered between the decoys while at least that many again passed for a look continuing along to a diffrent dinner table.
Tally for the day, 2 limits of Geese including Field Marshals much coveted Snow which came in with 2 Canadas, some interesting dog work, coffee, cookies and BBQ salmon(Hope you enjoyed it Duffy) dutifly consumed and an hour long Wild TV quality "video" of 100s of geese including Honkers, Cacklers, and Specs passing and landing, leasure enjoyed.
Side note, Apparently I shoot a shotgun just a LITTLE better than a camera. As we sat enjoying the geese coming in I shot a good 100 pix with Field Marshals camera. Posted below are the 3 that turned out!! LMFatAO.
A huge thanks to Field Marshal for shareing one of "his" fields but much more importantly some great memories, company and AMAZING cookies.

12 O'clock High
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Geese-Fly.jpg

Happy Hunters, Happy Dogs, NOT SO Happy Geese

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Tony-Snow-Goose.jpg

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Jim_-Duffy_-Sheila_-_Geese.jpg

Crazy_Farmer
10-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Nice shooting, way to go on that snow

lorneparker1
10-23-2011, 08:36 PM
well done folks!! field marshall missing? what has the world come too. he never misses. just ask him!

bearhunter338-06
10-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Yup reading these post is giving me the urge to start hunting ducks and geese again.

Chessieguy
10-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Well done guys....

Congrats on the limits and especially on the Snow!!!

FirePower
10-24-2011, 12:29 PM
You chaps over there seem to be having way to much fun again. Congrats on the Snow.