PDA

View Full Version : quesnel help??

lightmag
10-23-2011, 01:28 PM
hey everyone, i will be back and forth between quesnel and PG (my home) over the coarse of november. Question, i have zero knowledge of the area, was hopeing to be pointed in a direction near th enorthern side of quesnel or up the barkerville hwy where a guy could do a little deer hunting/hiking with a lady friend?? just a gereral area, road, direction would be nice.

Thx

Bowzone_Mikey
10-23-2011, 01:49 PM
go out the b'ville hwy about 5- 10 minutes you will come across the "blue?" road ..... little further you will come across the 1500???? road (right turn)

north of q there is a road right across from hush lake rest stop ...take that one....

that will send you on a loop and bring you out back at hwy

lightmag
10-23-2011, 04:14 PM
go out the b'ville hwy about 5- 10 minutes you will come across the "blue?" road ..... little further you will come across the 1500???? road (right turn)

north of q there is a road right across from hush lake rest stop ...take that one....

that will send you on a loop and bring you out back at hwy

perfect thanks :)

KB90
10-23-2011, 04:26 PM
If you have a backroad map book (you'll need the cariboo one), I suggest looking up the '200 road' and any roads that make there way down to the Fraser river.

You can access it from the "old pg highway" (by A&W in Quesnel) or south of hixon by Chubb lake.

Great area for deer and is still in region 7, so you have more generous seasons, ie doe and any buck.

I've lived in and hunted Quesnel my entire life and we have always had good success in there, especially when the snow hits.

Bowzone_Mikey
10-23-2011, 04:50 PM
If you have a backroad map book (you'll need the cariboo one), I suggest looking up the '200 road' and any roads that make there way down to the Fraser river.

You can access it from the "old pg highway" (by A&W in Quesnel) or south of hixon by Chubb lake.

Great area for deer and is still in region 7, so you have more generous seasons, ie doe and any buck.

I've lived in and hunted Quesnel my entire life and we have always had good success in there, especially when the snow hits.

Ya the 200/400 loop is a great one as well ... you can get to it via Moose heights on the backside of 10mile as well