PDA

View Full Version : PG mule deer

pete_k
10-22-2011, 11:31 PM
'After Work' hunts or weekend day trips just are'nt working out for me in this area. I did manage to sneak up on 8 does (or rather they snuck up on me) in the Blackwater, but those are the only animals I've seen in 6 weeks. Starting to get bewildered and frustrated. Time to change the game plan and start spending nights in the bush. Also seen a bull and two cows together. That's a total of 2 sightings in 6 weeks. That is a scarce supply.

I'll be heading out solo this coming up weekend. Setup camp for 2 or 3 maybe 4 nights. Any of you PG guys that I've met interested?
I may even head to FSJ area. Maybe McBride. I don't know yet.

swampthing
10-23-2011, 08:09 AM
If I wasnt busy I would be all over this. Mule deer are my thing and after moving here from Kamloops I am very dissapointed in the deer hunting here. I know some do very well here that have it figured out. I am doing 2 trips to the interior in Nov and am looking forward to seeing a couple hundred deer that I know I can find there.

silvicon
10-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Most good deer are taken on private land.
Went out in the pasture yesterday afternoon with the missies and dogs and seen 5 deer right behind the house, one meat buck with 4 does and a fawn.
And no, I won't shoot the small buck or let anyone trespass.

pete_k
10-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Most good deer are taken on private land.
Went out in the pasture yesterday afternoon with the missies and dogs and seen 5 deer right behind the house, one meat buck with 4 does and a fawn.
And no, I won't shoot the small buck or let anyone trespass.

I wonder if the 400m limit is in effect if you own/rent the house or building? Maybe you're not allowed. Better check the regs!