PDA

View Full Version : Hello from SE British Columbia

kootenay cruiser
10-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Hello all, well after years of all my buds hounding me to get my hunting licence I've decided to get it. My grandpa (the ol'potlicker) gave me a Parker-Hale 30-06 rifle when I was 18 and said I might need it one day, that was 20 years ago and I still haven't shot a single bullet through it. Now its time, and I've got the bug. Been lurking the site, getting some info, reading, learning. Next season I'll be ready, so lookout mammals I'm hungry.

bearhunter338-06
10-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Welcome and good luck. Most of the people on the sight are good people, and some of them might even give some good advice lol.

Blktail
10-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Welcome from Victoria! This is a great site.

New members have to start with a good joke.

kennyj
10-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Glad you'll be joining us. Warning: very addictive!
kenny

Philcott
10-23-2011, 08:37 AM
The old potlicker. You are only the second guy I have ever heard use that expression. Welcome to the site and welcome to hunting and shooting. You already have the rifle next get some good boots and good binoculars.

Have fun and play safe.

Weatherby Fan
10-23-2011, 08:48 AM
Well you should be in a decent area to start hunting,good luck in the coming season,

LOL my mom use to use that term "Potlickers" when we were kids ! To funny !

Welcome to HBC, lots of very knowledgeable and helpful people on this site.
WF

brazen
10-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Hey cruiser, me too middle age starting out, at least you had a potlicker in your life, my pops was military, any hunting he did was Top Secret, only tip he ever gave me was 'keep the enemy on the other side of the border'. Gotta figure out how to ID critters all by myself...no help at all from CSIS...!