PDA

View Full Version : Dowson Creek hunter/host

bearhunter338-06
10-22-2011, 08:49 AM
Through circumstances not worth getting into I no longer have a hinting partner in the Dawson Creek area. So I thought I would start a little early and try and find someone in the area that would be willing to take me and the son in law moose hunting in August or elk in September/October of 2012. Or even let us hunt there ranch, or introduce us to other ranchers for possible places to hunt.

I thank you for your time and any response to my requests.
Burke

MIL720
10-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Wow , you don't ask for much... I'm sure you will have no problem with your request.. Oh ya , Good Luck

Jagermeister
10-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Wow , you don't ask for much... I'm sure you will have no problem with your request.. Oh ya , Good Luck
You don't have to be cynical about it. His request is not much different than others.
If you don't ask, you never know. Perhaps a benevolent fellow hunter from that area will acquiesce to Burke's request.

srupp
10-22-2011, 12:36 PM
I always enjoyed hunting Dawson Creek...did some late season elk..however the cold was BRU-TAL....brrrrrrrrrrr...and the ranchers for the most part were extremell accomadating..stayed at a B&B just south of DC great folks..Kuhns??..Thats definatly one hunt I must do again... elk..either the late cow..or early season ...great area great scenery..great experience..can see why others enjoy it so much also..and hence the request..

cheers
Steven

moosinaround
10-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Through circumstances not worth getting into I no longer have a hinting partner in the Dawson Creek area. So I thought I would start a little early and try and find someone in the area that would be willing to take me and the son in law moose hunting in August or elk in September/October of 2012. Or even let us hunt there ranch, or introduce us to other ranchers for possible places to hunt.

I thank you for your time and any response to my requests.
Burke

Burke, Why don't you and your son in law just head up and hunt the open season for elk and moose on your own? Lots of crown land up there! Lots of critters and very generous GOS for these critters. I could send some info your way as to where to start hunting up there. Good luck with the partner search. Moosin

bearhunter338-06
10-22-2011, 04:08 PM

If your ever in my area looking for help give me a call I will tell you where to go no problem.

bearhunter338-06
10-22-2011, 04:16 PM
(http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/member.php?480-moosinaround)Mooinaround

I will be headed up that way next year in August for the moose hunt. I have hunted the area before but on privet land with permission acquired from my ex hunting partner who lives in the area. Since our falling out I have lost most of the contacts I had. I would like to get to know other contacts and make new friends.

Razor84
10-22-2011, 04:28 PM

ILLEGAL GUIDING

The Wildlife Act defines "guide" as a person who for compensation or reward received or promised, accompanies and assists another person to hunt wildlife".

It is unlawful to act as, or offer to act as, a guide for fish or game for compensation or reward unless licensed to do so.

A person must possess a valid British Columbia Guide Outfitter Licence or Assistant Guide Licence in order to legally guide hunters. The government licences guides to ensure that their activities can be closely monitored and regulated.

MoE intends to increase its enforcement efforts to stop illegal guiding. A person who guides without the proper licence commits an offence. A person who uses the services of an illegal guide may, as a party to the offence, be charged and convicted of the same offence.

bearhunter338-06
10-22-2011, 04:43 PM
ILLEGAL GUIDING

The Wildlife Act defines "guide" as a person who for compensation or reward received or promised, accompanies and assists another person to hunt wildlife".

It is unlawful to act as, or offer to act as, a guide for fish or game for compensation or reward unless licensed to do so.

A person must possess a valid British Columbia Guide Outfitter Licence or Assistant Guide Licence in order to legally guide hunters. The government licences guides to ensure that their activities can be closely monitored and regulated.

MoE intends to increase its enforcement efforts to stop illegal guiding. A person who guides without the proper licence commits an offence. A person who uses the services of an illegal guide may, as a party to the offence, be charged and convicted of the same offence.

OH FOR F**K SAKES HERE WE GO.

At no point did a ask to be guided I said "WILLING TO TAKE". Taking someone hunting and guiding someone are 2 different things. If taking someone hunting is considered guiding come and get me now because I have taken quit a few people hunting and will continue to take people hunting if they ask me. I have introduced several people to hunting this way.

Weatherby Fan
10-22-2011, 04:56 PM

At no point did a ask to be guided I said "WILLING TO TAKE". Taking someone hunting and guiding someone are 2 different things. If taking someone hunting is considered guiding come and get me now because I have taken quit a few people hunting and will continue to take people hunting if they ask me. I have introduced several people to hunting this way.

No worries there going to get Srupp first,he will be doing about 300 years :mrgreen:

Caveman
10-22-2011, 05:51 PM

As long as you don't pay for the guys new truck, I think you're okay. A beer or two would be fine I'm sure

Caveman
10-22-2011, 05:55 PM
ILLEGAL GUIDING

Me thinks Razor84 must be a, or work for a guide outfitter.

I grew up with a mentor taking me hunting. He showed me a lot of great spots over the years. He put me in front of several animals. I guess he must be considered a guide, but has always been Dad to me!

3kills
10-22-2011, 06:02 PM
ILLEGAL GUIDING

shit my uncle took my hunting today i guess he is goin to get charged now! your pathetic! its guys like u that makes people afraid to post for help on this site now! piss up a rope!

Caveman
10-22-2011, 06:05 PM
shit my uncle took my hunting today i guess he is goin to get charged now! your pathetic! its guys like u that makes people afraid to post for help on this site now! piss up a rope!

Be sure to stand downwind as well!!

bearhunter338-06
10-22-2011, 06:10 PM
I better stop telling people what areas to go to as well, could be considered guiding.........as I would be guiding them to a specific area.

3kills
10-22-2011, 06:15 PM
I better stop telling people what areas to go to as well, could be considered guiding.........as I would be guiding them to a specific area.

you law breaker u

vortex hunter
10-22-2011, 06:21 PM

X2 on that topic FRIGGIN BS in my Book's ......... Probley no one would wanna help a rook out on tips on bighorn sheep hunting then .....go take a leap in a river with a skirt on ......

BCHunterTV
10-22-2011, 06:22 PM
clearly there isnt any guiding happening, i think some people just wanna appear to "on top of things" for everyone reading this site.

d6dan
10-22-2011, 06:34 PM

What about Internet guiding?. Lots of use do it to help fellow hunters out. We all must be guilty.:shock:

Big7
10-22-2011, 06:34 PM
ILLEGAL GUIDING

Wonder why people are hesitant to post on this website. Some people spend too much time on the computer and not enough time actually hunting. Any posts this year with you and the animal you harvested Razor ??? I guess not! Razor....pound the bush instead on the keys on your keyboard. What a meathead.

BH338-06.....hope you find what you're looking for and are not discouraged by folks who can't find the time to actually go hunting for themselves.

Good luck,

Big7

Barracuda
10-22-2011, 07:30 PM
ILLEGAL GUIDING

no compensation , "sweaty handshakes" or laydown hugs were offered as compensation. all he asked for was a hunting partner ,advice or permission.

silvicon
10-22-2011, 07:45 PM
I am sure lots of illegal guiding going on in BC, together with the abuse of the -to accompany- permit.

Razor84
10-22-2011, 07:52 PM
try and find someone in the area that would be willing to take me and the son in law moose hunting in August or elk in September/October of 2012

It sounds like you're looking for someone to take you hunting. And I bet you probably won't drive across the province to be taken on a hunt and not expected to repay in some sort of way. I don't see you offering to trade hunting opportunities with guys from Dawson Creek? Just seems a bit fishy to me. Wonder why you and your partner split ways? His arm was probably sore from wiping your ass. Lots of area in BC to hunt in, getting out there and doing it on your own is very rewarding. Good luck next season on your "hunt"

RZR

REMINGTON JIM
10-22-2011, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE=Razor84;1001442]ILLEGAL GUIDING

[LIST]
MoE intends to increase its enforcement efforts to stop illegal guiding. A person who guides without the proper licence commits an offence. A person who uses the services of an illegal guide may, as a party to the offence, be charged and convicted of the same offence.[/LIST

Pretty CHEAP shot for no reason ! - bearhunter338-06 was not out of line with him asking for some huntin info- is there something you know to make you post what you did ? if not maybe a apology is in order ! also maybe in the future you should shut your pie hole ! Just My opinion and it counts ! Rem Jim

todbartell
10-22-2011, 08:06 PM
I'm sure it's just a misswording on BH338's part. When he said 'Take me hunting' I'm sure he meant "looking for someone to go moose hunting with"

although I've heard illegal guiding is getting to be a real problem in some parts of BC

pnbrock
10-22-2011, 08:37 PM
this thread went for shit in record time!

3kills
10-22-2011, 08:47 PM
It sounds like you're looking for someone to take you hunting. And I bet you probably won't drive across the province to be taken on a hunt and not expected to repay in some sort of way. I don't see you offering to trade hunting opportunities with guys from Dawson Creek? Just seems a bit fishy to me. Wonder why you and your partner split ways? His arm was probably sore from wiping your ass. Lots of area in BC to hunt in, getting out there and doing it on your own is very rewarding. Good luck next season on your "hunt"

RZR

the whole problem is u are ASS-U_ME ing things here! it can seem fishy to you all u want but doesnt mean it is fishy! a guy with only 40 some on post spouting off bout something that is not at all fishy seems kind of fishy to me!

lunatic
10-22-2011, 08:51 PM
ILLEGAL GUIDING

Great, just what we need ANOTHER HBC Saint! IBTL

emerson
10-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Give bear hunter break. Didn't he have recent health issues
that would make solo hunting difficult? There are a lot of critical
ignorant folks on the Internet.

bearhunter338-06
10-22-2011, 08:57 PM
this thread went for shit in record time!

It sure did. I have learned that there are some people out there that just need to be a-holes no matter the question. This is why a lot of my advice is sent by PM to avoid a lot of the bull-crap. I am judged by people who have never met me or don't even know me. For all they know I could be in a wheel chair, luckily I am not but I do have some physical limitation.

bearhunter338-06
10-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Give bear hunter break. Didn't he have recent health issues
that would make solo hunting difficult? There are a lot of critical
ignorant folks on the Internet.

Yes it was a quadruple by-pass.

Bromley
10-23-2011, 12:50 PM
fire me a pm, well chat!

Jetboat
10-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Hey BH338-06...PM coming buddy :)

sheepaholic
10-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Hey Bearhunter dont worry about it there are lots of people on this site that like to spout off and hide behind a fake name and no location

bear buster
10-23-2011, 08:26 PM
PM sent hope it helps abit, if your up this way let me know we will grad a beer or coffee, good luck in the season to come.

bear buster
10-23-2011, 08:29 PM

RZR
oh wow, somebody took a giant crap in your cornflakes this morning. give ya a perfect 10 on that low blow.

dukester
10-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Kistkatnaw(sp) river valley is a good start. about 30km north towards fsj. Mike at Corlanes should also be able to give you some direction.

bearhunter338-06
10-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Thank you all.

I have been corresponding with some members on here. I am glad to say it looks like I will indeed have some new friends to sit around the fire with next season. I am looking forward to it.

bearhunter338-06
10-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Kistkatnaw(sp) river valley is a good start. about 30km north towards fsj. Mike at Corlanes should also be able to give you some direction.

I hate Corlanes it cost me to much when I go there lol

Moose Guide
10-23-2011, 09:22 PM
ILLEGAL GUIDING

Where does the OP promise payment? I see no promise of a beer, gasoline, an aided hunt in region 8 or 3 or any other promise of payment!!! Don't look for an offense where there isn't one!