PDA

View Full Version : Smithers moose hunter

Mack45
10-22-2011, 06:50 AM
Hi I did drop my crutches this year and bought a moose tag . My foot is sore but my mind is buzzing . Two days hunting we got mobbed by hunters coming in on our set up they left and two smaller grizzly showed up in the meadow I was watching.I am not usually to concerned with bears we do not hunt each other. but these were two close at 80 yards and I was hunting with a young hunter and the bears were on a collision course with him . I backed up to let them get by me and another friend showed up in his pick up so we gathered up and left that area to the bears.
We started an afternoon hunt early because lots of others knew the spot and we got in early waited until 4 and nothing moving then started to leave and spotted two moose a long way off. They were to far to shooot and no road into the block they were on.
I back tracked to reset on the first block and 45 minutes or so before dark two cows showed up but nothing to shoot.
I am giving my foot a bit of a rest and letting the others do this morning but setting up to winter camp in a new area this afternoon.
I am hoping to get some photos when we get a moose but not a guarantee on that I am not much on pictures.:-D