PDA

View Full Version : 2 point bull moose .oct.16/2011

BIGHUNTERFISH
10-21-2011, 06:02 PM
My friend Adam and I made plans to do a little deer hunting last Sunday in the Princeton area .We left my house at 500 am and by 715 we are in an area that I know holds a good population of deer.I drove to the top of a cut block where I had shot 2 bucks in the past.I told Adam to glass and still hunt the block and that in a few hours I would pick him up at the bottom.I drove my truck up another road that had some good cut blocks .I reached the end of the road and spent the next 20 minutes glassing with out seeing anything.I turned around and headed back on the road in which I had just came up.I drove about a 1/2 k and came around a corner and look up into this large cut block and see a moose standing broad side at about 200 yards up the block.I can see through the binoculars that he is a small bull and I lower the passenger side window and slide my spotting scope onto the window mount.The bull is locked onto my truck at this time and seems to be staring right at me,the spotting scopes confirms clearly that he has a perfect 2 point antler on one side and is missing the other antler completely.I slide out of my truck and put a magazine in the Browning X.bolt and chamber a round .I see a stump on the side of the road and quietly move over to get a shot.I take my jacket and place it on top of the stump and aim right behind the mooses shoulder .The shot hits its mark and the moose staggers about 30 feet when I let another one fly and the moose goes down like a sack of potatos.I wait about 10 minutes and slowly make my way up the cut block and find the dead moose.I head back to my truck quickly and drive to pick up my friend and tell him the story.We both make it back to the moose within a half hour and field dress and cut the moose in half for a very hard drag back to the truck.The moose was shot with a 30/06 and the cheap 150 grain Winchester power point bullets.I t was a very fun day and I would like to thank my friend Andy who helped us skin the moose in my garage.:-D

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/rsz_1img_0123.jpg

mikeboehm
10-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Congrates
On the moose

SimilkameenSlayer
10-21-2011, 06:10 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/rsz_1img_0123.jpgMy friend Adam and I made plans to do a little deer hunting last Sunday in the Princeton area .We left my house at 500 am and by 715 we are in an area that I know holds a good population of deer.I drove to the top of a cut block where I had shot 2 bucks in the past.I told Adam to glass and still hunt the block and that in a few hours I would pick him up at the bottom.I drove my truck up another road that had some good cut blocks .I reached the end of the road and spent the next 20 minutes glassing with out seeing anything.I turned around and headed back on the road in which I had just came up.I drove about a 1/2 k and came around a corner and look up into this large cut block and see a moose standing broad side at about 200 yards up the block.I can see through the binoculars that he is a small bull and I lower the passenger side window and slide my spotting scope onto the window mount.The bull is locked onto my truck at this time and seems to be staring right at me,the spotting scopes confirms clearly that he has a perfect 2 point antler on one side and is missing the other antler completely.I slide out of my truck and put a magazine in the Browning X.bolt and chamber a round .I see a stump on the side of the road and quietly move over to get a shot.I take my jacket and place it on top of the stump and aim right behind the mooses shoulder .The shot hits its mark and the moose staggers about 30 feet when I let another one fly and the moose goes down like a sack of potatos.I wait about 10 minutes and slowly make my way up the cut block and find the dead moose.I head back to my truck quickly and drive to pick up my friend and tell him the story.We both make it back to the moose within a half hour and field dress and cut the moose in half for a very hard drag back to the truck.The moose was shot with a 30/06 and the cheap 150 grain Winchester power point bullets.I t was a very fun day and I would like to thank my friend Andy who helped us skin the moose in my garage.:-D

awesome! thanks for posting. i also have seen a lot of moose in the princeton area this year.

Deer_Slayer
10-21-2011, 06:10 PM
hey that's great..congrats

Wrayzer
10-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Can't complain when ya go for a deer hunt and come home with a moose, congrats!

The Dawg
10-21-2011, 07:57 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/rsz_1img_0123.jpg

mark
10-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Thats the way them immy's seem to go down, just plain luck when ya least expect it!
Hard to find one when your looking for them!

Fisher-Dude
10-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Atta boy BHF! Don't tell Bartell and Gatehouse that you use cheapo ammo and it still kills a moose! They'll give you an infraction for saying that! :D

pg-gwh
10-21-2011, 09:41 PM
nice job. i got pics of him with a cow in september if your in the same area i think you were. ill try and post

moose2
10-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Thats a nice moose must have been nice when you only thought you might get a deer in the freezer.
Mike

matt420
10-27-2011, 10:50 AM
now thats a 2point moose, no paddling started and close to a 3point like some that have been shot this year, that is just a straight up immy, no 2nd guessin on that one, CONGRATS!!

Phil
10-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Congrats on what seems to be the hardest animal to locate! Nicely done!

killer
10-27-2011, 08:44 PM
thats a nice freezer full of yummieness congrats.

BIGHUNTERFISH
10-31-2011, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys.The meat is absolutely fantastic.

gerrygoat
10-31-2011, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys.The meat is absolutely fantastic.

I'm sure it is, congrats on your bull.