PDA

View Full Version : lumby area Whitetail hunting?

finngun
10-20-2011, 03:12 PM
is there lots of good hunting areas -- gov. land - there...or is it most farming-ranchers private land?
i been there only ones...long time ago..whitetales are there...but are farmers willing to let hunters take deer? p.s. my first whitetail is still running..:-D
if anyone knows--thanks about help...f-g:-D

nano
10-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Head up Harris creek, I was up there thanksgiving weekend and saw lots of does!

wrenchhead
10-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Any forestry road around lumby will hold whitetails! A little higher population towards cherryville.

hunterman
10-20-2011, 09:23 PM
i was was there last weekend got whitetail doe. there are tonnes of deer on all the prviate land .

Elk-Aholic
10-20-2011, 09:26 PM
No whiteys in lumby, try the kootneys lol

Salty
10-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Make friends with a rancher. The lions share of the deer are on private or grazing lease land, I figure selling no hunting signs would be a good business there. lol The accessable and huntable crown land is mostly high and out of the valley bottoms and has fairly heavy hunting pressure.

wrenchhead
10-21-2011, 08:45 AM
I would have to disagree salty, within 20 minutes in any direction from lumpy gets you into good numbers of whiteys on crown land. The ones on private land are standing in the fields so they are easy to spot therefor creating the illusion that there are more of them.

Salty
10-21-2011, 12:31 PM
I agree that there's good numbers of white tail on crown land wrenchhead just less than the valley bottoms. And in my limited experience the crown land areas I've seen had quite a bit of traffic, both hunters and a lot of dirt bike and atv enthusiasts. Then again I'm used to being pretty much alone where i go around here so maybe I'm a bit spoiled. Its all relative. Just trying to give my opinion as I see it and as a tourist. lol. Having said all that I'll be out that way to hook up with a buddy from Vernon for a weekend next month to try our luck. :-D