PDA

View Full Version : Dall Sheep Cape

Deer_Slayer
10-19-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm looking for a Dall Sheep cape. I was given a very old dall sheep shoulder mount probably from the 20's or 30's..and the form etc is very poor quality and face is peeling off of mount. Beautiful full curl. If anyone knows where I can get a cape I would appreciate it so I can bring this animal back to its glory..thanks.

Bchunter3006
10-19-2011, 07:59 PM
pics??? Try local taxidermists.

bruin
10-19-2011, 08:55 PM
I'd start contacting dall sheep outfitters and ask if they know of anyone that has an extra cape. Occasionally a guide will have a hunter that doesn't want his cape and he'll get to keep it (totally legal). And you can also contact taxidermists, especially the ones in the north (Whitehorse, Yellowknife etc.)
Good luck.

10-19-2011, 09:12 PM
You might be able to pick up a Auction Cape from Yukon BC Alaska, from a illegal insubordinate ram ........ I know the province has a yearly sale but doubt they would have a Dall Cape being how few are actually shot in BC.

Contact the Ministry for where and when poached critters are on sale .

CT

bisonhunter
10-20-2011, 05:24 AM
First post so i had better say hi. I lived in Salmon Arm four 4 years a while back, which keeps me interested in hunting BC and therefore a new member here. I currently reside in Yellowknife (last 8 yrs) so i'm a bit out of your loop so to speak, but will contribute where I can in the future.
First order of business is to help find a Dall cape. Talk to one the Robertson boys in the link, they would have the best knowledge of where to find you a cape. Many animals are shot each year in native settlement areas in the Northwest Territories that are then sold to the highest bidder. The Robertsons buy some of these and create their own mounts for sale to the general public.
Hope this helps

http://pages.ssimicro.com/~wildart/

Deer_Slayer
10-21-2011, 02:19 PM
hey thank you

kgriz
10-23-2011, 02:01 PM
wildlife auction in PG in spring prob will have some