PDA

View Full Version : Houston area?

dime acres
10-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Has anyone been or heard of how the houston area has been for moose?

coach
10-19-2011, 03:36 PM
You'll find Texas is much better known for whitetails..

dime acres
10-19-2011, 04:23 PM
WOW. I guess that the wealth of useless knowledge is what gets you the champ status. It would be benificial to all if you actually helped others. In the long run, isn't that want the family of hunters is all about. Oh, sorry, you are probably one of those who think that you have the perfect spot and refuse to share with your life long friends, because it may help. But, on second thought, you are probably still living in your mom's basement, drinking beer and eating cheezies and have probably never even set foot in the woods, let alone even seen a Moose. Pleae save us all of the pain and suffering, stop posting garbage.

heyblast
10-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Don't know if helps for this year but hunted that area last season in Nov on a LEH hunt any bull. In 5 days saw about a dozen animals, all cows but one which came home with us. Saw lots of sign, both old and fresh. I wouldn't think it would be much different this year. Be sure to take the 22 there where lots of grouse as well. Good luck.

WaldoFive
10-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Moose population is down in Houston area.There was a hard winter two years ago trapped them in the high country, many didn't make it.

steel_ram
10-19-2011, 04:36 PM
WOW. I guess that the wealth of useless knowledge is what gets you the champ status. It would be benificial to all if you actually helped others. In the long run, isn't that want the family of hunters is all about. Oh, sorry, you are probably one of those who think that you have the perfect spot and refuse to share with your life long friends, because it may help. But, on second thought, you are probably still living in your mom's basement, drinking beer and eating cheezies and have probably never even set foot in the woods, let alone even seen a Moose. Pleae save us all of the pain and suffering, stop posting garbage.

WoW right back. "Ha Ha" might of been a more appropriate response.

SimilkameenSlayer
10-19-2011, 04:49 PM
You'll find Texas is much better known for whitetails..

ha, ha .... the old ones are the best .... :mrgreen:

trigger
10-19-2011, 04:55 PM
moose are up high still. ans i also second waldo five. moose got hit hard a few winters back.

coach
10-19-2011, 05:25 PM

Wow! Quite the comeback! I've actually hunted the Houston area a fair amount (with success) and could probably point you in the right direction. Normal protocol on this site is for first time posters to introduce themselves and tell a joke. While your post is rather comical, I'm not sure it fits the criteria. Shit.. Gotta go.. Mom's got dinner ready and I have a lot of beer cans and cheesy bags to clean up.

SHAKER
10-19-2011, 05:45 PM
Easy their gents..... Maybe we should just start over here?

I haven't been in that country in many years but it was decent and the steelhead fishing on the Morice was pretty good.... That might date how long it's been, it might be closed to fishing or something?

winmag
10-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Shit.. Gotta go.. Mom's got dinner ready and I have a lot of beer cans and cheesy bags to clean up.

Now that's funny!

.330 Dakota
10-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Its too bad that some people have thin skin,,,I agree with "WOW"