PDA

View Full Version : Water coat for my dog????

meat eater
10-18-2011, 08:16 PM
I' m looking to get a life jacket for my dog. I saw the ones at wholesale but she is to big for them!! any idea where i could get a bigger size at not the extra large price!! she is a lab/sharpay?? shes a big girl!!

huckle buck
10-18-2011, 08:37 PM
i got a 5mm neoprene vest made by doken froam canadan gun dog suplly for 29 bucks if that is what you mean

tash
10-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Ruff Wear makes them. If there is a Valhalla Pure store nearby, then they generally have them.

Total Pet in my town carries dog lifejackets, including the larger sizes. Can't remember the brand though...
I was told to look for one with a small floatation flap on the chest to help support the dog's head should they get tired when swimming.

Other brands include Outward Hound and Hooligan Gear.

meat eater
10-18-2011, 10:55 PM
my problem is trying it on her!!! the one i tried was a extra large an there was noway!! i could zip the fatty into it!!lol ( not really that fat just a big dog!

Angus
10-19-2011, 08:39 AM
I picked up a 5mm neoprene vest for my lab from Brian at Stillwater Sports in Ladner. They had several different sizes and we had the opportunity to check them out and find the correct one.

meat eater
10-20-2011, 10:23 AM
thank you gentlemen!!

Foxton Gundogs
10-20-2011, 03:05 PM
my problem is trying it on her!!! the one i tried was a extra large an there was noway!! i could zip the fatty into it!!lol ( not really that fat just a big dog!

Man that must be 1 big dog. The Spinoni pictured in my thread "Hard Work Paying Off" is 112 lbs and his 2X Remington is big on him BUT he's a growing boy lol It came from WS was about $30