PDA

View Full Version : North Fraser River Exploring

pete_k
10-18-2011, 01:54 AM
Just wondering how far up the Fraser some of you have been? Boat or otherwise.

So what's up there? Anyone have any stories they would share? I think heading up as far as you can go and drifting back would be a very interesting trip. Any navigable tributaries beyond McGregor?

Wiki states the headwaters is somewhere near Valemount. And not that far from the headwaters of the Columbia.

barry1974w
10-18-2011, 07:20 AM
Try tossing a canoe in by Jasper and drifting back down to hells gate. Could be an interesting trip......

mark
10-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Try tossing a canoe in by Jasper and drifting back down to hells gate. Could be an interesting trip......

French bar rapids would be very interesting in a canoe!!! LOL

Kapow
10-18-2011, 02:35 PM
There is or was a rafting outfit located about halfway between mount Robson and Tete jeune and thats about as far as u can make it. Falls and gorges beyond that.

muleychaser
10-18-2011, 02:42 PM
If you read some of the books written by Jack Boudreaux there is alot of stories and reference in regards to the fraser. I know a couple guys that drop into the Stuart River in Fort St James and float down to PG a few times every hunting season. I have been up to the stuart in a river boat via the nechako and it was nice country.