PDA

View Full Version : PG/Vanderoof - Too many infractions

jml11
10-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Over 80 charges laid over thanksgiving weekend (article says november long...oops, after all it is a local paper :neutral:). Out of 500 or so hunters talked with that works out to a ball park of 16% of hunters broke the law. And these are the ones that got caught! Far too many, but it's amazing how many people break the hunting laws and regulations, mostly full well knowing it too. Sure hope none of these are HBC saints!!

With the amount of beer cans seen along the roads...can't say i'm suprised by the results...

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/article/20111017/PRINCEGEORGE0101/310179986/hunting-infraction-blitz-wracks-up-charges

Glenny
10-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Holy crap. Who the hell would drive around with a loaded gun in the truck? obviously guys dumb enough not to unload it when they saw the CO.

endtimerwithabow
10-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Sure hope none of these are HBC saints!!

LMAO

jml11
10-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Holy crap. Who the hell would drive around with a loaded gun in the truck? obviously guys dumb enough not to unload it when they saw the CO.

CO's in B.C. and Alberta i've talked too have said this is an extremely common infraction. I imagine a lot of people on ATV's drive with them loaded too.

frenchbar
10-17-2011, 03:37 PM
it dosent suprize me 1 little bit !

Ambush
10-17-2011, 05:46 PM
They were probaby all heading into town to self-report and turn themselves in.
They just got stopped on the way.

Rainsford
10-17-2011, 05:58 PM
That's sad to see but like others are saying it sure doesn’t surprise me, im sure there were plenty more that didn’t get caught over the weekend. I bet those results would be pretty consistent throughout most areas in bc aswell.

BlackwaterHunter
10-17-2011, 06:07 PM
From the amount of idiots i know in pg i am not surprised at all.

charr
10-17-2011, 06:50 PM
If people would stop doing stupd things and use common sense there would be less regulation.

Allen50
10-17-2011, 07:34 PM
why do hunters have to drive and drink when hunting and toss the cans out the window, drinking, driveing, guns, you think that mixes,, they should be charged,, just because your in the woods does not mean you can drink and drive, and shoot and get away with it,, makes one think about hunting around these kind of hunters, or are they hunters,,,, hummmmm things that make one go hummmm , think twice before deing around these guys,,,hope they all get cought, and charged to the max,,,,,,

olharley guy
10-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Howdy, is newspaper article what they think is going to happen on the November long weekend or did they mean the Oct. Thanksgiving holiday? ERROR

And I am really surprised at the number of empty beer cans on the side of the road within a 50 mile radius of 100 Mile in the last 3 weeks. Is it illegal to have a bag of MT cans in the back of your truck-why can't they just take them home with them!

I certainly give all vehicles a wide berth now when meeting them on some of the old roads. Later

Johnny G1
10-17-2011, 09:55 PM
They were likely going to see Bartell to explain to them why their gun was jammed and wouldn;t eject the shells???

Drillbit
10-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Not surprised about catching people with so called loaded guns. To me, a loaded gun has a one in the pipe, ready to go.

To get a ticket, a loaded gun is one in the pipe or a magazine attached to the gun. So, a browning A-bolt, with the mag loaded and clipped to the hinged floorplate and left open will get you a ticket, but is a long way from being something dangerous. I bet most people don't know the Regulation Definition of a "loaded gun'', but that's why they should read the book before they hit the bush.

No excuse for any littering PERIOD.

anethema
10-17-2011, 10:30 PM
So a loaded magazine NOT in the gun is not considered a loaded gun correct? That is how I gleaned the rules, but I could be wrong.

Camp Cook
10-18-2011, 05:55 AM
You are correct...

cariboobill
10-18-2011, 06:54 AM
The interesting part of this article is the hunters where having a great time before getting caught, then the sh_t hits the fan and they get caught and all h_ll breaks out in their lives.

Is it worth breaking the rules and laws for a little fun that could wait until camp! I lost a brother to hunting over 46 years ago and we followed the rules. I still follow the rules, but see many that do not, of all ages. Good on the CO's for a job well done.

Cb

silvicon
10-18-2011, 08:38 AM
Unfortunately the province does not have enough money to hire more CO's to step up enforcement and put an end to the illegal activities of
resident 'hunters'.