PDA

View Full Version : Hunting around Pemberton this year?

Gateholio
09-17-2006, 10:37 PM
If you are hutning around Pemberton (Whistler/{Pemberton/Mt Currie/Duffey Lake Rd)

Please take a moment to get a survey from me and fi it out after hunting there.

The Pemberton Wildlife Assoc has been doing deer hunting surveys for quite a few years, and the regional bio has mentioned that he finds them useful for research.

Until now, ony club members have participated, but the more the better!

(And no, you don't have to write down the exact GPS co-ordinates of your secret spot or anything:lol: )

Mostly, we ask how many days you hunted, did you kill a deer and how many you saw.

to get a survey, email me at

gatehouse@uniserve.com

Thanks!8-)

partsman
09-17-2006, 10:58 PM
Let me get this straight, you, I and others keep telling folks there are no deer up there.
And now you tell them there is a survey?
That may imply there is game up there.

boonerbuck
09-17-2006, 11:07 PM
Gatehouse provides you with a pitcher of beer at the local pub while you take your time to fill out the survey and Keno cards. 1 pitcher per survey.8-)

Gateholio
09-17-2006, 11:09 PM
Let me get this straight, you, I and others keep telling folks there are no deer up there.
And now you tell them there is a survey?
That may imply there is game up there.

Well, virtualy every survey that we get back says " Hunted 14 days. Saw no wildife of any description, except at the Pem Ho.":lol:

Byson
09-25-2006, 07:00 AM
i saw a monster deer the other day on the hurley it was a five point it was on the field soon as you cross the bridge it was in the school property behind the barbwire fench what ever you guys do don't shoot it cause its fake and the co's are around the corner i passed there test with flying colors

Steeleco
09-25-2006, 08:19 AM
I would hope that most of us here don't need tipping off as to a C/O's Dummy deer. If a guy were to shoot it he deserves what's coming. :mad::mad:

Kirby
09-25-2006, 11:35 AM
I would hope that most of us here don't need tipping off as to a C/O's Dummy deer. If a guy were to shoot it he deserves what's coming. :mad::mad:

Only if whats coming is a Mac truck with no brakes.:twisted:

Kirby

Gateholio
10-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Pemberton Wildlife Association
Box 343, Pemberton, BC, Canada V0N 2L0

Annual PWA Deer Hunter Survey - 2006

If you plan to hunt deer in MU 2-11, 2-10 or 2-09 this fall, please keep notes so that you are able to fill out this survey at the end of the hunting season. All participants will be mailed a copy of the results and have their name entered for a modest draw prize - to be drawn at our Feb. 5 - 2007 AGM. Our Senior Wildlife Biologist, Darryl Reynolds, will review the data and use it to help make future management decisions.

Please report only the activities that you were directly involved in. Feel free to distribute the survey to other hunters, including those who are not PWA members. Accurate reporting is essential - a daily log of your activities is strongly recommended. Please do not include observations from private land.

PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

Name and telephone number - __________________________________________________ _

Management Unit (MU) hunted - ________ (please fill out a survey for each MU you hunted)

Number of days hunted - ____

Total number of deer observed - _______

Number of fawns included in the total above - _______

Number of bucks (antlered) included in the total above - _______

Please refer to following table and do your best to classify each buck you saw.

Black-tailed Deer Buck Classifications

Buck Class
Description* Observed by Hunter

Class I
Spike or antlers with 1 and/or 2 very small points - # observed - ______
Class II
Small 2 point or 2/3 points per antler - # observed - ______
Class III
Medium 2 or 3 point or small 3 point, light antlers - # observed - ______
Class IV
Large 3 or 4 + points/antler, heavy antlers - # observed - ______

*Not including brow tines - Total bucks - _______

If you harvested a buck (or more than one), please state what "class" the animal(s) were:
#1 - _________ #2 - ______________

Thank you for participating. Please mail the completed survey to the address on our letterhead or deliver it to our club secretary Allen McEwan. McEwan can be reached at 604 894 6063 for further information. Comments welcome:

Gateholio
10-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Her eis our form, I htink you can cut and paste it into WORD or similar program.

frenchbar
11-19-2006, 12:34 PM
gatehouse,i travell the duffy lk rd just about every night from oct to march,over the last few yrs the #of deer i see has dropped big time ,i hardly see any deer any more down by the hyw.but the last few years have seen a lot of cougars,my guess is the cats are thinning out the population.Glen.

fuzzwilkens
11-25-2006, 04:00 PM
gatehouse,

I was up in the area on Thursday and Friday and we spotted cougar tracks chasing down a small herd of deer. I wonder if the cougars are thinning out the population?

bcboy
12-03-2006, 01:47 PM
I'll need a sheet, ??

browningboy
02-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Why is this thread on here so long? If people were to respond, they would have done so a few months ago??

Gateholio
02-06-2007, 12:47 AM
Why is this thread on here so long? If people were to respond, they would have done so a few months ago??

I was hoping to annoy browningboy:lol:

The 'Hummer'
02-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Well, virtualy every survey that we get back says " Hunted 14 days. Saw no wildife of any description, except at the Pem Ho.":lol:
I just drove through that area, for he first time ever, last fall and stayed over night in Lillooet. Interesting looking country but didn't see any game to speak of. Looks like some good long range country for varmints as well. Anything much along that line?

Gateholio
02-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Lots of wolves int he timber and yotes on the farms..Just few want to commit suicide by Gatehouse! :)

bsa30-06
02-06-2007, 03:36 PM
I was hoping to annoy browningboy:lol:

I think you accomplished that.!!!!!!!:lol:

The 'Hummer'
02-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Lots of wolves int he timber and yotes on the farms..Just few want to commit suicide by Gatehouse! :)
Yotes sound interesting. Might be just the thing to test the Savage 112BVSS .25-06 I picked up a while ago.

browningboy
02-06-2007, 10:20 PM
I think you accomplished that.!!!!!!!:lol:
I'M GONNA SNAP!!!:lol: