PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?????

PeachlandHunter
10-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Hey guys,

just wondering what you guys would do if you knew somebody who was shooting over there bag limit, and shooting illegal animals.

bchunter181
10-16-2011, 09:29 PM
report them doesnt make it fair for the rest of us that follow the rules!

3kills
10-16-2011, 09:31 PM
call the RAPP line ASAP!!!! you owe it to all hunters out there!

sakofinnlight
10-16-2011, 09:31 PM
Call the co without hesitation! No question there, the person you turn in will not know who turned them in, do all of us hunters a favor and stop this hunter!

SimilkameenSlayer
10-16-2011, 09:33 PM
call the co ! record and report !

no brainer.

jeff
10-16-2011, 09:35 PM
sometimes ratting people out can bring on a world of pain. not saying what the person u no is doing is right. but i dont agree in being a rat on just about any situation

recoil
10-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Depends, if they are close friends or family tell them to quit it if they ever want to associate with you ever again. If they are anyone else call 1-877-952-7277 asap.

landphil
10-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Call the co without hesitation! No question there, the person you turn in will not know who turned them in, do all of us hunters a favor and stop this poacher!

Fixed it for you. Otherwise, you hit the nail on the head.

Report ALL Poachers on Polluters, pretty simple.
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/cos/rapp/form.htm

SimilkameenSlayer
10-16-2011, 09:37 PM
friends / family ... whatever ... report. crime is crime.

jeff
10-16-2011, 09:39 PM
friends / family ... whatever ... report. crime is crime.

and a rat is a rat

boxhitch
10-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Best to try and set it straight yourself. Confront the dude and tell him what you think. His reaction will guide the next step.

boxhitch
10-16-2011, 09:40 PM
and a rat is a ratis a rat lower than a criminal ?

jeff
10-16-2011, 09:42 PM
is a rat lower than a criminal ?

pretty dam close

SimilkameenSlayer
10-16-2011, 09:45 PM
pretty dam close

i don't think so, the law is more important than your stereo types.

Rainsford
10-16-2011, 09:47 PM
If you choose to confront him be careful. Some people that you think you may know well may act very differently than you would expect when they feel betrayed or that they could be getting into a lot of sh*t.

Barracuda
10-16-2011, 09:49 PM
sometimes ratting people out can bring on a world of pain. not saying what the person u no is doing is right. but i dont agree in being a rat on just about any situation

what kind of a person would try convince people that they should let some pos poacher get away with what they are doing.

PointMan
10-16-2011, 09:53 PM
and a rat is a rat

This isn't high school where you saw someone smoking a joint behind the school, this is the real world where we all work, pay taxes and follow the rules so that the prices stay reasonable, bag limits are not too low and there are enough tags to be had. Based on your logic, if you saw a guy ripping of your neighbours truck, you'ld look the other way. I'm glad you don't live next to me.

Turn him in, simple.

jeff
10-16-2011, 09:53 PM
what kind of a person would try convince people that they should let some pos poacher get away with what they are doing.

thats not what i said ./ did i say let guy poach all the game he wants . no i didnt. so dont put words in my mouth

rem338win
10-16-2011, 09:54 PM
pretty dam close

If you choose to confront him be careful. Some people that you think you may know well may act very differently than you would expect when they feel betrayed or that they could be getting into a lot of sh*t.

Kinda new here, but been around the block. Here is my take: never take ethical advise from Jeff. Sounds like dumb#$$ criminal or union mentallity, and I have been around both to see the results, and it is never good.

Confront the fella, tell him what you think, that you are an ethical person, and he is being ignorant and selfish by putting you (and others) in a position that is comprimising your relationship by breaking the law. If he doesn't take that seriously and tries to shift the blame to you, turn him in for his and the rest of the sportsmen in BC's sake. And to hell with the rat speak.

Whonnock Boy
10-16-2011, 09:55 PM

A rat is someone that is involved in the same illegal activities as the offender, yet he 'rats' them out for his own benefit. Give your head a shake Jeff!! If Peachlandhunter reports this guy, he in no way would be considered a rat, although if he does not RAPP him or her, he might be guilty by association.

The question for the OP is, do you know of someone who is doing this, or is this a hypothetical question to spark debate?

Steelwheels
So Jeff...you saw me enter your camp and take your rifle..you confronted me and I told you to take a hike and left with your gun...you wouldn't report it????

jeff
do whatever the hell u want . but i no what id do . and it wouldnt involve phoning anyone

Jagermeister
10-16-2011, 09:57 PM
and a rat is a rat
you guilty of something? A poacher is a scumbag just like a drug dealing pusher selling drugs around schools.
Report the scumbags.
If you have any fear, remain anonymous if you wish and you don't necessarily have to go to court.

jeff
10-16-2011, 09:58 PM
So Jeff...you saw me enter your camp and take your rifle..you confronted me and I told you to take a hike and left with you gun...you wouldn't report it??

id most likely would call some buddies and take care of the theif myself. ive had nothing but problems whenever the law gets involved

rainman
10-16-2011, 10:01 PM
well this seems to be going nowhere....you asked what you should do and youve been told

buzz720
If the person is a close friend or family I would confront the person and tell try to get them to stop because you will burn the bridge with that person for good if you just report them. It all depends on how much you value your relationship with them.

jjkelowna
Nobody here ever done time? Rats are criminals who inform on other criminals. If you are not a crook yourself, you are a witness or a complainant when you help the authorities do their job. This is also known as being a good citizen. You are not less of a good citizen if you address the problem yourself - I.e. Confront the dummy if they are a close associate or friend. Doing nothing makes you kinda complicit.

SimilkameenSlayer
10-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Nobody here ever done time? Rats are criminals who inform on other criminals. If you are not a crook yourself, you are a witness or a complainant when you help the authorities do their job. This is also known as being a good citizen. You are not less of a good citizen if you address the problem yourself - I.e. Confront the dummy if they are a close associate or friend. Doing nothing makes you kinda complicit.

excellent and thank you.

thoe, doing nothing in my books also makes you a type of criminal ....

peashooter
10-16-2011, 10:12 PM
jeff is the absolute best internet tough guy. a real gang banger.

Jelvis
10-16-2011, 10:14 PM
I would have to see this with my own eyes before I would believe it or disbelieve it.
If someone told you this, then that is totally different. I would not go by what others say on a serious accusation, period.
If you saw it with your own eyes and you know this person is doing wrong and committing an unlawful act against the B.C. Wildlife Act then you need to report a poacher.
Jp .. R.A.P.P. them up for Christmas .. Be prepared to make a statement and appear in a court of law.
.. You are a witness to a crime .. Act Now! .. Phone R.A.P.P. be a responsible person ..
Join the thousands of good hunters who respect the British Columbia Wild Life Act.

jeff
some of u guys are fricken clowns . u wanna talk about being around the block . u probaby havent left your driveway . i aint no criminal . but i no how to stay safe . i live in surrey and have seen many things .. many things that would make u and your mommy shit your pants . so id take my advice

hotload
do whatever the hell u want . but i no what id do . and it wouldnt involve phoning anyone

Jeff your so far off the mark you don't even deserve to get a resonse for your ridiculousness. PeachlandHunter got the proper answers from ethical hunters and all you do here is help promote what is all wrong. You need to stop posting mindless drivel, and your narrowminded Surrey attitude..............................

jeff
10-16-2011, 10:17 PM

what do u no . do u no me . no u dont . so shut it . and i can hold my own . in any situation . internet or in person

PeachlandHunter
10-16-2011, 10:20 PM
uh oh i think jeff might know im onto him....

Glenny
10-16-2011, 10:22 PM
PH I think you need to at least start with having a word with this guy. Go from there.

Barracuda
Some people really just are not worth the effort.

you can try to educate them and you can spend a ton of energy trying to instill positive values and trying to lead by example but at the end of the day the only thing these kinds of self indulgent jackasses understand is a serious consequence .

jeff
uh oh i think jeff might know im onto him....

now thats funny

Jelvis
10-16-2011, 10:25 PM
If you saw this person doing wrong and you knew the person did what you said was wrong for sure, then you should RAPP the person up.
Jel .... RAPP .. Report A Poacher/Polluter .. NOW! ........................................Hello ...

PointMan
what do u no . do u no me . no u dont . so shut it . and i can hold my own . in any situation . internet or in person

Any situation except spelling, grammar and social skills.

lorneparker1
i found a pic of jeff

http://www.gtfo.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Internet-Tough-Guys-550x439.jpg

PeachlandHunter
10-16-2011, 10:31 PM
is my information private if i call into the RAPP line????

Jelvis
10-16-2011, 10:31 PM
If you call RAPP they will hear your complaint and, you go in, or they come out.
Jp. It's your call .. the ballz in your court .. pick up the phone if your sure .........

jeff
10-16-2011, 10:40 PM
ive already said what i really think. im sorry im not with the majority . but i speak what i really think and i dont follow anyone.

Moosehunter64
10-16-2011, 10:41 PM
The best thing you could do is to report this person.For his own benefit.You never know where things like this will leed a person so you need to stop it now.He will probably thank you for doing it one day.Just be prepared they may ask you to testify in court if it go`s that far.

The Dawg
10-16-2011, 10:43 PM
ive already said what i really think. im sorry im not with the majority . but i speak what i really think and i dont follow anyone.

Do you even have your own hunting license?
Because I'm pretty sure ethics and honesty is taught in the core, and you don't seem to have those key elements.

Word Life- surrey what?

boxhitch
10-16-2011, 10:44 PM
PH, Completely annon , anon , aannoonn , er... private.
Also BCWF has a reward program if convictions are handed out iirc.

jeff
10-16-2011, 10:49 PM
The best thing you could do is to report this person.For his own benefit.You never know where things like this will leed a person so you need to stop it now.He will probably thank you for doing it one day.Just be prepared they may ask you to testify in court if it go`s that far.

are u serious ,he wont thank u one day . what ferry tale land u in.if anything later down the road you could get a drive by .ive personally seen the reprecussions of calling the authorities on wrong people . this is only my personal opinion.

Steelwheels
10-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Well Jeff...I hope you don't follow your buddies down the wrong back alley....

jeff
10-16-2011, 10:53 PM
Do you even have your own hunting license?
Because I'm pretty sure ethics and honesty is taught in the core, and you don't seem to have those key elements.

Word Life- surrey what?

i see u havent been taught how to live the streets . u gotta watch out for number one . and thats family.i dont give a flyin **** what anyone on here thinks of me . i just no u guys are all good saints . ya right.

The Dawg
10-16-2011, 11:03 PM
i see u havent been taught how to live the streets . u gotta watch out for number one . and thats family.i dont give a flyin **** what anyone on here thinks of me . i just no u guys are all good saints . ya right.

You claim that no one knows what you've seen, yet you say the same about me? Hmmm.

Yes , you may live in Surrey, but I grew up in East Van. Are you saying that the 'mean streets of Guildford/Fleetwood, or most likely White Rock gave you a harder 'street savvy' than I got?

Seems the main difference between you and I are something that most would call ethics. I learned those on my own, and aren't letting my upbringing dictate who I am.

I'm done with this pissing battle of "my hood is tougher than your hood".

I hope to Christ you don't call yourself a hunter, cause that's one group I don't want to be looped in with you.

Call Rapp, be a rat, snitch, clown or goof to this guy.

What would matter to me is my own opinion, and that would make me sleep better.

jeff
10-16-2011, 11:09 PM
You claim that no one knows what you've seen, yet you say the same about me? Hmmm.

Yes , you may live in Surrey, but I grew up in East Van. Are you saying that the 'mean streets of Guildford/Fleetwood, or most likely White Rock gave you a harder 'street savvy' than I got?

Seems the main difference between you and I are something that most would call ethics. I learned those on my own, and aren't letting my upbringing dictate who I am.

I'm done with this pissing battle of "my hood is tougher than your hood".

I hope to Christ you don't call yourself a hunter, cause that's one group I don't want to be looped in with you.

Call Rapp, be a rat, snitch, clown or goof to this guy.

What would matter to me is my own opinion, and that would make me sleep better.

once again u dont no me so shut the hell up with yourbullshit about what kinda person i am im extremly ethical and i am a serious hunter .ive been out every weekend with my kids teaching them the RIGHT ways . dont u dare try to tell me im unethical .

fireguy
10-16-2011, 11:13 PM
PH doesn't live in Surry or East van, he lives in Peachland, it is a little different here.
Peachlandhunter, PM me if you like, we live in the same neighborhood, and probably know the same people, I'll give you a hand if you like.

The Dawg
10-16-2011, 11:15 PM
Ethics to me would mean calling the Rapp line and reporting someone that is poaching the animals that you and I and others hunt legally.

If you don't care what others think of you, why care if you are labelled a 'rat' ?

jeff
10-16-2011, 11:22 PM
be
Ethics to me would mean calling the Rapp line and reporting someone that is poaching the animals that you and I and others hunt legally.

If you don't care what others think of you, why care if you are labelled a 'rat' ?

because if your labeled a rat around here ,anything could happen . im married with 3 kids . and if your from east van u should no what happens when u got that label on your back. and like i said earlier ive seen whats happened when u squiell on the wrong people. thingsthat wouldnt be apropriate to say on here

gibblewabble
10-16-2011, 11:29 PM
and a rat is a rat

Poachers are poachers and deserve nothing else but being reported to RAPP.

The Dawg
10-16-2011, 11:30 PM
Oh I know what can happen if you are labelled with that title- Ive seen it first hand.
But somehow I doubt that a guy or girl shooting too many animals or whatever it may be is going to come back and hunt you down.

An anonymous phone call to a hotline would not get you labelled a rat- it would mean that this guy or girl is dealt with properly, and you and I as hunters are not labeled improperly by the antis.

We are on the same team- Us as hunters need to stand up against poachers and ensure that we don't end up losing this beautiful resource due to the actions of others that don't follow the same values .

jjpaulis
10-16-2011, 11:31 PM
If someone is dumb enough to break the law they should be turned in. And if it is a friend or family member they should have never put you in the position to make you question your ethics do the right thing

jeff
10-16-2011, 11:36 PM
Oh I know what can happen if you are labelled with that title- Ive seen it first hand.
But somehow I doubt that a guy or girl shooting too many animals or whatever it may be is going to come back and hunt you down.

An anonymous phone call to a hotline would not get you labelled a rat- it would mean that this guy or girl is dealt with properly, and you and I as hunters are not labeled improperly by the antis.

We are on the same team- Us as hunters need to stand up against poachers and ensure that we don't end up losing this beautiful resource due to the actions of others that don't follow the same values .
ill agree with almost everything u said except the part thats annonamous those lines and calls arent as annonamous as everyonev thinks . trust me .,there laywers can get the callers info

The Dawg
10-16-2011, 11:40 PM
It's completely anonymous. If you use a payphone.

jeff
10-16-2011, 11:43 PM
true ,anyways ,gotta get up at 5 for work . so its been a splice. see ya

BillBraskii
10-16-2011, 11:45 PM
HAHAHAHAHA......
Jeff is a typical biker wannabe tuff guy!!
Look at the thread with his daughters first deer hes wearing a support shirt and running shoes......A true surrey road hunter at his finest!!!
Guys who roll around in support gear are wannabes!!
oooooohhhhhh bikers scary lol

BillBraskii
10-16-2011, 11:46 PM
true ,anyways ,gotta get up at 5 for work . so its been a splice. see ya

I think you were trying to say 'it's been a slice'

scottwh
10-17-2011, 12:02 AM
If im not there in 10 minutes, start without me!

rem338win
10-17-2011, 12:10 AM
Wow. What a chump, living the thug life in Surrey. Damn, watch it boys, he'll get on his Vespa and ride. Take care of all you rat bastids. Posting your address on the 'net where you're wife and kids live, now all the boys know where to get a quick gat when they need one. Your funny man, take a pill.

aliagha
10-17-2011, 12:19 AM
Hey hey hey! man whats wrong with living in Surrey?? I love this place!! a few years from now Most engineers and doctors will be coming out of Surrey! :)

Ali

BillBraskii
10-17-2011, 12:32 AM
Here is a link to another classic jeff inspired thread entitled "hippocrits" which is slightly misleading being that there are no hippos involved......
It only takes him a few posts to offer up his address in case anyone wants to come over for an ass kicking hahahaha

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?69841-hippocrits

rem338win
10-17-2011, 01:33 AM
Nothing. Just dont look at what your neighbors are doing. They'll shoot you. :rolleyes:

kishman
10-17-2011, 03:54 AM
Being thought of as a rat by a poaching idiot wouldn't bother me a bit..........do the right thing.

The Dude
10-17-2011, 05:38 AM
Here is my take: never take ethical advise from Jeff. Sounds like dumb#$$ criminal or union mentallity, and I have been around both to see the results, and it is never good.

WTF guy, seriously, WTF?
You sound like Jeff. "rats and poachers are the same", to paraphrase.
So criminals and Union Members have the same mentality?
Sounds like you and Jeff crawled out of the same shallow gene puddle.
Lotta Union folks here Noob, so take it easy on the working man.
"Working Man" I'm gonna play some RUSH........
Be cool ya'll,
The Dude Abides.

steel_ram
10-17-2011, 06:53 AM

Yeah, union people are the only ones that "work" for a living. Talk about shallow. Some of the stuff that unions get away with is criminal, but that's another non debate.

pnbrock
10-17-2011, 07:08 AM
call rapp they are stealing from all of us!!

Big Lew
10-17-2011, 07:48 AM
To those that think having a chat with the offender would likely put a stop to their behaviour......if you really believe you can convince them to abide by the rules, go for it, but I personally think it's unlikely. They would have to be very ignorant and/or not have gone through any CORE program to not be aware they were breaking the rules, so have little regard for what others think as they selfishly go about their poaching. To the OP, it's obvious the poacher's actions are bothering you, and deep within yourself you know what the right thing is to do, just do it, especially if there are children watching the situation.....do you teach them right from wrong, or do you teach them it's alright to look the other way, or to break the law if it suits them.

LYKTOHUNT
10-17-2011, 08:06 AM
Well now, that was kinda fun

fearnodeer
10-17-2011, 08:21 AM
Well this was fun to read first thing in the morning, i have no idea why this was brought up and there is only one answer to the question, sorry Jeff i do not agree with you but you made for some intresting reading.

Weatherby Fan
10-17-2011, 08:27 AM
To those that think having a chat with the offender would likely put a stop to their behaviour......if you really believe you can convince them to abide by the rules, go for it, but I personally think it's unlikely. They would have to be very ignorant and/or not have gone through any CORE program to not be aware they were breaking the rules, so have little regard for what others think as they selfishly go about their poaching. To the OP, it's obvious the poacher's actions are bothering you, and deep within yourself you know what the right thing is to do, just do it, especially if there are children watching the situation.....do you teach them right from wrong, or do you teach them it's alright to look the other way, or to break the law if it suits them.

Well Said Big Lew,
My suggestion is to report them to RAPP anonymously as we have a responsibility to our wildlife to look after them, after that you don't need any personal repercussions.

Rainsford
10-17-2011, 08:34 AM
Someone asked for our opinions and Jeff gave his honest answer however right or wrong it may be; props for being honest. I would much rather hear an honest opinion than a fake one. I don’t believe in Jeff’s opinion and firmly believe that all that break the rules should face the consequences. I always appreciated a good level headed argument and there have been some in this thread but there have also been a lot of garbage comments. For all the people calling this guy an internet tough guy you all sound just as lame as he does; you are also calling someone out over the internet which makes it sound just as lame. Im not defending Jeff’s opinion I don’t think it’s the right thing to do, that being said again props on being honest even in what im sure you knew was going to be a hostile environment.

rem338win
10-17-2011, 09:37 AM
WTF guy, seriously, WTF?
You sound like Jeff. "rats and poachers are the same", to paraphrase.
So criminals and Union Members have the same mentality?
"Working Man" I'm gonna play some RUSH........
Be cool ya'll,
The Dude Abides.

The Dude is a tool if this is how he comes outta the box. I am a working man, and I have been nothing but poorly represented but the unions I tried to work under. Problem is most discourage anything thing that resembles real work. Try to show some real ethics and put yor back into something and get called a rat or a scab. I ain't no "nube" and I am a far shot away from the character of Jeff.
If you would like to see some work, I'd be happy to show you the way around a drill floor tripping 2500m of wet pipe sometime. You'll never quit your union job and go TO work after that.
Keep "abiding" cause that sound like the pace of activity happening under daddy steward these days.
If you want to make ignorant, feel free to PM instead so you can brag about your post count in private.

Yeah, union people are the only ones that "work" for a living. Talk about shallow. Some of the stuff that unions get away with is criminal, but that's another non debate.

What he said.

stitch
10-17-2011, 10:02 AM
HAHAHAHAHA......
Jeff is a typical biker wannabe tuff guy!!
Look at the thread with his daughters first deer hes wearing a support shirt and running shoes......A true surrey road hunter at his finest!!!
Guys who roll around in support gear are wannabes!!
oooooohhhhhh bikers scary lol
Now thats funny...I liked the camo hat he had on with a human skull on it.....wow...really.

The Dude
10-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Awww, man......... just got off a gig working 14 hour days, 7 days a week, now I'm hunting and doing a little predator control, and i gotta hear this "Let's paint everyone with the same brush" crap. Same mentality as Jeff is using, exactly.
You wanna call people "tools" then have at 'er. Hope you and your cousin have a nice thread. :D
Dude's out of this thread.

Mr. Dean
10-17-2011, 11:00 AM
I have a lot invested in our BC Wildlife.

When someone goes about robbing me, I take it personal.
Looking the other way isn't an option IMO.

By the opening post, this person is a poacher: A guy that wantonly and knowingly walks to the beat of his own drum with no care of consequences that WILL be placed on others, because of direct response of his actions - It is guys like this that paint us all as being crazed murderer's of the publics wildlife, lending us less credentials in the publics eye.... It is this stereotype that's become our biggest hurdle in KEEPING our passions alive and protected, for our future.

One word; RAPP.
It is what its for and as a Hunter, you ARE a Conservationist - Put the Wildlife 1st! This dude already knows wrong from right and I'm willing to bet, it's likely just 'fun' to him.

:mad: :evil: :mad:

dino
10-17-2011, 11:03 AM
A ratt is way worse than any poacher! Jeff I know what your trying to say and the the self rightious do gooders that all live in glass houses on this site have sucked you into their game of " Im so morral and your not" BS. Did any of you read Marks thread about how he poached a Ram with another well know member on this site? they got very little flack because they are both well known members and both well liked. Jeff gave an opinion and you could'nt wait to jump all over him only because he doesnt type very well. If someone is poor and are having trouble feeding their family," poach away " I say, especially if their whitetails or free range cattle.LOL

Barracuda
10-17-2011, 11:33 AM
explain what is the differance between a witness to a crime and a RAT?

As far as i understand a rat is someone that betrays the trust and confidentiality of a group or association and is privy to acts that normally people would not witness.

Frequently they are as guilty and are useing the knowledge of a criminal act to benifit themselves.
If a poacher was busted and then gave up his partners in order to lesson charges etc against themselves then that is the only way one could say they were a RAT.

If a person goes on a hunting trip and some jackass decided to ignore the rules and tries to implicate you without your consent either diectly or indirectly then what?

are you willing to be forced to be his bitch and ignore it ?

REMINGTON JIM
10-17-2011, 11:37 AM
call the RAPP line ASAP!!!! you owe it to all hunters out there!
x2 - Report for sure !

10-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Answer to the original question .........

WHY DO YOU NEED TO ASK ?

of coarse you report em sheeeesh!

CT

dino
10-17-2011, 11:44 AM
The Dude is a tool if this is how he comes outta the box. I am a working man, and I have been nothing but poorly represented but the unions I tried to work under. Problem is most discourage anything thing that resembles real work. Try to show some real ethics and put yor back into something and get called a rat or a scab. I ain't no "nube" and I am a far shot away from the character of Jeff.
If you would like to see some work, I'd be happy to show you the way around a drill floor tripping 2500m of wet pipe sometime. You'll never quit your union job and go TO work after that.
Keep "abiding" cause that sound like the pace of activity happening under daddy steward these days.
If you want to make ignorant, feel free to PM instead so you can brag about your post count in private.

What he said.

Do you have any Idea why and how unions came about? If you dont like having any rights or benefits that unions believe all people should have, maybe you should move to a third world country.

REMINGTON JIM
10-17-2011, 11:47 AM
So Jeff - someone breaks into your house or truck and steals your gun collection among other items or when you are out hunting and a neighbour or other person sees the crime and would be able ID the crooks - your telling us you would not want them to report it ? I F**king doubt it ! You would be all over them to get your stuff back - not reporting crime is CONDONEING it in my books PERIOD ! and its not DIFFERENT then poaching either ! :evil: REM JIM

kgs
10-17-2011, 11:48 AM
I would report him immediately. No sense in talking to him about it as he won't get it until he faces the consequences of his actions. I live by if you can not hunt with in the rules and regs then you should not be hunting. I personally will not hunt with people who break the rules do drugs or drink while hunting period.

Wow after reading some of the posts I am shocked at how many people are confused on the word RAT. Rat is a slang term created by criminals to target anyone who turned them to the cops and is also used in the prison system by those very criminals. Society or a least the younger generation now use this word in main stream language. It is unfortunate that certain people fear this word and even though most of the younger generation who use this word are not bad people it always amazes me how far they will go to protect themselves and so called friends from being called a RAT. People have been brainwashed to think they have no power over their own decision making from what is right and what is wrong. I say stand up be your own man do what is right, as a man who won't stand up for something he believes in is not fit to live and isn't a man but some ones Bitch.

dino
10-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Jeff is on a time out right now from the mods. I have met jeff while out hunting with some buds and can assure you he is no punk, he just doesnt have spell check and has a hard time articulating what he means with some of his posts. I think weve all been guilty of that except for me im perfect.Can u see the irony?

604redneck
10-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Pretty awesome that he got a ban for speaking his mind. Communist site I guess. Not that I agree with Jeff, but I will defend to the death his right to say it. He is a human being and we all have our own opinion.

Glenny
10-17-2011, 12:32 PM
He voiced his opinion as did everyone else. But calling people c-suckers and challenging people to fights is unacceptable. You know he might be an ok guy but shouldn't be blowing his top on here.

604redneck
10-17-2011, 12:47 PM
It's still freedom of speech and who is to say what names can't be used in what way. Like I said I don't agree. If people want to call him an Internet tough guy. U should take it up with him he's given his adress up before. Besides didn't u ever learn sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me? Don't be offended by somebody calling u names. Now my opinion on the original goes as follows......1) ask urself if you would throw a family member or friend in jail. Assuming this is. Close friend. 2) Are you man enough to go to court and face this person?.....3) Do you enjoy the awesome hunting we have in this province? Because poachers dwindle animal populations and some species are very sensitive

Hunter49
10-17-2011, 01:02 PM
It's a no brainer...report them

Barracuda
10-17-2011, 01:05 PM
would a real friend put you in that position ?

people like that tend to surround themselves with enablers be them loyalists, other poachers or worst of all newbies that very often feel uncomfortable saying anything because they are new.

they tend to hide behind a veil of friendship & false brotherhood and passive aggressivly manipulate others to go along with it thus continuing the cycle.

im not talking about a mistake or a momentary error in judgment im talking about a habitual offender .(even though when caught will always say its thier first time)

rem338win
10-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Awww, man......... just got off a gig working 14 hour days, 7 days a week, now I'm hunting and doing a little predator control, and i gotta hear this "Let's paint everyone with the same brush" crap. Same mentality as Jeff is using, exactly.
You wanna call people "tools" then have at 'er. Hope you and your cousin have a nice thread. :D
Dude's out of this thread.

I can't believe I am responding to a guy that types in the third person but for the sake of the intent of my original comment I was describing what was wrong with the mentality of the terms rat and scab and a great way to do it is describe where it comes from. Unfortunately the state of most unions today are very similar to a mobster mentality. Take it personal if you want Dude. I don't care. And frankly 7/14's doesn't impress me much.

Do you have any Idea why and how unions came about? If you dont like having any rights or benefits that unions believe all people should have, maybe you should move to a third world country.
In fact I very much do. My great grandfather was on the docks and in the plants enforcing for the unions when they began their push in the 20's. He was a great man and was part of the union growth in Detriot as well.
Before he died he told me that he despised what the unions have become and they are not what they intended to be. He called them mobs. But do enlighten me Dino.

The Dawg
10-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Pretty awesome that he got a ban for speaking his mind. Communist site I guess. Not that I agree with Jeff, but I will defend to the death his right to say it. He is a human being and we all have our own opinion.

Jeff and I were having a rather heated debate last night.
Him speaking his mind is what not got him banned, however it was his posting of his address and openly challenging people on here to fight him was the issue.

I have no problem with him being able to say his opinion and that's why I enjoyed our conversation. As heated as it may have been. I just don't agree with his stance.

1/2 slam
10-17-2011, 01:26 PM
Jeff and I were having a rather heated debate last night.
Him speaking his mind is what not got him banned, however it was his posting of his address and openly challenging people on here to fight him was the issue.

I have no problem with him being able to say his opinion and that's why I enjoyed our conversation. As heated as it may have been. I just don't agree with his stance.

99% of the people here probably don't either.

BlacktailStalker
10-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Call the co without hesitation! No question there, the person you turn in will not know who turned them in, do all of us hunters a favor and stop this hunter!

Thats not true I phoned in some dickhead who was dumping a truck load of garbage a couple hundred yards from my place and I had to give my name as well as a phone number.

shadow1982
10-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Jeff should not have degraded surrey the way he did, not everyone that lives in surrey is a criminal, I live in surrey... to me it’s the best place on earth… Jokes are different… I love them too
Here is a little story from this hunting season,
We went hunting Sep 10 2011, where one of the guy brought his friend along, he was asking everyone if he can go get a white tail doe, we were in region 8 and he said does will be opening in 15 days anyways. I told him that’s still pouching, and I don’t agree with it and if he kills one, I will “RAT” him out in a sec. Our camp went silent, it was just me and him going back and forth. He tried convincing me and I told him, its cheaper to buy a meat in the store, and this is not India follow the damn laws, they are there for a reason.
On our morning hunt before we left camp, everyone told me they did not agree with him, but did not know what to say... the guy that brought him apologized and said he just talks tough when he drunk. I told everyone if you guys are inviting that guy, I will not be joining them again.
If he was a family member, I will STOP them from doing it… I don’t care if they never talk to me or take me hunting again. If its wrong its wrong.
This is how I would deal with it.

rem338win
10-17-2011, 02:08 PM
The whole thing really is simple. He is being a jackass putting his friends in this position. A friend would give him a piece of their mind and if he is a descent guy, he'll apologize and cut it out.
If he attacks you for confronting him, he's a piece of work, and the next time he does it turn him in. Sometimes people make mistakes and they need a hard lesson for their own good. If you believe otherwise, I have no problem saying your shallow. It's my opinion and I didn't have to pick a fight, post my address or use sexual slander or crude names.
Heated discussions are good even with guys named dude and dino ;)

Weatherby Fan
10-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Hey guys,

just wondering what you guys would do if you knew somebody who was shooting over there bag limit, and shooting illegal animals.

I was curious about calling the R.A.P.P. line so I gave it a call and you can report anonymously 24/7 ,you don't have to give your name,number nothing just the info u want and hang up.

Gateholio
10-17-2011, 03:38 PM
All it takes for criminals to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

1/2 slam
10-17-2011, 03:44 PM

Very well put

dino
10-17-2011, 04:00 PM

was that from clint eastwood or robert redford? I know I saw a movie with that quote.

PointMan
10-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Edmund Burke

Gateholio
10-17-2011, 04:18 PM
was that from clint eastwood or robert redford? I know I saw a movie with that quote.

Edmund Burke. He died about 300 years ago. Before Clints time.

Big Lew
10-17-2011, 04:31 PM
I was curious about calling the R.A.P.P. line so I gave it a call and you can report anonymously 24/7 ,you don't have to give your name,number nothing just the info u want and hang up.

You beat me to it....that's what I was told as well.

PeachlandHunter
10-17-2011, 05:07 PM
thank you for the info but i think i will be safe and use a payphone lol

dutchie
10-17-2011, 06:13 PM
I was in this situation a few years back.

I was hunting with some friends and one of their family members was poaching.

I called the CO's and i had their licence plate and everything. I reported it and they thanked me because they were looking for him because of other poaching inccodents that he was a factor in.

Best thing for you is to call then and tell them you want to remain unidentified.

This person is a good friend of mine still and he has no clue that it was me that reported his dad.

Dutchie

Peter Pepper
10-17-2011, 09:26 PM
I was in this situation a few years back.

I was hunting with some friends and one of their family members was poaching.

I called the CO's and i had their licence plate and everything. I reported it and they thanked me because they were looking for him because of other poaching inccodents that he was a factor in.

Best thing for you is to call then and tell them you want to remain unidentified.

This person is a good friend of mine still and he has no clue that it was me that reported his dad.

Dutchie

That may be, but if i was in your shoes, i wouldn't go for any hunts deep in the woods with just him....

cmpercy
10-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Hey guys,

Hello everyone, my names Chris and I am a hunter. (AA spoof for those who didn't get it)

I just read this post and found it to be quite interesting that no one really asked why is he shooting over his bag limit. I understand the ethics of hunting and believe in following the rules. If I knew of someone who was shooting animals solely for fun and leaving the carcasses behind, by all means say something. But what if this person has just lost their job and is struggling to feed their family. Would u report them then? Where do ethics come into play? My ethics believe its more important that this person feeds their family, rather then follow the rules of hunting.

Barracuda
10-18-2011, 09:04 PM
cost more to hunt then it does to purchase a pig or buy meat.

LukaTisus
10-18-2011, 10:12 PM
I wonder if the people barking about someone reporting a poacher as being a 'rat', are poachers, themselves? Y'all need to settle the eff down.

I'd report them, especially blatantly doing it in front of the OP like he is. There's poachers around my area that I would LOVE to catch red-handed, with solid proof against them.. but somehow the slimy little eels keep slipping right under the CO's nose.

In time.

Spy
10-18-2011, 11:16 PM
WOW??????What a Shit show!:confused:I can't believe reporting a poacher/doing the right & ethical thing would offend & upset members????:confused::confused:If everybody hunted ethically & followed the rules & regulations,nobody would have to phone RAPP!!!

Looking_4_Jerky
10-19-2011, 12:11 AM
This post is a sh*tshow from start to finish with all the side-trips dudes are on!

Although I don't think it's always as easy to report a friend as some would make it seem, I certainly would say RAPP is the logical thing to do almost all the time. As for trying to convince them they are in the wrong - it's not gonna happen. If they are dumb enough by adulthood to look past the error in their "hunting" ways, you are not going to change them.

As for the whole "rat" issue, I hope that if I ever become a criminal I am surrounded by people who refuse to stand up for their rights and freedoms so that I might be able to commit crimes unchallenged.

moose2
10-19-2011, 01:08 AM
I would like to say I would do the right thing and report a poacher , but due to how the law seems to work I am not sure if it is worth it.

This is a true story and part of the reasons for the above statement. Over 25 years ago my girlfriend and I were road hunting on a rainy weekend day. We were slowly traveling down a over grown alder road in region 5 when we spotted a mule deer at the corner. We looked at with binos and saw it was a small doe or fawn, but even though doe season was open being Nov we thought we would see if a buck appeared.

All of a sudden this deer drops and we hear a shot. Unknown to us there were hunters watching the same deer , but due to the corner we couldn't see each other. Then a guy with a rifle walks up to this small deer he lifts it with one hand and tosses it in the ditch. Then he turned and walked away. A minute later a truck appears and due to the narrow road as he went by are mirrors almost touched. He stopped with his window down so I asked him if he planned on taking the doe he just shot. He responded with "what doe" I said "you know what I mean" he said to "f*** off" and he drove away.

We took his licence plate number and had a detailed discription of his truck. We reported this to the C/O when we got back and they said due to the lack of staff we should contact the local RCMP , which we did. We told them the full story and offered to show the location of the deer as well. They said the deer will be eaten by something so not to worry about its location and they would take care of the rest and contact us with the results. A week later one of the RCMP members contacted me and said they had found this hunter and said he was not local and that he was on a hunting holiday in the location I had mentioned.

When confronted by police he said he would never do such a horrible thing. He told them he had a run in with a young couple in a blue chev pu ( mine ) over the rights to hunt crown land and told him we made up the story to set him up. The cop mentioned the dead deer still being there , and the poacher said they probably placed one there to back up the story.

I asked the cop what was being done. He said case closed without a confession or being directly caught in the act by them this is just a case of he said \ she said. With not enough evidence to continue an investigation. So we stuck our necks out to do whats right and all that resulted from it is a poacher getting a good look at me and my girl friend and knowing we turned them in. Nothing ever happened over this , but it could have.

So looking back this leaves me wondering if doing what should be right is worth it. Now I am older and have a family and relize how hard it is to prove these kind of acts I am not sure if I would ever turn anyone again for this type of crime. Its sad but I don't think a deer would be worth the possible hassles it could cause. This is just my opinion and it may seem wrong , but seeing how the other option turned out for us has made me a little bitter about this subject I guess.
Mike

Mr. Dean
10-19-2011, 01:40 AM
I would like to say I would do the right thing and report a poacher , but due to how the law seems to work I am not sure if it is worth it.

Truth could very well be that you doing what you did, either put him on the right path or lead to a conviction in another instance.

Fodder for thought...

knockturnal
10-19-2011, 07:47 AM
So, did you call Or not?

Big Lew
10-19-2011, 07:59 AM
"moose2", I can understand your frustration with "the system" seemingly bias toward the 'offender/s'....there's a high percentage of society sharing these same feelings, especially toward 'soft' Judges and lawyers looking for loopholes in order to allow offenders to escape justice, but we, as society, shouldn't give up, or 'throw in the towel' because of individual situations. As an example, my Wife, Kids' and I stumbled upon 2 poachers that were killing deer, including does and fawns, during a summer several years ago. We were able to supply a description of them and their vehicle along with a license plate number. The local CO wasn't able to attend, so he asked the RCMP to handle the case. When they attended the scene, they found the hides and guts of dozens of animals. Their investigation led them to a poaching ring that was selling the meat to local restaurants in Surrey and Richmond. Several were charged and prosecuted, although I don't know, or can't remember the details of their sentencing as it was at least 28 years ago. This was above the falls in Lost Creek on the east side of Slave Lake, and the area has never recovered from losing it's deer breeding stock.

dino
10-19-2011, 08:04 AM
Hello everyone, my names Chris and I am a hunter. (AA spoof for those who didn't get it)

I just read this post and found it to be quite interesting that no one really asked why is he shooting over his bag limit. I understand the ethics of hunting and believe in following the rules. If I knew of someone who was shooting animals solely for fun and leaving the carcasses behind, by all means say something. But what if this person has just lost their job and is struggling to feed their family. Would u report them then? Where do ethics come into play? My ethics believe its more important that this person feeds their family, rather then follow the rules of hunting.

I did on the top of page 9.Chris you have to understand that everyone on here is a Saint and would never break any laws.LOL You will see soon enough, Welcome to the site.

argyle1
10-19-2011, 08:09 AM
and a poacher is a poacher---if you don't want to be a rat, you may be duty bound to disable the poacher yourself---not advocating working outside the law, just sayin'

Weatherby Fan
10-19-2011, 08:12 AM
I did on the top of page 9.Chris you have to understand that everyone on here is a Saint and would never break any laws.LOL You will see soon enough, Welcome to the site.

Well I'm glad you recognize me for my finer qualities "THE SAINT HUNTER" but you haven't seen me drive yet !

dino
10-19-2011, 08:49 AM
We have the same poachers every year camp near our cabin. They have kids with them and say the kids are shooting the animals. They also carry a rifle while they are bow hunting, we have looked over the hides of these deer and turned them over to the CO. Arrows dont make the holes that we found. I dont want to post what race they are for fear of being banned but the CO's can do nothing and they are reported every year.

Mr. Dean
10-19-2011, 10:24 AM
We have the same poachers every year camp near our cabin. They have kids with them and say the kids are shooting the animals. They also carry a rifle while they are bow hunting, we have looked over the hides of these deer and turned them over to the CO. Arrows dont make the holes that we found. I dont want to post what race they are for fear of being banned but the CO's can do nothing and they are reported every year.

So you ratted them out and tried to take food from their families mouth.
"Race" has nothing to do with it; You did ehat you thought to be the right thing and that's all that can be expected/asked of you..... What happens after the fact, is up to authorities.

If families are wanting cheap feed, hunting isn't the answer.... An auctioned off beef, goat, pig,,,,, is!

dino
10-19-2011, 12:40 PM
So you ratted them out and tried to take food from their families mouth.
"Race" has nothing to do with it; You did ehat you thought to be the right thing and that's all that can be expected/asked of you..... What happens after the fact, is up to authorities.

If families are wanting cheap feed, hunting isn't the answer.... An auctioned off beef, goat, pig,,,,, is!

Twisting information into whatever you want seems to be the norm on this site. We turned the hides over, no plates, names or race was mentioned. it was more of a complaint. Im just tired of cleaning up their mess. Others from the community turn them in every year.To no avail. As far as the ratt thing goes , we all seem to have our own theroy on what a ratt is. You have yours and I have mine. Turning some hides over may seem to be "ratting out" to you but its a far cry from my version of a ratt.
Nice try on the thread derailment.

shadow1982
10-19-2011, 01:30 PM

Do you pouch? when was the last time you broke a law (a major law lol) ? if not i guess you are a saint too just like the rest of us.

Mr. Dean
10-19-2011, 01:52 PM
Twisting information into whatever you want seems to be the norm on this site. We turned the hides over, no plates, names or race was mentioned. it was more of a complaint. Im just tired of cleaning up their mess. Others from the community turn them in every year.To no avail. As far as the ratt thing goes , we all seem to have our own theroy on what a ratt is. You have yours and I have mine. Turning some hides over may seem to be "ratting out" to you but its a far cry from my version of a ratt.
Nice try on the thread derailment.

You missed my point. 60% of that post was facetious.

You can go on about handing in hides if that's what desires you.
I in the meantime, will try my damnedest to nail wanton poachers to the wall.

IMO as a user, we need to be on the watchout for abusers and to hold them acountable. For if we don't, it may as well be a 'free-for-all' for everyone.... The slope is slippery and wildlife populations couldn't support it.

For clarity to your comments: You complain about a 'group' that I'm guessing, are entitled to "perks" under the system and thus feel entitled to the same (?). Is that about right?

bcmulie
10-19-2011, 02:05 PM
I've been watching this thread for a couple of days now, and have been resisting the urge to post my views. At the end of the day, though, I can't ignore this one.

First, to the OP: You should absolutely call the RAPP line. As a hunter and citizen in my view you have a responsibility to report others that are breaking the law and stealing from honest citizens. I have personally phoned someone in to a CO. While out hunting I found the remains of a buck that a hunter had taken. The cape and hind quarters were removed, but the hunter hadn't bothered to skin out and remove the backstraps, tenderloins, shoulders and neck. The hunter had also failed to leave proof of sex on the quarters he'd taken. I took pictures and provided those and a report to the CO responsible for the area. A few months later I was talking to an acquaintance whom I knew hunted the area. I asked him if he'd hunted there during the past season. He told me that he hadn't but that a close friend had taken a nice buck there. He described when and where the buck was killed and it was obvious to me that this was the same buck I'd found. I thought about it for a few days and then called my acquaintance back, told him about the buck I'd found, that I'd reported it to the CO, and that I was now going to give his friend's name to the CO. Later that day his friend called me and we discussed the incident. Bottom line, I convinced him to call the CO and turn himself in. He was given a voluntary fine, and hopefully learned a valuable lesson about obeying the law and about respecting game animals enough to make use of all the edible portions. While this was a pretty stressful experience for me, I'm glad I did what I did, and would do the same thing again.

As for the "rat" comments, calling the authorities to report a crime does not make you a rat, it makes you a good citizen. As Gatehouse said, "All it takes for criminals to prevail is for good men to do nothing." I'm appalled that hunters would label other hunters as "rats" just because they reported a crime. If someone is stealing from me (which is exactly what poachers are doing) I'm not going to take it lying down. I'm going to stand up for my rights - legally, by reporting the crime to the authorities. There is no place for being a vigilante or taking the law into your own hands, as some have suggested they would do.

Finally, as for Jeff being banned I don't see that as limiting freedom of speech. If anything, Jeff's threats and other comments on this site had that effect. This is a private, very well-run website with clear rules of conduct that posters are expected to follow. Jeff violated those rules repeatedly, including the following:

3. Belittling or Racist comments of any kind on HuntingBC.ca will not be tolerated.

4. Keep it Civil means Keep it Civil!

5. If you’ve got a bone to pick with another member use the email or PM system not the forums! Keep the PM’s in the PM’s do not post someone’s PM in the forums.

6. There is to be no frowning upon a member for the method of hunting used, or the sex, age of the animal. If it's legal then it's legal no if, and, or, but!

7. There is to be no swearing, foul language or profanities on the website.

12. If a member can't follow these basic guidelines and play nice with others he will get a 2 week time out for a first offence and BANNED from the website for ever for a second confrontation.

13. At anytime, if a member has done something that is deemed to give HuntingBC.ca, or hunters in general a bad name, he/she could be banned indefinitely.

16. No Illegal activities to be discussed in the forums. For example, anything to do with illegal drugs, firearms alterations, illegal methods of taking game, poaching , filling others tags. ( Anything that may incriminate members or make the site look bad in the eyes of the public.)

18. No Harassement

Harassment is any improper conduct by an individual that is directed at and offensive to another person or persons in which the individual knew or ought reasonably to have known would cause offence or harm. It comprises any objectionable act, comment or display that demeans, belittles or causes personal humiliation or embarrassment, or any act of intimidation or threat.

bcmulie

dino
10-19-2011, 03:34 PM
I've been watching this thread for a couple of days now, and have been resisting the urge to post my views. At the end of the day, though, I can't ignore this one.

First, to the OP: You should absolutely call the RAPP line. As a hunter and citizen in my view you have a responsibility to report others that are breaking the law and stealing from honest citizens. I have personally phoned someone in to a CO. While out hunting I found the remains of a buck that a hunter had taken. The cape and hind quarters were removed, but the hunter hadn't bothered to skin out and remove the backstraps, tenderloins, shoulders and neck. The hunter had also failed to leave proof of sex on the quarters he'd taken. I took pictures and provided those and a report to the CO responsible for the area. A few months later I was talking to an acquaintance whom I knew hunted the area. I asked him if he'd hunted there during the past season. He told me that he hadn't but that a close friend had taken a nice buck there. He described when and where the buck was killed and it was obvious to me that this was the same buck I'd found. I thought about it for a few days and then called my acquaintance back, told him about the buck I'd found, that I'd reported it to the CO, and that I was now going to give his friend's name to the CO. Later that day his friend called me and we discussed the incident. Bottom line, I convinced him to call the CO and turn himself in. He was given a voluntary fine, and hopefully learned a valuable lesson about obeying the law and about respecting game animals enough to make use of all the edible portions. While this was a pretty stressful experience for me, I'm glad I did what I did, and would do the same thing again.

As for the "rat" comments, calling the authorities to report a crime does not make you a rat, it makes you a good citizen. As Gatehouse said, "All it takes for criminals to prevail is for good men to do nothing." I'm appalled that hunters would label other hunters as "rats" just because they reported a crime. If someone is stealing from me (which is exactly what poachers are doing) I'm not going to take it lying down. I'm going to stand up for my rights - legally, by reporting the crime to the authorities. There is no place for being a vigilante or taking the law into your own hands, as some have suggested they would do.

Finally, as for Jeff being banned I don't see that as limiting freedom of speech. If anything, Jeff's threats and other comments on this site had that effect. This is a private, very well-run website with clear rules of conduct that posters are expected to follow. Jeff violated those rules repeatedly, including the following:

3. Belittling or Racist comments of any kind on HuntingBC.ca will not be tolerated.

4. Keep it Civil means Keep it Civil!

5. If you’ve got a bone to pick with another member use the email or PM system not the forums! Keep the PM’s in the PM’s do not post someone’s PM in the forums.

6. There is to be no frowning upon a member for the method of hunting used, or the sex, age of the animal. If it's legal then it's legal no if, and, or, but!

7. There is to be no swearing, foul language or profanities on the website.

12. If a member can't follow these basic guidelines and play nice with others he will get a 2 week time out for a first offence and BANNED from the website for ever for a second confrontation.

13. At anytime, if a member has done something that is deemed to give HuntingBC.ca, or hunters in general a bad name, he/she could be banned indefinitely.

16. No Illegal activities to be discussed in the forums. For example, anything to do with illegal drugs, firearms alterations, illegal methods of taking game, poaching , filling others tags. ( Anything that may incriminate members or make the site look bad in the eyes of the public.)

18. No Harassement

Harassment is any improper conduct by an individual that is directed at and offensive to another person or persons in which the individual knew or ought reasonably to have known would cause offence or harm. It comprises any objectionable act, comment or display that demeans, belittles or causes personal humiliation or embarrassment, or any act of intimidation or threat.

bcmulie

Yawn.........................................By the way Im not a racist "I own a color tv"

Mr. Dean
10-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Yawn.........................................By the way Im not a racist "I own a color tv"

You don't agree with the forum rules?

dino
10-19-2011, 04:19 PM
You don't agree with the forum rules?

Is that where were going with this now. Your going to have to use some better bait. Nice try...................... again.

Mr. Dean
10-19-2011, 05:03 PM
dino;

Your posts make no sense to me.
Man up, quit playing games, and answer direct questions.

I've asked 2 so far....

dino
10-19-2011, 05:40 PM
dino;

Your posts make no sense to me.
Man up, quit playing games, and answer direct questions.

I've asked 2 so far....

I really dont know what your asking in the first question. The answer to your second question is that I dont believe in the hypocrisy of the rules. Am I banned now? LOL. What do the forum rules have to do with the original thread. I know where your trying to go with this and I think your the one playing the games.

peashooter
10-19-2011, 05:45 PM
This thread sucks.

dino
10-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Do you pouch? when was the last time you broke a law (a major law lol) ? if not i guess you are a saint too just like the rest of us.

Im pretty sure we all break the law every day, I just dont know what laws Im breaking. I pretty much stick to not breaking laws that I decide I shouldnt break.

knockturnal
10-20-2011, 06:58 AM
I sped to work this morning with no seatbelt, drinking coffee while catching up on emails on my phone.

stitch
10-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Looks like everyone on this thread is going to heaven except you Dino........and me because I agree with some of your earlier comments around previous posts on other threads . People need to remember that when you are pointing the finger at someone there are normally 3 pointing back and I'm not talking about pointing someone out as a poacher or a rat. I'm talking about how this has gone sidways because someone decided to post their view and when others don't agree everyone starts to turn their view on that person. Can we all take a look back and say that we have never done anything outside of the law or something that other would frown upon. If yes is your answer then great....but I don't think that makes you better then me or any others.

Mr. Dean
10-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Here's your post:

I'm trying to figure out the relevancy of it (the post)... No games. No flying saucers. No Zombies, or what have ya.

Allthough you say in the post that the activities are "reported every year", you later clam that they're not, and that the calling in is only a "complaint":
Twisting information into whatever you want seems to be the norm on this site. We turned the hides over, no plates, names or race was mentioned. it was more of a complaint

I'm not twisting,,, just trying to understand what you're getting at - If the post has nothing to do with turning in poachers, why is it here?

Which begged asking this because it was a 'grey' point of the post.

For clarity to your comments: You complain about a 'group' that I'm guessing, are entitled to "perks" under the system and thus feel entitled to the same (?). Is that about right?

Again, why is it even there. You now claim it's because you're tired of cleaning up their garbage.

I don't get it... Why would you collect hides and drop them off at the CO's if your complaing about a mess left behind by another hunting party?

You say it doesn't have anything to do with race, regulations, poaching or what kind of holes were in the hides and that these details weren't passed on to the CO.

If it were me and I didn't care about the activities going on, I'd leave the hides for fertilizer, saving me the time and expense of making a delivery, and using them resources for hunting down my dream buck.

I can only imagine the CO's face when you came in w/ a wheelbarrow of hides and said that you're tired of cleaning up after these same hunters every year, and not giving him/her any delails to work on. :confused:

Would it make a difference if they snuffed the booner you were working on since early summer, while you were glassing it 6 days into the season, knowing that they we're poching a deer a day to feed their families?

Or would you still be complaining of the mess they leave behind?

mrak
10-20-2011, 10:34 AM
i have seen a lot of bad stuff and if i am not getting paid to look i stay on my own path i have to many things to do . As far as reportting to the C.O. this will cost you time and money in the end

Mr. Dean
10-20-2011, 10:35 AM
but I don't think that makes you better then me or any others.

It's not about a pissing contest of whom is a better person.

It's about what is best for our Wildlife.
It's about Conservation.

Mr. Dean
10-20-2011, 10:42 AM
i have seen a lot of bad stuff and if i am not getting paid to look i stay on my own path i have to many things to do . As far as reportting to the C.O. this will cost you time and money in the end

While I disagree with your view I can GREATLY appreciate your being strait up and honest - Thanks for commenting.

I'll just say this; You are getting paid with the luxury of being permitted to hunt..... Please think about it. :smile:

Bigbear
10-20-2011, 10:49 AM
All I can say Is what a Bunch of Dumb asses. All this Reterick has nothing to do with the original post. If its a Buddy or friend, Confront them about the infractions, and the ramifications. to wild Life and possible offenses. If he tells you to Piss off and Mind your own Business, Then fine. he is Not that much of a friend and not worth having. Then do the right thing, and report it. If he listens and changes his way then he is a friend worth having. Just My opinion.

stitch
10-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Here's your post:

I'm trying to figure out the relevancy of it (the post)... No games. No flying saucers. No Zombies, or what have ya.

Allthough you say in the post that the activities are "reported every year", you later clam that they're not, and that the calling in is only a "complaint":

I'm not twisting,,, just trying to understand what you're getting at - If the post has nothing to do with turning in poachers, why is it here?

Which begged asking this because it was a 'grey' point of the post.

Again, why is it even there. You now claim it's because you're tired of cleaning up their garbage.

I don't get it... Why would you collect hides and drop them off at the CO's if your complaing about a mess left behind by another hunting party?

You say it doesn't have anything to do with race, regulations, poaching or what kind of holes were in the hides and that these details weren't passed on to the CO.

If it were me and I didn't care about the activities going on, I'd leave the hides for fertilizer, saving me the time and expense of making a delivery, and using them resources for hunting down my dream buck.

I can only imagine the CO's face when you came in w/ a wheelbarrow of hides and said that you're tired of cleaning up after these same hunters every year, and not giving him/her any delails to work on. :confused:

Would it make a difference if they snuffed the booner you were working on since early summer, while you were glassing it 6 days into the season, knowing that they we're poching a deer a day to feed their families?

Or would you still be complaining of the mess they leave behind?

I think the reason the hides are taken into the co's is because they party in the next camp are carrying centerfire rifles in bow season thus leaving a prettry big hole in the hides that would not be the norm if arrows were used. I could be wrong but thats how I read it. It's not about the mess of the hides being left in camp

Barracuda
10-20-2011, 11:48 AM
I sped to work this morning with no seatbelt, drinking coffee while catching up on emails on my phone.

thats nuthin . I tore the "Do Not Remove Under Penalty of Law" tag off my mattress today:-D

knockturnal
10-20-2011, 01:18 PM
thats nuthin . I tore the "do not remove under penalty of law" tag off my mattress today:-d

you did not?!?!

Darksith
10-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Kinda new here, but been around the block. Here is my take: never take ethical advise from Jeff. Sounds like dumb#$$ criminal or union mentallity, and I have been around both to see the results, and it is never good.
This is the stupidest comment Ive heard in a long time. Unions don't prevent people from working, lazy people prevent themselves from working. I am a union employee and b/c of it I am one of the top paid people in my trade in all of kamloops, and I work hard for my $ and benifits, and I don't tolerate lazy people on my crew. We get paid well so we must work hard, if you don't then you can go work for the crap wage with no benifits that every other tradesman makes in kamloops.

To those that think having a chat with the offender would likely put a stop to their behaviour......if you really believe you can convince them to abide by the rules, go for it, but I personally think it's unlikely.
It might be unlikely, but at least you can say you tried to steer them in the right direction. Im not saying it always works, but I have a friend that was known to shoot an animal when it wasn't open. I consider him a very close friend, and he was my only hunting partner simply b/c I don't know anyone else around who hunts as much as we do. Anyway long story short, my goal was to be the guiding light in his life, and it worked. Hes not completely changed, and still manages to get into trouble from time to time, but not with the CO anymore. I always told him we take my truck, and no animal goes in my truck without a cut tag. He hasnt poached an animal in a couple years now, and Im proud of him for sticking to it. A talk alone might not work, but a guiding voice/actions can. Don't give up without trying first, and someone early on in this thread said talk with him and then make a decision, his response/actions will lead you to the right decision whether to call RAPP or not...that was the best post in this entire thread.

Sounds like an excuse to me, unions don't prevent work, workers prevent work. A hard worker doesn't make a fellow union member look bad, a lazy worker makes themself look bad. Weak mind or weak will, either way unions are a great thing, lazy workers are not. The one bad thing about unions is they protect poor workers. Only 1 way to change it, and it all starts with the guy in the mirror. What r u gonna do when your 50...keep trippin pipe for 3 weeks straight, working your bag off maknig someone else rich? What kind of benifits do you get, big pension I hope, medical, dental, paid time off? I doubt it.

This thread sucks.
It went downhill fast, and yes it now sucks...someone close this thing.

buckboy007
10-20-2011, 09:45 PM
gotta do what you gotta do save some deer for the rest of us

mrak
10-20-2011, 10:53 PM
peach land really as per 4 point or better season ..like a lot of guys know who they are they have been doing this for a few years now ...as per bow season 11.30 at night biggest white tail in B.C. i should of put an arrow up its ass and it would have came out its cheast but that is not how i do it it is the hunt and knowing i could make the shoot. But yes it pisses me off

mrak
10-20-2011, 10:58 PM
these guys do not care about shoot placement as was watching them in action as i spend a lot of time there ass or stomach and find it 3 days later lucky for the snow.as these guys can find there ass because they leave the paper hanging....yes i am pissed....

cloverphil
10-20-2011, 11:07 PM
lmao, that funny shi#

Mr. Dean
10-21-2011, 12:12 AM
someone close this thing.

It's been a trip.