PDA

View Full Version : last minute elk ek

brutus
10-16-2011, 07:09 PM
thinking of going in the ek for the last few days of elk season never been there before,dont mind driving to anywhere in the ek,can anybody point me in some direction,coming from the lower mainland,town and general area would be apreciated,whatever you got try me im listening,leaving in the morning will figure it out when we get there,thanks in advance,pm if you like:confused::confused::confused::confused::confu sed:

bugler
10-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Close your eyes and drop a pebble on a map. Choose the drainage or the nearest FSR that is open to hunting with vehicles and go check it out. From many years of hunting here I can say that is as good a strategy as any. The elk are where you find em. Good luck...

LukaTisus
10-17-2011, 10:16 PM
From what I can tell, they're still up in the higher area out here in Golden, down south through the Kimberly/Cranbrook area and further, I've heard they're coming in to calls, though. I won't be able to go out for the last few days, so I've given up on an elk this year.. unless one walks in my front door to ask for directions and I can smoke him discreetly over the head with a wrench, I'm SOL :P

Scouter Bear
10-18-2011, 01:35 PM
I heard that Okanagan Mtn area had the highest concentration of Elk right now. Good luck.