PDA

View Full Version : Bull moose leh 3-19A nov1st

bali
10-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi all,
I have a bull leh starting nov 1st in MU3-19A. I am new hunter and some help with what area to concentrate,would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

MuleyMadness
10-16-2011, 04:06 PM
It's not an easy hunt, not by any means. The bulls are holed up after the rut and concentrating on resting and getting as much food into themselves as possible in order gain weight they lost during the rut and for the winter. As such you will find them in places of high food concentration, swamps, willow patches, etc. But the problem is, they aren't going to be moving as much. In 3-19a you can (and often do) see heavy snows in November, which will help as it will condense the feed areas down, concentrating the animals to some degree. Don't discount the Helmer Lake side of the road either in 3-19A....it doesn't look like there is much for country when you look at it on a map, but it holds plenty of moose, and more than a few whitetails. Try the areas above Paska Lake (one particular road, off just to the East of the South end of Paska) is a good place to start. If you can only come up for a little bit, I would wait until the Helmer Lake web cam below shows snow on it...but then I live close by, so you may not have that option. Good luck, and just try and ignore all 'ceremonial traditional' night hunting of the cow moose :)

http://images.drivebc.ca/bchighwaycam/pub/html/www/56.html

bali
10-17-2011, 05:55 PM
Thank you so much for your advice. I had no idea where to go. Will update you on the hunt.

And I will try my best to ignore the nightly rituals.lol. I'm surprised it still goes on.

guywitha270
10-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Hunt the Bose Lake area. Cut blocks and moose galore. Be aware, you could see lots all at once.

3kills
10-17-2011, 11:34 PM
shoot me a pm and i will see how i can help ya out

TRACKnTRAIL
10-18-2011, 03:44 PM
Hunt the Bose Lake area. Cut blocks and moose galore. Be aware, you could see lots all at once.

Bose Lake is in 3-18