PDA

View Full Version : Accomodations MU 3-12

recoil
10-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Does anyone know of any reasonably priced cabins for rent in MU3-12? We will be up there for a few days around rememberance day long weekend for LEH bull moose. We could motel it in Merritt for cheap but i dont like having the quad outside unattended overnight and i would like somewhere where we can hang a deer (buddy has LEH doe draw also). Thanks in advance.

BTW our draw is the southern half of the zone.

landphil
10-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Possibly Elkhart, Paradise Lake or Hathume lake lodges? I'm not sure how late in the season they're open, or about rates, etc, but google should help there.

recoil
10-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks i have already checked out paradise, they are closed. Hathume has some but they are a little too much for us at around $180 a night. I will give Elkhart a call during the week. Do you think moose will be up high still come mid November or would we be better off concentrating on the lower part near Nicola? can anyone tell me if Douglas lake ranch has gates up, i hunted this area a few years back and i remember running into some, i assume they have a trespass fee?

shelg
10-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Try Corbett Lake Country Inn or SX Ranch by Garcia Lake (Nicola Ranch)

landphil
10-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Lower to mid elevation will likely be your best bet come mid Nov, depending on the weather. All access to Douglas Lk Ranch is gated and posted no tresspassing as far as I know, not sure if they will allow access, but lots of good country to hunt in without ever getting near the ranch. If you have chains for your truck I'd be sure to bring them along, by then you might start having issues getting off (or back to) the beaten paths otherwise. Again, this depends on the weather, but this would be fairly typical.

$180 a night at hathume might not cost much more then staying in merrit by the time you factor in fuel costs and the time to run in and out every day?

TIKA 300
10-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Had a draw in 3-12 and stayed at Salmon Lake,they we're expensive 10-11 years ago,dont know about now.(was a great place) Last draw was up near Penask,we stayed in Merrit and drove out every morning,but like was stated,WATCH the snow,it gets heavy in there and quick........ On a side note,we crossed thru DLCR yesterday morning heading to Vermon,coldest truck was reading said -8 andVERY THICK fog in a few areas.

3kills
10-16-2011, 09:37 PM
Thanks i have already checked out paradise, they are closed. Hathume has some but they are a little too much for us at around $180 a night. I will give Elkhart a call during the week. Do you think moose will be up high still come mid November or would we be better off concentrating on the lower part near Nicola? can anyone tell me if Douglas lake ranch has gates up, i hunted this area a few years back and i remember running into some, i assume they have a trespass fee?

if u are seein cows try to get higher and u might find bulls. after the rut they should start bunching up again and will be lookin for feed before winter really sets in. as for Douglas lake yeah they have lots of there illegal gates up but thats an issue i wont get into on here. and no no tresspass fee.

recoil
10-28-2011, 01:02 PM
I have no luck trying to get in touch with Elkhart, does anyone know if they are still open? The number listed online is now been issued to a lady that seems to think they have gone belly up.

doubled
10-28-2011, 03:58 PM
I don't think Elkhart is open to the public anymore.

Lillypuff
10-28-2011, 04:02 PM
I have not lived in that area for years but Bear Lake or Lambley Lake use too have cabins on I am not sure if you can rent them or if they are still there. Esperon Lake use to have a cabin on it that was open. NO idea whether either of these leads will help but that is all I got

Freshtracks
10-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Another option ... they are open I believe.

http://www.guestranchbc.com/contact.html

300H&H
10-28-2011, 10:59 PM
The Elkheart Lodge is closed.

I have been seeing moose EVERY time I go out this year. Just no immy !

natebavis
10-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Maybe the quilchena hotel, has saloon to boot