PDA

View Full Version : Grand Forks Hunting

dtmb
10-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Hey Im from Vancouver Island and have a couple Uncles that live in Grand Froks. Was thinking about some Whitetail/Muley hunt soon but have never hunted the area. Anyone out there have any usefull info about the area?

d6dan
10-16-2011, 11:03 AM
You should be here now hunting WT's while doe season is open. Your uncles live here, so they should know someone or some areas to hunt. I'm having luck,on private land. Lots of Wt's around that need thinning out.

Ruger4
10-16-2011, 11:16 AM
late nov up the Granby is always good , bunchgrass , knappen , burrel

Fisher-Dude
10-16-2011, 01:39 PM
According to the guide outfitter, deer are nearing extirpation in the area, but I've always seen several. Guess it depends on whom you believe. :roll:

Johnny G1
10-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Just go into downtown Grand Forks, all kinds of them in everybody's yard.

goatdancer
10-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Go up the Granby River. WTs all over the place. Will be lots of pressure up there. You'll need a lot of patience. It's a little early for the rut so there may not be too much movement during the day. Good luck.

Deeboe
10-16-2011, 09:25 PM
I drove through Grand forks coming back from elk hunting middle of september and counted close to 140 deer downtown about 7pm... there were close to 70 deer grazing on the school field.... if you head into the hills i`m sure you will find some but it sure seems like they all head into town to graze lol...

goatdancer
10-17-2011, 10:01 AM
The city deer are almost tame and virtually unafraid of humans. The ones out of town are a whole different ball of wax. Way more spooky.

AR Chuck
01-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Hey, I'm from Vic and I hunt whitetails and muley in GF. The most successful way to hunt is with a bow on a farm. The deer come down from the mountains and eat in the fields during the day. Get in good with a local farmer and your set. The deer seem to know where the shotgun only/ bow areas are and hang out there right in plain sight. Traditional hunting with a rifle in the bush is a challenge in Grand Forks. The best wooded areas are on the mountains and it can be a steep climb up and down. You will need a quad or strong horse to pack out a deer from the mountains for sure. Be a pal and help the farmers out.