PDA

View Full Version : the one that got away..

3kills
10-15-2011, 10:40 PM
So it all started back in the begining of youth season when I was talkin to my cousin about a spot to find my kid a youth season buck. He told me about a spot that he was workin at and they were seein the same bucks everyday. Then he threw in there that there was also two legal bulls in there. So of course that peaked my interest and today found me in this spot at first light. Well we struck out there so me and the brother inlaw just did a lil road hunt and a little walkin here and there. well some time around nine i was lookin for a spot to park and eat lunch and watch a clear cut. well I finally find a good spot to sit and watch a clear cut on both sides of the road. so we are sittin there eatin our lunchs and I look out the passenger side window and see this huge crow sittin on a stump and me and my bro inlaw joke about how easy of a target it would be as it was sittin with its back facing us. I was just about done my sandwich and i turn my head to look out my window and look! a moose! so i get out to take a look at it and i see behind it is a nother really light colored animal and i start to think the second animal is possible a deer but then make not of body size and realize it cant be a deer. While tryin to determine what first moose is I am also calling tryin to get second moose to lift its head. the whole time I m trying to get the there attention my bro inlaw is fidgiting with his rifle I finally tell him to stop that he is startin to spook them (turns out his shells wouldnt chamber) the first moose i determine is a cow just before she takes off. I finally got moose number 2's attention but I still couldnt tell what it was it was standing head on and behind a tree. So I raise my rifle above my head and start grunting at it as I walk a lil closer tryin to get a better look. The moose starts gettin a lil interested and I was startin to think i seen a lil bit of bone but not sure. Right at about this time (when I am pretending to be a moose) my brother inlaw walks up beside me and moose says to self, self thats not a moose and bolts. As it bolts I bring my rifle up just in time to see antlers sticking out of his head :-? 99% sure he was just a spike bull and wanted to touch one off before he got behind the trees but I wasnt 100% sure so I knew I couldnt. I say shit thats a bull and start to go through the clear cut after him and my inexperienced excited bro inlaw goes crashing through ahead of me I had to tell him to slow down I even tried to tell him to go back to the road and walk the road but he never heard me I guess. I finally got him to go back to the road and I walked through the stand of trees I "thought" the moose ran into but wasnt sure. Needless to say we never did see him again and alls I could say for the rest of the day was a whole bunch of words that I cant put on here. Heading back after him tomorrow mornin with reinforcements to help out!

P.S not only was this "possible" elusive two point it was a more elusive region 8 " possible two point! :cry:

johnny cabbage
10-16-2011, 08:55 AM
gah!! bummer :(

Steeleco
10-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Duct tape and zap straps Darcy, that's what the Bro inlaw needs. Better luck today buddy.

Big Lew
10-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Unbridled newbie enthusiasm has ruined many potential success stories, sigh....at least he didn't try a shot from right behind you, better luck next time.

fearnodeer
10-16-2011, 10:27 AM
That sucks, bter luck next time.