PDA

View Full Version : LEH Mountain Goat for 3-36 Zone A includes portions of (3-37/3-42)

IslandmanDan
10-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Was wondering if anybody has seen goats in this zone and could maybe narrow down what area or mountain range they may be. Thanks, Dan

Laurence_Erickson
10-15-2011, 11:13 PM
not sure if oliver creek is in your area but it would be a good spot to snoop around .:) when are you planning on going ??

Robfriend
10-16-2011, 08:47 AM
check your inbox I PM you dan

dana
10-16-2011, 02:17 PM
not sure if oliver creek is in your area but it would be a good spot to snoop around .:) when are you planning on going ??

Oliver is the next subunit to the north. 3-36A's northern cutoff is Gold Creek.

Islandmandan,
The one thing I will tell ya is the later the better but given the 30th is only a few weekends away, you've probably got that one figured out. You need the snow to really stack up in the highcountry so they start heading for their wintering grounds which is in low elevation timbered cliffs.

crm
10-16-2011, 05:43 PM
my wife has the a draw in 3-42 and part of 3-41. we went out 3 weeks ago and seen nothing. and then we went out yesterday to the same area and the snow have pushed them down we seen 2 nannys 2 kids and 1 small billy we think, tuff to call at 800 yards.

IslandmanDan
10-16-2011, 09:37 PM
Oliver creek looks like it is within the portions of 3-42 the LEH map shows is available. My draw is 3-36zone a includes portions of 3-37 and 3-42. Oliver creek FSR looks like an option for a good entry then hike? I am planning on a 3-4 day, hike and camp. Heading out this tuesday the 18th... any info is greatly appreciated, thanks. Dan

dana
10-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Gold Creek is the northern boundary on that unit. Long hike from Oliver and the mountains are almost sheer vertical. I sure hope you are not thinking you can up and over into Gold. There is a road up Gold but far from drivable. It is brushed in beyond belief and there are several washouts. But there are goats.

IslandmanDan
10-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Cheers Dana,
Sure do appreciate the info. I wasnt planning a up n over into gold by any means. Just trying to figure out a great starting point. I am eager to put the footwork down, thats not a problem. Finding goats... thats the problem. I will either foot it into gold or give sunset creek area a shot. Thanks for the tips. Dan