PDA

View Full Version : Beware north surrey meats

mariathemoose
10-15-2011, 04:56 PM
They want $120 cash for a deer, this place is a huge scam, always paid between $60 - 80 for a deer in our years of having wild meat butchered. Stay away, new owner this year and they are bad. The owner there last year did a great job alittle more expensive, but still only about $80.

tonywtc
10-15-2011, 05:01 PM
you shouldn't post duplicate threads

mariathemoose
10-15-2011, 05:31 PM
sorry the other post is actually in chat, so I didn't realize that could be a problem, if I can figure out how to delete it I will.

steve62
10-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Meat cutter ok wild game should be about .60 cents a lbs domestic .45 sausage is extra.

The Dude
10-15-2011, 05:53 PM
A lot of places don't really want to do wild game, so they either say No, or just inflate the price. That way, if they have to do it, they make a good buck.
We only send out our pepperoni and sausage. Everything else we do at home. Then you know Ed-Zachary what you're getting.

recoil
10-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Was the price not discussed at all before you left the deer there? How big was it? If it was a large bodied buck that price is not unreasonable. If taxes are in it would work out to be about .50-55 cents per lb.

If i did not like peperoni and sausage so much i would cut it all myself, me and a friend did a medium size buck up last year in his shop, took about an hour tops. One guy cuts the other wraps/bags.

huntwriter
10-15-2011, 06:07 PM
They want $120 cash for a deer, this place is a huge scam, always paid between $60 - 80 for a deer in our years of having wild meat butchered. Stay away, new owner this year and they are bad. The owner there last year did a great job alittle more expensive, but still only about $80.

Given the time and labour it takes to bone, cut, trim and wrap a deer $120 is a very good price.

steelballs
10-15-2011, 06:38 PM
i had a bear done there in the spring for pepperoni and it is excellent. all though we thought it was a bit much but by the time they trim debone grind and smoke it was reasonable. But the quality excellent!!!