PDA

View Full Version : Who's looking for Jimmy the Immy?

Fisher-Dude
10-15-2011, 09:12 AM
First day of the spike/fork season and I have a course to attend. :(

Who's planning on an immy hunt this year?

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/HPIM0798.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/HPIM1117.jpg

Steeleco
10-15-2011, 09:19 AM
I found 2 in Reg 6 just last Sunday, damn things are closed. Hadn't better be the only two I see!

MB_Boy
10-15-2011, 09:25 AM
This thread has nothing to do with Jimmy Howard..........right???? :?

lovemywinchester
10-15-2011, 10:07 AM
I bought my tag yesterday. Hope to bump into one out there somewhere.

Stone Sheep Steve
10-15-2011, 07:23 PM
Hey F/D! If you whack an immie and need a packer or freezer space, gimme a call. We can work something out.

SSS

Caveman
10-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Hey F/D! If you whack an immie and need a packer or freezer space, gimme a call. We can work something out.

SSS

Maybe if you change your handle to "Smiling Sherpa Steve" or something. I'll keep you in mind! :wink:

Laurence_Erickson
10-15-2011, 08:02 PM
wow thats what they look like ?? all I saw was 5 deer one bear and 716 hunters :)

JDR
10-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Went out today and all we could seem to find was big bulls x 3 :cry:. Not exactly sure why they reduced the number of LEH draws in 8-09. Pretty rediculous imo. I see more bulls in this region every year.

bearhunter338-06
10-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Still looking for a helper other wise I would be out looking for a moose.

Fisher-Dude
10-15-2011, 08:38 PM

SSS

I've got ya on speed dial, Sherpa!

Headin' out in the morning for a peak into one of my honey holes. :wink:

This thread has nothing to do with Jimmy Howard..........right???? :?

You mean that goalie that's 3 - 0 this year? No, not him, but he's pretty damned spectacular for only $2.25 million a year eh? :lol:

sakofinnlight
10-15-2011, 09:12 PM
I was out from sunrise to sunset in search of a immy, I got to my spot 30 min before light and parked and waited for it to get light, I parked on the side of a little road hoping that people would see my truck and realize that I was walking this old "skidder trail" and they would not proceed further. I had a mini turnaround behind my truck when i returned 4 hours later lol looked like atleast 10 people had tried to come in that road. Then I drove a few roads around noon and saw about 20 guys road hunting and i talked to many of them and they had not seen a thing. So i went to another old road and hiked it for the rest of the day, seen a few doe's and thats it! but I did find some fresh moose sign so maybe just maybe i can get lucky.

fozzy
10-15-2011, 09:16 PM
I saw Jimmy the Immy 1st week of Oct, it was the 1st small bull I've seen. Unfortunately can't be there right now to pay him another visit :( It will have to wait for now.

Cdn-Redneck
10-15-2011, 09:30 PM
My Dad got one to fill his LEH on Oct.1. Don't see them in open season going to be good eats.

adamgarbett
10-15-2011, 10:21 PM
I know of two people who got their immys at first light thismorn. one was just sheer luck, side of the road clearcut style. The other, my buddy saw him last weekend and went back thismorn and bango there he was. Maby tomoro will be my turn :-D

Fisher-Dude
10-16-2011, 07:39 PM
I did see a yearling right at daybreak today, but alas, it was a cow. A few does, lots of trucks, and roasted grouse wrapped in bacon for supper! :D

Gunner
10-16-2011, 07:50 PM
This'll be the 1st year in the last 4 that I won't be lookin' for Jimmy,my LEH bull is in the freezer:mrgreen: Good luck to all you Jimmy chasers,Gunner

emerson
10-16-2011, 08:40 PM
I found one Friday that looked exactly like the definition
In the regs. It's hanging now.

sakofinnlight
10-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Today I was lucky enough to call in my first ever bull! I have had one other one reply to me last yr and I brought him right in close but he wouldnt step into the open! So early this am I set up on a treeline facing towards the large meadow, and I let out a few soft cow calls. No replys, so after 20 min i let out as loud of a call as I could and I listened to it bounce back to me off the far tree line, I thought to myself now if a moose doesnt hear that then nothing is around. 1 minute late I hear a bull grunting off in the distance and then began to hear him come crashing through the bush! he was quite vocal so I just kept quit and waited for him to appear, there was slight pause for a few minutes when he was about to come out of the tree line, so faced away from him and let out a moany cow call and that was enough for him and he came right out and came within 60 yards of me, this is when i stood up and he looked at me and paused for a few seconds then ran back to where he came from. He was far from the immature I was hoping he would be but non the less it was an amazing experience and it gives me more confidence when calling now! I wish I had my camera with me but as always it was sitting in my truck :(