PDA

View Full Version : fouind dead 5 point elk

JoshCampbell
10-13-2011, 07:27 PM
well yesturday went to the same block i had called in a bull the day befor, tried calling him again yesturday with no luck, so took a walk to the far side of the block and laying under a small dead pine tree, that was cleary placed over the elk as it had been cut when the block was cut, was a 5x5 laying there, a shame indeed. called to report to the CO gave him directions to it so he was headed out today to have a look around.

bugler
10-13-2011, 07:54 PM
I've heard from a CO that this is more common than most people realize. One or two go down around my place every year. That adds up to a bunch of "next years" legal bulls. Seems some people can't help themselves.

lunatic
10-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Two so called hunters from Quesnel killed a 5x5 in the area I hunt this fall. I found it in the wide open cutblock by a small group of trees apparently right where they had shot it. Absolutely no way to miss it. I think they just decided it was too small of head gear (it was open for 3 pt. or bigger in this area). Apparently they also shot and wounded a second bull they never found before finally taking a third. This was relayed to me by other hunters that they had talked to. Real smart thing to blab about. I'm glad I never talked to them or I would have had more than a few choice words. They apparently "found" their first elk 2 days after shooting it. IMHO they should have cancelled their tag. To me that is the ethical thing to do in such a situation (with the animal having been found).