PDA

View Full Version : Need help - Heading up to Lodestone Mountain for the weekend

twr
10-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Hey, looking for some info on Lodestone mountain/Lodestone Lake - gonna be looking for big muleys, elk, and Moose. anyone had any luck up there. any tips?? greatly appriciated guys. excited never been up there although i have been in the tulameen area. Thanks in advance

mikeman20
10-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Hunted there and around there last weekend, ill be up there again this weekend (and around the other tulameen areas) because we got nothing. Tones of does but the bucks seem to be easily spooked and not very many of them. We were out in 3 groups of 2, walking driving and quadding but only 1 of us saw a single buck there... My advise is to be sneaky as hell because all the bucks seem to be taking off at the first sign of a hunter

huntinnewbie
10-13-2011, 06:47 AM
Snow can fly early up at Lodestone. There is a forestry campsite and outhouse up there, by the lake. The hill going up is an easy 4x4 but can get snotty if wet.
Don't know about elk or moose. Never seen any sign up there. If you continue past Lodestone towards Wells Lake take care as the trail can get really rough.
We did the entire loop on our quads a couple of weeks ago leaving from Coalmont, Blakeburn/Arrasta,Granite/Whipsaw to Lodestone and then back down to Coalmont. 150 Kilometers, left at 9 in the morning and didn't get back until 7:30 that night! saw lots of grouse and got our limit but didn't see one deer, saw a small bear in Blakeburn. Did see a cow moose but that was on Arrasta. Mind you there were 4 of us on 4 quads so animals had the heads up that we were coming. Also some stretches of the Whipsaw trail were so gnarly that it was all we could do to keep our eyes on the trail so no time to scan for game.
My shoulders are still sore from fighting the quad for that long trip,lol. Anyway it is beautiful country so enjoy.

twr
10-14-2011, 08:07 AM
well , thanks for the help guys, heading up today after work, new area so always excited. and you never know whats around the corner!!