PDA

View Full Version : Disgusted....

Deeboe
10-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Had the day off, so thought I would go for a drive this morning just to see what the back roads are like near Chilliwack lakes area... I looked on google last night so i choose a few roads near slesse crk. Well once i got out there the signage is quite poor and a lot of the roads are not accessible or too over grown to beat my truck on.... Most of the roads that i did get access to turned out to be more like garbage dumps.... Never in the 5 years that i lived in the west Kootenays did i ever run into anything remotely even close to this. I have to say i was blown away at the amount of trash, old mattresses, couches, tvs etc.... that people have decided to offload in the bush.... What the heck....

Philcott
10-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Is it any wonder that more and more roads are being gated when dip$hits dump this garbage in the forest?

Darksith
10-12-2011, 11:01 AM
city slickers too cheap to pay for the dump. I personally think they should put hidden video cams on the roads, it wouldn't be hard, a good trail cam might even do it. See a truck go in with garbage, come out empty, have the license plate #....$2000 fine!

Big Lew
10-12-2011, 12:31 PM
When you consider how much it costs to run a truck all the way out and back to these places, most of the time it would be the same cost or less if they just went to their local dump and/or re-cycling depot. It would be interesting to see how excited and indignant they would be if they caught someone throwing trash on their front lawn.

Fella
11-14-2011, 01:45 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I live in the 'Wack and spend quite a bit of time up chilliwack river road, and most of the dumpers are out of towners who come from the metro area on long weekends to party up there. Most locals I know avoid going up there on long weekends.

orangestepside
11-14-2011, 01:53 PM
its really disgusting up there every time i head up there for a drive it gets worse..... wish i could catch some of them

000buck
11-14-2011, 02:03 PM
everyone is an environmentalist...... until it costs them something, then they are as bad as the corperate giants they protest against :confused:

Gateholio
11-14-2011, 02:08 PM
I unloaded a very full pick up truck full of junk yesterday at the local dump. Cost was about $7 IIRC. Probably cost less than the gas it would take to drive the junk into the bush. :)

thehammer
11-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Vancouver Island is the same in lots of places.

Fella
11-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Makes me mad. How hard is it to put your empties back into the box and put it in your trunk? Why not drop that couch off 6 blocks away at the salvation army? Heck, if you're that cheap, go to an industrial park and dump your stuff in their dumpster.

huntingmom
11-14-2011, 02:32 PM
This makes me wonder why they haven't closed the end of Sylvester Rd in Mission . Hubby and I used to go there and target shoot years ago....it was just one big garbage dump.

Taurusguy
11-14-2011, 02:53 PM
I too was all over chilliwack river valley this weekend. Yup .. plenty of "dump" locations. Its horrible. I grew up in chilliwack .. and what it is most likely are a wack of teenage partiers with no regard or respect for the wilderness.

Yup ... alot of roads are being shut down ... and rightfully so. Just means you have to get out and go for a walk past some of the gates to get up into the quiet areas. Still sad though to see all the grow op dump piles .. and the couches .. and tires .. and whatever else gets thrown out there ... they should have a camera at the bridge near tamahi FSR that takes a pic of every vehicle going in .. then again when they go out .. this way they may catch the people going in with junk and leaving empty and getting their licence plates and sending them a clean up bill/fine. Might not catch them all .. but word would get around to keep the junk out of there .. well the big stuff anyhow.

Grousedaddy
11-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Those arent dump sites........ There buck batchelor pads hahahaha jk put a tree stand above his bed and tv and wait for him to get off work lmao

pnbrock
11-14-2011, 06:29 PM
this is why i never go to chilliwack pisses me off so i dont enjoy time in the bush.never on a long weekend i can go to surrey bars and see drunken idiots.