PDA

View Full Version : Moose in 7-11,7-12

BillBraskii
10-11-2011, 03:53 PM
I've been putting in for a moose draw around Kamloops for the past few years with no luck.
So I've decided to go and try an area I've never hunted before.
Being that there is a few places to stay at around 7-11/12 I'm thinking that it's as good a place as any to start.

So what I'm getting at is whats the better unit to put in for??
7-11

7-12a

7-12b

Any info is greatly appreciated in terms of access,number of animals,places to start etc.

thanx in advance

p.m's are cool if you don't want to post in the open:mrgreen:

10-11-2011, 03:54 PM
7-11 was good to me.

ape
10-11-2011, 04:38 PM
All 3 are heavily traveled and hunted. Tons of people and pressure but not impossible to hunt if you work at it.

Magnumb
10-11-2011, 06:55 PM
The calf season becomes a bit of a zoo in there. Get as far away from the main roads as you can.
Spend a little extra on gas and hit the region 6 open bull season.

todbartell
10-11-2011, 07:14 PM
7-12A has some good country. Hunted it quite a bit over the years. Any of the sideroads coming off the Holy Cross FSR heading south off Highway16 near Lejac should put you into moose. The Kenny Dam Rd has a few spots but some of it is private land, but along the Nechako River should be good. Haven't spent much time in the other zones so can't comment, but I suspect there's moose country in both of them and they're closer to home. I'd plan a hunt for Sept 25-Oct9 to avoid calf madness

The calf season becomes a bit of a zoo in there. Get as far away from the main roads as you can.
Spend a little extra on gas and hit the region 6 open bull season.

no hunting pressure in the GOS bull season? LOL:mrgreen::neutral: