PDA

View Full Version : Five moose , shot and left???

whitetail2009
10-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Anyone hear about this? I ran into a hunter and he said that the rcmp came to their camp @ saigo creek.(beaverdell creek rd)and were investigating apparently Five yes five moose shot and left!!!WTF, if it is true

Allen50
10-10-2011, 05:29 PM
if true what a waist ,, pochers again,, hope they get cought,,

JohnS
10-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Wow! what a shame if its true!

tinhorse
10-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Years back I heard of over 10 being found around the kamloops area. All shot with an sks. Sh!t heads need to get a life. shoot some cans or something. Why take an animals life and let it go to waste. Sick and stupid, makes no sense at all.

Singleshotneeded
10-10-2011, 06:16 PM
Gotta be some kind of sick bastage to kill an animal that you're not going to eat, wolves, coyotes, etc excluded...

Skull Hunter
10-10-2011, 08:15 PM
I know of 2 that have been shot and left this year. It's inexcusable, especially since both these bulls were in spots that you could get them out of with a little work and really not that much of it.

shed-hunter1
10-10-2011, 08:26 PM
natives shoot them in 5-2 take rear quarters leave rest

TIK306
10-10-2011, 08:30 PM
If your are not going to eat it, leave it! What a waste. Hope they get em.

300H&H
10-10-2011, 08:53 PM
While up on the Coq, about 8 years ago I talked to a guy who was stopped by the CO. He told the CO about a bull he found shot & left. The CO said it was most likely the natives in a truck up there that week. A total of 5 moose shot and left. No proof so nothing was done.

Farmer001
10-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Gotta be careful there guys as not all people are painted with the same brush. Shooting a animal and leaving it is probably done more than we know from various individuals.

M.Dean
10-10-2011, 09:13 PM
I'll wait until I read some thing based on fact's before I make a comment, then, and only then will I point my finger at the persons involved! This story, and many like it, maybe just that, story's! M.Dean.

1/2 slam
10-10-2011, 10:09 PM
I'll wait until I read some thing based on fact's before I make a comment, then, and only then will I point my finger at the persons involved! This story, and many like it, maybe just that, story's! M.Dean.

That is well said!

ELK Seeker
10-10-2011, 11:07 PM
I have no Idea who is doing this and will not point any fingers but I do know this shit has to be stopped. Way to many animals are being killed and left to rot these days and the scary fact is that it is happening more and more.

Mr. Dean
10-11-2011, 01:06 AM
I found 1 last year; fresh, shot, gutted, and on the side of the road.... Not in or on the other side of a ditch, but ON the damned road!!

Called it in but never heard any more of it. It rotted where I found it.

J-Man
10-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Me and my son found a spike fork moose this weekend at Eastgate, shot about 2 weeks ago was my guess. Still intact crazy enough, predators hadn't got at it just the ravens.

Drillbit
10-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Found one yesterday in 5-2. Little bull, everything there but what the birds ate, looked about a week old right in the middle of a cuttline you could drive a car to. Happens more than people like to think it does, every year I find something somebody left somewhere.

beni
10-11-2011, 03:44 PM
CO's can't do anything unless you witness it, or if they witness it.

Just like that doe and fawn I found barely up the road on Jamieson Crk last year, they couldn't do anything.. but thanked me for reporting it at least. =\

bruteforce17
10-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Came up through the christian valley yesterday and planned to head down beaver creek (by sago creek) to the highway but there was a sign saying that the road was closed. Might have something to do with it?

Mikey Rafiki
10-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Gotta be careful there guys as not all people are painted with the same brush. Shooting a animal and leaving it is probably done more than we know from various individuals.

Agreed. Poacher are poachers, and most poaching is done by.... that's right, poachers!

My buddy caught a guy trying to sneek a calf elk out after dark near Cranny. He was with his two young kids in his fancy new pickup. He ran before he could take it out, but he was stupid enough to go back later and the CO was waiting for him with a hefty fine.

Also know of a group of guys from the other side of the province that shot two five point elk in the Elk Valley. A $750 dollar fine for the first one, then they were stupid enough to shoot another one the next day, and the fine doubled. Not sure if they called themselves in, but there goes a couple nice elk from my back yard. Counting to 6 can sure be tough!