PDA

View Full Version : Rock Creek/Christian Valley

mike_b
10-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Hey guys,
so it's been a VERY slow start to my hunting season this year. Been so slow in fact, that I haven't even gone out yet. But coming this wednesday, my dad and I will be headed out to Rock Creek/Christian Valley. I've never hunted that area before, but my dad has. Only problem is, my dad like road hunting, not so much walking around in the bush, finding a nice vantage point and glassing, or walking along cut lines the way that I do. I'm not sure what to expect on this trip. I'm just super stoked to finally be getting out into the great outdoors. Any advice I could get for the area would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not looking for any honey holes, just some advice and maybe some tips/tricks for that area, and possibly an area that's been good to you that you wouldn't mind letting me know about. To me, this is more of a "meat trip" then it is looking for something big. I heard that there's a lot of private land in the area, more then in say the Bridge Lake area (which is where I've done most of my hunting). I've got my mulie/whitetail/moose/bears tags, and I'm itching to get out there.

Mike

d6dan
10-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Drive up Johnson ck rd,just past the Bridesville bridge. It leads to Conkle lake and if you keep going will take you out to Rhone above Westbridge on Hwy 33. Lots of good spots and deer. Lots of good,open hills etc to glass. Good luck.

goatdancer
10-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Heard there was logging way up the Christian Valley past Damfino Creek. Not sure which way the trucks are running. If you go up that way it will probably be very busy with hunters. Lots of private land along the road until you get to about the 50 or 60 km mark. Take a ride up to Taurus (Bull) Lake - on the way to Beaverdell from Rock Creek, or toward Thone Lake - to the east off the CV road at about the 27 km mark. Also Fiva Creek FSR (about 8 km mark), Kettle River FSR, and a whole lot of other FSRs feeding off the Kettle River FSR. If you go to Beaverdell, take Beaverdell (or Beavercreek) road at the north end of town. That will take you take you all the way back to the Christian Valley at about the 45 km mark - lots of country up there. Get a copy of Backroad Mapbook Thompson Okanagan and you'll be good to go. Good luck.

summersoverated
10-10-2011, 01:45 PM
try 5k up sanddrift lake rd lots of mulie and whities. had a chance a spike fork moose last year up by nevertouch lots of good area up there good luck

Lone Ranger
10-10-2011, 02:23 PM
East Copper Cr has lots of open cuts blocks as well, lots of glassing opportunities up in that area (west side of the hill from Christian Valley). The deer move through there for sure but early and late in the day. LR

mike_b
10-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Thanks guys, i really appreciate your input. I've been looking at google earth, but i know that google earth is pretty outdated, but i think it'll still be a good reference. Also been look at the backroad mapbook. It'll be an iteresting trip for sure. I'm looking forward to exploring some new country.....

Mike