PDA

View Full Version : Toad River One Day Pass

The Dude
10-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Hey folks, gotta go to Toad River for work this weekend. Fly up Friday, work Saturday, free day Sunday, fly back Monday (or so).
Looking at the regs, it's in 7-51 and 7-54 area, but Elk's closed, mule deer are three point (or better?), don't need a bear.........
Weird regs there, the way some areas are open, next have nothing at all.
Liard River Hot Sptings?
What would YOU do with a one day pass? (Maybe more)

Foxton Gundogs
10-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Hey folks, gotta go to Toad River for work this weekend. Fly up Friday, work Saturday, free day Sunday, fly back Monday (or so).
Looking at the regs, it's in 7-51 and 7-54 area, but Elk's closed, mule deer are three point (or better?), don't need a bear.........
Weird regs there, the way some areas are open, next have nothing at all.
Liard River Hot Sptings?
What would YOU do with a one day pass? (Maybe more)

NO QUESTION take a shotgun and wing shoot ptarmigan ooodels of fun should be lots of birds My waterfowl partner just got back from Dease and said he could have limited every day.
Also might get a crack at a wolf.

Gateholio
10-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Go hit on chicks at the Toad River Lodge

fireguy
10-09-2011, 12:56 PM
if you have time and don't want to hunt, go sit in the hotsprings

pappy
10-09-2011, 02:52 PM
I would go for a hike up higher and hope to run into a sheep, ya never know. Bring a camera for sure what ever you choose.

eastkoot
10-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Eat huge delicious cinnamon buns..

The Dude
10-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Hmmmm...wing shooting then hotsprings sounds good....so does hiking for sheep. Even for pics.....
Sat night can be spent in the Toad River Inn....might find a partner for the hot springs.......

Good ideas so far guys :D

mbariesheff
10-09-2011, 03:37 PM
hotsprings are a must!!!!

Stone Sheep Steve
10-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Hmmmm...wing shooting then hotsprings sounds good....so does hiking for sheep. Even for pics.....
Sat night can be spent in the Toad River Inn....might find a partner for the hot springs.......

Good ideas so far guys :D

Lots of areas to glass for late season sheep from the hwy. No need to hike until you spot one....since your time is limited.

SSS

The Dude
10-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Good suggestion SSS.
BTW: Dumb question; I've never hunted in a "Three point" Mule Deer area. I just assume this means three point or better, correct?
Was this rule imposed to clean up the gene pool from those weird ass giant three points?
(I could use this season in an area of Region 8, that's for sure)

3mk
10-09-2011, 04:46 PM
dude if you can go to muncho lake .PS party in fort nelson

daycort
10-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Go hit on chicks at the Toad River Lodge

done that before. struck out there to...got pretty pissed up though!!

blackbart
10-09-2011, 10:05 PM
What ever happened to that one lady that worked at Toad during the summer and went to Mexico in the winter? Something about her seemed supersized by the water or something?!?>