PDA

View Full Version : buck,doe,black bear,bull moose down

sarg
10-08-2011, 07:29 PM
i just got back from are 10 day hunting trip to region 5. we had 1 doe draw and two bull moose draws with in are group of 6 guy and man was it a blast, it start out slow but sure picked up, the first animal down was a little 2 point buck and then the next morning we seen a 3 x? bull in the middle of the road,when it ran in to the brush i tried to call it out but thats was a no go for him but on the other side of the road a moster bull comes crashing out of the brush ready to fight or f**K and man that was neat to see. that was my first bull i ever called out to but no shoot at it. so that after noon we went out for a drive and thats when i got my bear so we cleaned it up (gutted and skinned) and took it to camp and hung it. so now it about 5 o'clock and we headed out again for a drive,we stopped and talked to some guy hunting moose for a bit and once we were done we carry on down the road a bit to get distents between us, so we turned around after about 10min and started to head back to camp, we come around the corner and holy f**k a bull moose standing in the middle of the road where we were talking to the guy 20 mins early. we baled out of the truck bull down:),we didn't get done till about 2am dealing with the moose and it was shot at 6:30pm. so the next day was a beer drinking day and very little hunting was done so the next day the doe hit the ground. there was 3 new hunter that joined are grounp this year and i'm glad they did,a real good group of guys and i hope they join us next year to.
http://s1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc423/sarg2/moose%20hunting/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXl7IZTVZeI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onz5uVJGta8

Glenny
10-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Right on sarg. You kicked some serious butt this year.

TIKA 300
10-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Good on ya and your group.

MOUNTAIN MAN - TOYOTA/ATV
10-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Wow! That is a big bull moose. Nice black bear too. Good work!

kennyj
10-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Good for you guys. Sounds like a blast.
kenny

WaldoFive
10-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Good job on a very nice bull.

moose2
10-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Looks like a great trip thats the way to fill the freezer.
Mike

Sonof000Buck
10-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Sounds like a good trip, did better than me this year on my trip for sure !
Not in numbers but for meat down you sure did !
And,
A tip for cleaning grouse, sorry I have too...
When you get them, make them belly up stand on each wing grab the feet and pull, breast comes right out and everything else stays in !
Nice shooting boys great way to be full for sure!

sarg
10-19-2011, 08:21 PM
A tip for cleaning grouse, sorry I have too...
When you get them, make them belly up stand on each wing grab the feet and pull, breast comes right out and everything else stays in !

ya thats a bull sh*t way of doing it, really man just pull the breast out. lol

buckdragger
10-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Great Trip!

Pioneerman
10-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Well done, I would have liked to see you getting the moose into the truck whole with the canopy on lol

fearnodeer
10-20-2011, 06:08 AM
Great job guys, your sure going to have a frezzer full.

rides bike to work
10-20-2011, 06:36 AM
I think I seen your animals at johnstons why did you leave the buck and doe head there with them

srupp
10-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Well done Sarg...exellent trip huh...

cheers
Steven