PDA

View Full Version : New to Hunting in Delta

rustylj63
10-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Hello, I've been hunting most of my life (more than 30 years now) and have a fair bit of experience with waterfowl hunting. I moved to BC about 5 years ago and have not had the chance to hunt yet and am getting very anxious.

Are there any waterfowl hunters in the Delta/Richmond area that would be interested in helping someone that has never hunted here find some places to hunt?

I live in the Tsawwassen-Ladner area but am willing to travel a bit if necessary.

Thank you.

kuva
10-07-2011, 12:09 PM
You live in the area where water fowl hunting is top notch. I not able to take you any where but you only need to look in your back yard to start your adventure. I would start by looking into the city bylaws to find a spot. Also start looking at you tube it has tons of vidoes to get you started.

Bucks&Ducks
10-07-2011, 02:28 PM
talk to some farmers in white rock

Angus
10-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Go to Stillwater Sports in Ladner. Talk to the guys there. Grab a Fraser Valley Special Area Hunting map while at the shop, or review this on-line version for legal areas.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/docs/FVSAH2011Web.pdf

Also, go out to Brunswick Point tomorrow or Sunday morning, early. Watch what the guys are doing. Both ducks and geese out there at spots you can walk to and both jump shoot or set up on. But beware of the tides.

Good luck.