PDA

View Full Version : MU 3-27; Stolen Trail Cam

bcmulie
10-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Somebody stole a trail cam I had set up in MU 3-27. It was a 3 megapixel Tasco cam, with a 4 GB SD card in it. If anyone knows anything about this, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

And if the person who took my trail cam is reading this, please restore my faith in humanity by returning my trail cam.

Thanks.

bcmulie

Elkaholic
10-06-2011, 12:36 PM
For this reason alone I never put one out without it being in a tough lockbox bolted to the tree with a good lock on it. They need to put in a serious effort to get mine off the tree. Sucks that you got it stolen, just have to learn from it and move on in most cases. I had some punks give me a scare but not take it that was when I switched to locked n bolted to the tree.

Looking_4_Jerky
10-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Bummer. My hunting partner and I had a trailcam and baitpile set up in 3-27 all last season with no issues - except that we couldn't ever find the 5 point whitie that we got a pic of on only 1 night of the year!!

slednecksbrown
10-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Lame....I found a trail cam in 4-7 this year on a wallow. I wanted to see what was on it so I took the card out and viewed it in my camera then put it back in the game cam. It had a pic of a cow elk on it. Whoever stole it will pay for it somehow...

Ddog
10-06-2011, 02:52 PM
never found 3 trailcams ,,nope,,never mooned them either,,LOL
but i would never ever steal someones trailcam, thats a despicable as it comes.
*******s,, i hate thieves

Jelvis
10-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Thieves are scum and I hope they get bit in the ass.

steepNdeep
10-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Bummer. I lost one this summer too... I've had it in ~10 different spots over a couple of years & this one was too close to the road. I meant to get it before the long weekend but didn't make it out. Unfortunately, there are f'n losers around. Cost of doin' business on public land.

tash
10-06-2011, 06:20 PM
That really sucks....I had one swiped last week in 4-09...I knew we were taking a chance as it was right beside a road, but only 2 other people besides us had been in that cutblock in over a month...the morons left garbage behind too.

SR80
10-06-2011, 06:37 PM
I have one in 3-27, hope mines ok, knock on wood. Mines locked though, and i dont stick out a big bait pile. thats kind of a give away that a camera is around.

Darksith
10-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Just a good word to all out there with cams...if you don't have it in a lock box, you better make sure your putting it somewhere that is unlikely to see another human IMO. Obvious trails, in high traffic areas are a big no no for me anyway.

bcmulie
10-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Good advice Darksith. This was the one camera that I had in a higher traffic area, along the edge of a slash. I won't be doing that again.

Pretty sad that you have to put trail cams in lockboxes. Thieves are dirtbags, especially the ones that steal from their own (other hunters). Your mothers must be really proud...

bcmulie

Stone Sheep Steve
10-07-2011, 12:45 PM
While elk hunting this Sept I found a t-cam just like the one you mentioned.....just smiled and waved at it. Might still be there. I could go get it for you?:-D

sawmill
10-07-2011, 12:48 PM
When trail cams first came out I wanted one.......or 2 ...........or 6.
Just too poor to get one,now that I can afford it,all these stories about getting your cams stolen makes me think I`m cool with spending my cash on hookers and blow.
And I`ll bet you I have better pictures:mrgreen::mrgreen:

d6dan
10-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Somebody stole a trail cam I had set up in MU 3-27. It was a 3 megapixel Tasco cam, with a 4 GB SD card in it. If anyone knows anything about this, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

And if the person who took my trail cam is reading this, please restore my faith in humanity by returning my trail cam.

Thanks.

bcmulie

Just read your post, and I gotto say, some people should be hung up by the Balls. Anyway I read this post on another forum. I guess it happens regularly.

Thanks for shreddin up the seat on my treestand.

You see, I pulled up there about 8 am yesterday. Your truck was parked just off the hiway on the lease road. So Ive got enough class to go somewhere else so as not to interfere with your hunt. I went for a walk in there tday. I followed your tracks right from where you parked to my stand.

Bet you didnt see the Wildview camera there did you? Obviously you saw the Bushnell because you took the card. The Wildview wasnt exactly hidden well, guess youre too dumb to look around before you start vandalizing. Your loss is my gain. At 08:18:38 you climbed up to my stand. At 08:19:59 you were back on the ground. You have a cutco knife hanging off your belt. Nice knife. Bet it did a great job on my treestand seat. At 08:20:34 you peed at the base of my tree. Judging by what I see in the picture, your wife must be very frusterated! Then you continued on Eastbound.

Good thing for me I jotted down your license plate when I was there eh?

Oh and the cans of Sardines nailed to the trees on the lease, I cant pin those on you too cuz I dont have pictures of you doin it like I do with my stand and its too grassy for tracks, but Im sure a fish cop will be interested in checkin the fingerprints on the can compared to yours.

So my friend.... You have 2 choices. You can phone me on my cell and apologize (780 843 5338) and maybe I dont phone the cops. Or if not, you will be found (either by them or me) and youre gonna pay for this dearly.

Within a day or 2 Il have 20+ guys lookin for your truck. It dosnt blend in well, weve got the license plate and some VERY good pictures of you. Im sure Pete over at Cheap Seats wont mind puttin up your picture.

Youve got 2 days to call me, after that Il have to decide whether to phone the fish cops or put a $500 reward on your home address.

Brian011
10-07-2011, 01:29 PM
I had one stolen this spring in 3-28, I though nobody would find it but I guess I was wrong, I still have 2 out but I only buy the tasco cams now since they are cheaper than most.

Grousedaddy
10-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Hahaha so this guy that had his camera stolen and whined about it on here vandalized your stuff??? Wtf thus is too funny i hope that prick looses everything call his ass in !!!