PDA

View Full Version : Duck/Geese Hunting in lower mainland

dak0ta
10-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Hi,

I'm planning my first hunt, and was wondering where are some good areas in the lower mainland to look for ducks/geese in the marshlands. I don't have access to a boat. Are there any fields nearby?

sed8ed
10-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Ladner and the Pitt Polder are really your only two options for waterfowling unless you know a farmer with fields or start knocking on doors asking permission to hunt their property; check the Fraser valley special map. You can hunt the Pitt without a boat if you are careful where you shoot however, ladner marsh is probably your best bet. Gets bloody busy on the weekends though

Ddog
10-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Ladner and the Pitt Polder are really your only two options for waterfowling unless you know a farmer with fields or start knocking on doors asking permission to hunt their property; check the Fraser valley special map. You can hunt the Pitt without a boat if you are careful where you shoot however, ladner marsh is probably your best bet. Gets bloody busy on the weekends though

Wrong,, there are tons of places to go, just depends where you want to drive to, we had several good places in the Matsqui flats area, then a quick jump over the fraser into mission and up to Aggaziz and tons of farmland that gets flooded , just need to ask permission, 99% chance they say yes.

aliagha
10-06-2011, 04:05 PM
I was just hanging outside of my school at lunch today and saw a huge flock of snow geese fly by,.......it was a beautiful site and the birds have definitely started coming in!
your best bet is to get the fraser valley special area map and start scouting the public hunting areas like the pitt marsh, the ladner and boundary bay dyke's! the current weather is perfect for scouting.
good luck everyone!

ex bc guide
10-06-2011, 05:11 PM
If you are gonna hunt tha ladner marsh...... know your tides!