PDA

View Full Version : buck and confused.....

tuffteddyb
10-05-2011, 04:43 PM
seen a buck today,ok might not o been a legal one so i gotta ask.
he only had one horn,it was only about 3 inches long!
was gonna dump him,but wasn't sure if he was legal or not?
another thing i thought kind of peculiar is that it was still covered in velvet.
so any input welcome.

Taylor69
10-05-2011, 04:49 PM
He was legal!

Jelvis
10-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Was the horn right in the middle of it's for head?

tuffteddyb
10-05-2011, 04:56 PM
after i realized it was a buck and how small it was i was laughin so hard i didnt pinpoint exact posistion sorry

recoil
10-05-2011, 04:57 PM
The regs say "bucks" are open so if any amount of antler is visible i would say go for it. I wouldnt lose any sleep over not shooting it though, being from WL you will likely see some much bigger bucks before season ends.

doubled
10-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Was the horn right in the middle of it's for head?

Now that was friggin hilarious!!!!!

It was a buck and would have been a tender little bugger.

Derp
10-05-2011, 05:10 PM
probably a doebuck. I once shot a whitey with similar headgear thinking it was a buck, when it really was a doe.

Ddog
10-05-2011, 07:28 PM
not legal! unicorns have no open season!

tuffteddyb
10-05-2011, 07:50 PM
then them unicorns sure look like mule deer,and i was close!lmao
closer than30 feet,
i dont wanna poach a unicorn,fines and penalties would be tremedous!

yota
10-05-2011, 07:59 PM
The regs say "bucks" are open so if any amount of antler is visible i would say go for it. I wouldnt lose any sleep over not shooting it though, being from WL you will likely see some much bigger bucks before season ends.

yeah but our tags now state antler or antlerless

recoil
10-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Well then you would cut your antler tag! A funny story though, i had a November antlerless tag a few years ago and i ended up spotting a smallish (120lbs or so) "antlerless" deer close to the road. I dumped her and once i walked up i realized the she was a "he". It was actually a year old deer that had no visible antlers but only "knub" which you had to part the hair to actually see. I was stopped at a road block near the gang ranch and the CO inspected the deer and agreed i had shot an "anterless" deer as no antlers were visible even though it was definately a male.