PDA

View Full Version : Firearms on Public Transit for transport?

fowlweather
10-05-2011, 01:38 PM
I have a question, it may only require a quick no but i was not able to find the information anywhere on the translink website about if a person is allowed to bring a firearm onto public transit. (buses and skytrains) if it is Locked in an AIRPLANE APPROVED hard black case, that does not resemble that of a firearm. I have all necessary licenses and necessary legal requirements to carry and posses the firearm. If it means anything to you, it is a NON-Restricted firearm, and in the case does not look like anything more than a some guy carrying something big and important in a good case.

anyone have any experience with this? i am still waiting for an email from translink...

mercury0_0
10-05-2011, 02:41 PM
It's perfectly legal to transport firearms on public transit, at least, there isn't anything in the Criminal Code that prohibits it. There might be an internal policy from whichever transit company that says "no firearms". But the only thing they can do to you is ask you to leave, and if you don't, call the cops on you for trespassing.
Of course, I'm assuming you are transporting your firearms in the proper manner.

warnniklz
10-05-2011, 03:21 PM
I agree with above. Out of sight out of mind

warnniklz
10-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Just make sure you have a valid transit pass so you don't give the coppers any reason to search you

RJ
10-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Throw a Fender sticker on the side

Bowzone_Mikey
10-05-2011, 05:29 PM
I have a question, it may only require a quick no but i was not able to find the information anywhere on the translink website about if a person is allowed to bring a firearm onto public transit. (buses and skytrains) if it is Locked in an AIRPLANE APPROVED hard black case, that does not resemble that of a firearm. I have all necessary licenses and necessary legal requirements to carry and posses the firearm. If it means anything to you, it is a NON-Restricted firearm, and in the case does not look like anything more than a some guy carrying something big and important in a good case.

anyone have any experience with this? i am still waiting for an email from translink...

I have carried both my rifle and Bow on the sky train right from YVR to Downtown ... did the transfer at Waterfront stn and out to Burnaby .... did the reverse trip 2 days later ... didnt get a second glance from transit police ... even chatted a bit with one of them as they noticed I was wearing a PG Cougars Jacket and we chatted Jr Hockey

Bucks&Ducks
10-05-2011, 05:34 PM
guitar case

fowlweather
10-05-2011, 07:31 PM
i got an email back. copied straight as i received it...

"1.1.1 Dangerous / Prohibited Goods

· Lawn mowers, bicycles in the coach, and similar equipment;
· Uncovered glass or sharp objects;
· Gasoline, propane and other flammables;
· Explosives;
· Guns – except law enforcement officers.

If an Operator observes a passenger carrying a prohibited item they should advise the passenger that the item may not come on board the coach."

180grainer
10-05-2011, 08:14 PM
I suppose there are no dump questions. but it's like saying, if I obey all the laws and do everything right is it ok?

Peter Pepper
10-05-2011, 09:00 PM
i got an email back. copied straight as i received it...

"1.1.1 Dangerous / Prohibited Goods

· Lawn mowers, bicycles in the coach, and similar equipment;
· Uncovered glass or sharp objects;
· Gasoline, propane and other flammables;
· Explosives;
· Guns – except law enforcement officers.

If an Operator observes a passenger carrying a prohibited item they should advise the passenger that the item may not come on board the coach."

Hope you're not gonna let that stop you. It's not a law, all they can do is ask you to leave. Keep it out of sight and they won't mind!

Bowzone_Mikey
10-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Hope you're not gonna let that stop you. It's not a law, all they can do is ask you to leave. Keep it out of sight and they won't mind!

pretty much ... my Rifle case is a rectangular case with locks on the hatches ... pretty sure its a "Gun Guard" double case ... maybe it wasnt obvious to the average Cidiot ...

fowlweather
10-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Hard shell guitar case would be perfect. With a couple stickers on the side. Never a question, just know the name of a guitar and have it ready just in case someone were to ask you what kind of guitar it is

Shooter
10-05-2011, 11:28 PM
"just a cheapo from Walmart. Nothing fancy" that way they won't want to see it...lol

Fixit
10-05-2011, 11:35 PM
...just in case someone were to ask you what kind of guitar it is

happened to me once... "mossberg" was my answer