PDA

View Full Version : Legal question

Chody
10-05-2011, 11:38 AM
i am under the understanding that you are not allowed to carry unless you have your PAL... or someone with PAL within sight.

My friend thinks since i have taken my CORE, and that i have my hunting # and a deer tag, that i could still carry a borrowd rifle?

With my COre/hunting license, Can i goto buddies, borrow gun, and go hunting?

gizmo_85
10-05-2011, 12:04 PM
"i am under the understanding that you are not allowed to carry unless you have your PAL... or someone with PAL within sight"

You are correct on your first line, Need a PAL to have a Rifle borrowed or not, Your core doesn't cover this and it is stated in the Regs.

coach
10-05-2011, 12:28 PM
You could, however, hunt with a bow or crossbow.

Chody
10-05-2011, 12:32 PM
thats what i thought, thanks for confirming

cloverphil
10-05-2011, 12:54 PM
If you don't have your PAL it is not legal for you to carry/possess unless your friend, with PAL, is within arms reach. "In sight" could be 100 yards away which isn't lawfull, and he may not carry a separate rifle, for himself, if you have one. You may hunt with a bow without a PAL though as has been said.

Chody
10-05-2011, 01:05 PM
why cant we both carry?

Phoneguy
10-06-2011, 12:59 PM
why cant we both carry?

Hmmm, the physics of that would be interesting? Most people use two hands and attached arms to lift, aim and shoot? :)

Just giving you a hard time!

Gateholio
10-06-2011, 01:04 PM
why cant we both carry?

you can.

If your buddy has PAL and you both have hunting licences, you can both carry a rifle if hunting together. Don't know where the idea that only one can carry comes from, but it is not written down in the wildlife act or firearms act.

Phoneguy
10-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Gatehouse is right, the only restriction is that you need to be under the PAL holders immediate supervision. That does not mean "you go up here, and I will go up there and meet you at the top" kinda stuff. Essentially you would have to walk or ride together.

James