PDA

View Full Version : How is Moose hunting in the Omnieca region this year

adrianvip
10-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Hi Guys

I'm planing a trip with my body this long weekend for a moose hunt in region 7
We never got any moose until now and this year I just have a good feeling about. So we try to decide if we should go eider near Prince George, Vanderhoof or neer McBride.
I was in McBride 2 weeks ago and locals was saying that there is moose but is to warm for now. We got a bear but that's all so I'm not sure if we should risk to go again or we should go near Vanderhoof.
I'm looking at the wheather and looks like it will be some snow on Sunday in McBride.
Do you guys have more luck Near Prince George or near Mcbride this year

moosinaround
10-05-2011, 02:30 PM
I sure am glad to hear you are taking your body with you!! Be a $hitty trip without it!! Hunting anywhere in the Omineca for moose is good right now! Moose are falling like flies!! Good hunting! Moosin

tydel
10-05-2011, 02:52 PM
No moose in that area at all.

Bowzone_Mikey
10-05-2011, 05:30 PM
out macgregor way ... buddy and his group dropped 3 ...2 were unicorns

d6dan
10-05-2011, 05:33 PM
I sure am glad to hear you are taking your body with you!! Be a $hitty trip without it!! Hunting anywhere in the Omineca for moose is good right now! Moose are falling like flies!! Good hunting! Moosin

Thats strange?, not from what I'm hearing but then again its a butchers word.:confused:

Bowzone_Mikey
10-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Real men dont use Butchers ......

d6dan
10-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Real men dont use Butchers ......
Mikey, if he was your Bro with a butcher shop and the was cutting free, you would be using him!.:mrgreen:

Bowzone_Mikey
10-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Mikey, if he was your Bro with a butcher shop and the was cutting free, you would be using him!.:mrgreen:

ya yer right , I would use the facilities .... but I would still do most of the work myself;)

adrianvip
10-06-2011, 08:48 AM
I think will go in 7-2.
Will let you know how it was when we get back

FirePower
10-06-2011, 09:11 AM
out macgregor way ... buddy and his group dropped 3 ...2 were unicorns

We had coffee in Clinton on our way back from the Kechika, with a group that had been up the McGregor, They each had a moose and said they had seen lots. Also 7-16 has a calf season on now. Very fine Gnash there.

adrianvip
10-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Never been in the Mc Gregor area but I loked on Google and I see why it may be better. Lot's of small lakes. Can't see many forestry roads near Mc Gregor but I guess if we stay near fraser or small lakes it will work.

Foxton Gundogs
10-06-2011, 12:02 PM
McGregor is great took a pair of 60" bulls from there in the 90s they were fighting on the road me and my partner just got out videod them and dumped them oth right there. IF you go there look for a big camp in a gravel pitt on the mcgregot Main, stop in and yalk to Rick. Tell him I said he had to give you Thanksgiving Dinner. they are there every year

moosinaround
10-06-2011, 12:02 PM
You guys not seeing moose in the Omineca, get off your fackin truck seats and get into the bush!! There are very good pops of moose. They are not on every corner, but they are there! Right now you folks should be calling in bulls like crazy!! Last year at this time, our crew had 2 bulls at the meat cutters! Year before that we had one down on thankgiving day! LEH helps, but check out killman, he took a spike fork twice in 3 yrs, Billdance took 2 spike forks last year, and 1 already this year in their hunting crews. Time in the bush, and searching the right habitat, you will find moose!! Good luck moose hunters!! Moosin

BlackwaterHunter
10-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Was in mcbride last weekend, barely saw any sign of any animals!