PDA

View Full Version : Jealous guide outfitters causing sh%T with our moose hunt !

grizzlydueck
10-05-2011, 09:09 AM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/316868_10150310022187000_588956999_8364947_1955874 998_n.jpg

mark
10-05-2011, 09:11 AM
2 fine bulls there, im a bit jealous as well!!!!
There must be a story to go with this one!

juiceterboost
10-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Looks like a pretty good moose hunt to me

grizzlydueck
10-05-2011, 09:30 AM
The outfitter had 6+ hunters in camp some of which were from some hunting tv show -filming there one grizz otherwise unsuccessful 2 week hunts ! Where 2 guys that have never been up there before! in the 3 day window of no rain shot 2 nice bull moose and packed them out ! We stopped by to the outfitters too double check that we could leave our guns with them so we could go to Alaska for gas -and food... as they had already said no problem =the clients[film crew] wanted to see the pictures of our 2 bulls -They asked where did you you get them =I told them right were you guys all drove passed me this morning -the one outfitter brother started giving us total attitude so we left ! Now the co's are envolved -turns out they are trying to keep bc residents out of there turf ! As they asked me to keep quiet about all of the moose and grizz -rams that we had seen ! They keep talking about 6 guys from vancouver island that there fighting with every year! If anybody know a bunch of guys from the northern Island who hunt the tatshenshini each year ...let me know ! Some buddies just got back from a caribou hunt and had the guide buzzing them in his plane = turns out he was air hurding the herd of caribou with several big bulls away from them ! = nice ! W.T.F.

elkdom
10-05-2011, 09:35 AM
pretty much standard behavior,,

it is tough to be NICE to other residents when YOU guarantee ALL your NR clients a 50+ inch bull moose,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Walking Buffalo
10-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Great looking Bulls! Good for you....

I always have a video camera when I'm hunting. Last year I filmed an outfitter herding elk with three trucks to a client in a fourth vehicle. It's pretty tough for the CO's to ignore video evidence.

I just happen to be reviewing the BC Wildlife Act at the moment.

http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/00_96488_01

No proprietary rights in wildlife

67 A guiding territory certificate or angling guide's licence does not
(a) give the holder any proprietary rights in wildlife or fish, or
(b) restrict the rights of a resident to hunt or fish.

Obstructing licensed persons

80 A person commits an offence if the person interferes with or obstructs a person licensed or permitted to capture wildlife or to hunt, fish, guide or trap while that person is lawfully so engaged.

wrenchhead
10-05-2011, 09:38 AM
All a guy needs to do video the (air herding) and take note of the bad relations and pass your findings to apropreite people. Guys like that need to realize this province belongs to everyone in it.

JDR
10-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Two beauty bulls, congrats!! Too bad about the outfitters, hope your buddies reported what happened.

REMINGTON JIM
10-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Congrats ! 2 Great Bulls ! :-D Stay with the reporting of the guide outfitter - thats pure MOOSE SHIT stuff like that happening to resident hunters ! :evil:

silvertipp
10-05-2011, 11:19 AM
nice bulls gotta love taken them from under his nose ,well done

Call of the Wild
10-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Two great bulls, must have been quite a hunt except for the outfitter
crap. A hunt in NW BC is on my to do list as well, thanks for sharing your hunt any more pics you want to share?

Great looking Bulls! Good for you....

I always have a video camera when I'm hunting. Last year I filmed an outfitter herding elk with three trucks to a client in a fourth vehicle. It's pretty tough for the CO's to ignore video evidence.

I'd like to know what happen since you had proof and in the event it happens to me. what can I do since I always have my camcorder and camera with me? I would report to a CO but is there really something that is done, if so with the number of people in the bush with a camcorder it would be seriously stupid for any outfitters to risk such behaviour.

budismyhorse
10-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Nice moose!

Sooooooo how exactly did they "cause sh#t" on your moose hunt? Doesn't sound like they didnt do anything but give attitude?

bforce750
10-05-2011, 12:40 PM
No Grizz there C????? Nice moose though..you have to stop by or give me a call to check those bruisers out!!!!!

kennyj
10-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Those are nice bulls. I'd love to see a couple more photos.
kenny

grizzlydueck
10-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Hey bforce saw lots of grizz even had 3 under 80 yards in one morning ! One was a 7 footer but wasn't fair chase ...it was walking by the look out spot then down the logging road =no hunt just killin a grizz on the side of the road is nothing to be proud of .if that bear was a spot and stalk or had I called him in definitely would of taken him ! There was lots of sign of a true monster hanging around our kill site but then thats not ethicly right= soo we didn't go back there looking for mr big =but the outfitter sure did ! he went in there 1.5 km bushwacking 8foot high choked willow and muskeg =risking his life and his clients days later to go see our 2 moose carcases ............Hmmm....I wonder if he was looking for the big grizz that he and his previous clients had told us about and had just seen ! The sad thing is in our society we are guilty untill proven innocent ! How someone can cause sh%t for some one else and not be held responsible for there actions really disgusts me ! Luckly I'm a strong believer in karma !

sammy-j-peppers
10-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Hey bforce saw lots of grizz even had 3 under 80 yards in one morning ! One was a 7 footer but wasn't fair chase ...it was walking by the look out spot then down the logging road =no hunt just killin a grizz on the side of the road is nothing to be proud of .if that bear was a spot and stalk or had I called him in definitely would of taken him ! There was lots of sign of a true monster hanging around our kill site but then thats not ethicly right= soo we didn't go back there looking for mr big =but the outfitter sure did ! he went in there 1.5 km bushwacking 8foot high choked willow and muskeg =risking his life and his clients days later to go see our 2 moose carcases ............Hmmm....I wonder if he was looking for the big grizz that he and his previous clients had told us about and had just seen ! The sad thing is in our society we are guilty untill proven innocent ! How someone can cause sh%t for some one else and not be held responsible for there actions really disgusts me ! Luckly I'm a strong believer in karma !

Man, you are really bad at telling a story..... I still have no idea what you are talking about?

grizzlydueck
10-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Hey call of the wild-- I have posted some more pics on my gallery ! And once this B.S. clears i'm going to be writing a story of the total hunt with a well known hunting author ! I had an experience on this trip that was an eye opener and pretty wild ! And something that I have never herd happening to a hunter before!
But I can't go on about it on this site, untill it's published-and finnished dealing with the co's ..sorry fellow hunters

curt
10-05-2011, 06:39 PM
guides are running wild in most of the province its all about the cash for them not the resource.............. up north one year some guide's shot a nice young bull elk and left it for bait for their grizzly clients it's Fing BS and I'm so tired of the stories every year more and more aggressive and ignorant interactions!

KB90
10-05-2011, 06:41 PM
One was a 7 footer but wasn't fair chase ...it was walking by the look out spot then down the logging road =no hunt just killin a grizz on the side of the road is nothing to be proud of

:roll::roll::-?:-?

BillBraskii
10-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Man, you are really bad at telling a story..... I still have no idea what you are talking about?
x2
aimless ramblings.

Slee
10-05-2011, 06:50 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/316868_10150310022187000_588956999_8364947_1955874 998_n.jpg

Nice bulls, how wide are they? So what did the outfitter do to you on your hunt? I don't see how they did you wrong from what you have written down?

Call of the Wild
10-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Hey call of the wild-- I have posted some more pics on my gallery ! And once this B.S. clears i'm going to be writing a story of the total hunt with a well known hunting author ! I had an experience on this trip that was an eye opener and pretty wild ! And something that I have never herd happening to a hunter before!
But I can't go on about it on this site, untill it's published-and finnished dealing with the co's ..sorry fellow hunters

Well don't take too longhttp://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.pnghttp://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.png You're writing the story for a magazine or this site, let us know. You've got material for a great story I'm sure!!

redthorn
10-05-2011, 09:48 PM

Dealing with C.O.s, "eye opener and pretty wild" experience, B.S. situation, "writing a story".... My money is on some sort of a Griz attack or mosse stomping for that story.

We really gonna have to wait for Othmar Vohringer to write it all out for us?

BlackwaterMerc
10-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Wow those are badass moose.

proguide66
10-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Did you get to boat hunt the lake? or just hike the highway? How about the surge of quad hunting natives from alaska , where they there? I'm guessing it was a guide who pissed you off ? I have heard nothing but good about Jack Goodwin.
Did you see many sheep or moose? Those bulls are nice but there's some major bruisers growing in those parts , see any?

Cyrus
10-06-2011, 07:24 AM
I would consider your bulls "bruisers"...those are huge. congrats!

Peter Pepper
10-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Did you get to boat hunt the lake? or just hike the highway? How about the surge of quad hunting natives from alaska , where they there? I'm guessing it was a guide who pissed you off ? I have heard nothing but good about Jack Goodwin.
Did you see many sheep or moose? Those bulls are nice but there's some major bruisers growing in those parts , see any?

He probably only saw the two his party shot

Good2bCanadian
10-06-2011, 11:46 AM
CAnt wait to hear this one

kitnayakwa77
10-06-2011, 02:02 PM
saw these two nice racks on the roof of an SUV going through Smithers last Friday. Would be interested to know the story, I as well don't know what the issue is from what you have written?

ryanb
10-06-2011, 03:52 PM

Wow you win dumbest post of the year. How about instead of making a post trashing guide outfitters actions, then refusing to provide details, you make a post about the two nice moose you shot. Trash the outfitter when you are willing to provide details.

elkhunter74
10-13-2011, 06:13 AM
I herd that you shot both moose. The bigger one came in and was attacking the one on the ground. Any truth to that

stoneguide
10-13-2011, 06:46 AM
Yep another " Every Guide or Outfitter is a Poacher and Bad Guy" thread! LOL

Yep there are a few bad ones for sure, but people would be a little more inclined to beleive the situations if there was more proof and convictions were showing up. Seems like a lot of guys like to tell the stories and not many do anything about it. Like was stated, many guys are packing video cameras and still cameras, so the blatent acts of wrong doing would be pretty easy to proove and just like us, outfitters know this.
So if it does happen to someone get proof and do something about it dont just go on the internet and bad mouth saying all guides and outfitters are criminals and bad people. And if your gunna lay out accusations on places such as here you best be willing to give more details than just saying they are jealous and what not.
No matter if its a Guide/Outfitter or a Resident if they are doing wrong or illegal activities its our responsibility to do what we can to rectify it. Not doing anything is almost as wrong as the illegal or wrong actions being observed. Its not gunna stop unless people step forward.
SG

boxhitch
10-13-2011, 07:33 AM
The outfitter had 6+ hunters in camp some of which were from some hunting tv show -filming there one grizz otherwise unsuccessful 2 week hunts ! Where 2 guys that have never been up there before! in the 3 day window of no rain shot 2 nice bull moose and packed them out ! We stopped by to the outfitters too double check that we could leave our guns with them so we could go to Alaska for gas -and food... as they had already said no problem =the clients[film crew] wanted to see the pictures of our 2 bulls -They asked where did you you get them =I told them right were you guys all drove passed me this morning -the one outfitter brother started giving us total attitude so we left ! Now the co's are envolved -turns out they are trying to keep bc residents out of there turf ! As they asked me to keep quiet about all of the moose and grizz -rams that we had seen ! They keep talking about 6 guys from vancouver island that there fighting with every year! If anybody know a bunch of guys from the northern Island who hunt the tatshenshini each year ...let me know ! Some buddies just got back from a caribou hunt and had the guide buzzing them in his plane = turns out he was air hurding the herd of caribou with several big bulls away from them ! = nice ! W.T.F.So the g/o was good enough to do you a favor and you shat on him ? Then he goes on a 'fair chase' hunt looking to see or maybe film a griz and you shat on him ?:?

Nice moose, could have really been something once they growed up.

MB_Boy
10-13-2011, 08:05 AM
So the g/o was good enough to do you a favor and you shat on him ? .

Hey boxhitch.....I don't quite get the entire story but it kinda sounds like the guide "offered" to watch their guns....but then after getting attitude they bailed? That's how I read it. :confused: I am not sure....it all reads a bit difficult. :?

They asked where did you you get them =I told them right were you guys all drove passed me this morning -the one outfitter brother started giving us total attitude so we left !

.330 Dakota
10-13-2011, 08:13 AM

I hunted Griz last year , and shared a camping spot with a CO from Clearwater that was also hunting griz. My son asked the question, "hey if I shot a black bear and went back to check the gutpile would that be proper". I almost choked on my coffee as I started to laugh (he was 13)
The Co responded, "Thats baiting" as you know where the gutpile is, and if you shoot a black or a griz, I dont want you to tell me where you shot it as I dont want to know where the gutpile is.. Real simple, if that outfitter is taking clients to the gutpile of your moose "thats baiting" tell the CO

bugler
10-13-2011, 08:27 PM
So...I think I'm reading that the outfitters camp has called the CO's on you for some imagined (at least from your point of view) breach of the rules. They must have told them something to get them involved, not just "I think you should come check these guys out". So what was it....?

f350ps
10-13-2011, 08:43 PM
You guys sure can create a story outta sfa, personally I would wait until ya hear the whole story. JMHO, K

Fisher-Dude
10-13-2011, 10:25 PM
I herd that you shot both moose. The bigger one came in and was attacking the one on the ground. Any truth to that

Hmm, and here I always thought the bag limit for moose was one (1).

Always a cluster-fk when the OP starts barking.

Big Bucks
10-14-2011, 12:30 AM
What a weird thread ,not all guides are bad ,they help alot of people out sometimes .

The Dude
10-14-2011, 12:45 AM
......it's gonna get worse before it gets better.....

springpin
10-14-2011, 05:33 AM
How can it get any worse...and I doubt it will get any better..

frenchbar
10-14-2011, 05:45 AM
this thread is
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x158/05muleycrazy/epic_fail.jpg

stoneguide
10-14-2011, 05:50 AM
I think this hunt deffinatly deserved a thread but it should have been about the hunt itself, the success and the trophies. The small episode with the G/O overpowed a great hunt story.
SG

Big Bucks
10-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Agree with you 100% Stoneguide .

beeugle
10-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Ibtl!!!!!!

Triple BBB
11-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Nice moose. Had the same problem on the caribou river. C.o. Wasn't interest .tried to swamp our zodiac with there river boat.I though we should go to shore and settle it like men. They left.

SimilkameenSlayer
11-11-2011, 09:14 AM
i need a guide to understand this thread.

dog812
11-11-2011, 10:17 AM
This site is pretty funny.. its like a gossip column for grown men. haha..

rocksteady
11-11-2011, 10:46 AM
How can it get any worse...and I doubt it will get any better..

More to the story, I am sure.....Gonna be an interesting read when it comes out in the wash...

Singleshotneeded
11-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Nice bulls, great that you stuck it to those guide-goofs making money by selling our game to damned antler hunting foreigners!

stoneguide
11-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Just curious Singleshotneeded as to what you do for work?

abbyfireguy
11-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Nice pictures,goofy pre-story and rather strange G/O issues that are pretty fuzzy with no details.
I think I am in the majority of folks here who are not well healed enough to use the services of a G/O(maybe one day if I win the Lotto LOL).
As to the G/O air-herding animals,not only is that unethical(IMHO),he may also have an issue with his aircraft license if he is operating his plane in an unacceptable manner.
All this is just my view on this thread and may not be how some folks view things,but, thats the nice thing about this site,you get all opinions and views whether you want them or not. LOL
My name tells you what I do for work,don't know what that has to do with anything, but saves you from asking.:mrgreen:

stoneguide
11-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Just liked how you call them Goofs because they make a profit off selling something to non residents to make a profit. Does that mean anyone that makes a profit from our resources is a Goof( im sure that would entail a pile of people you call friends or family)? Yes there are the odd bad outfitter or guide but just because someone chooses this as a carrer choice doesnt make them a Goof!!! And like you stated there are few details and is just one guys opinion of what happened so to make a judgment on this is a little premature!
SG

beeugle
11-11-2011, 05:07 PM
'c mon grizzly dueck... give us the rest of the story........

grizzlydueck
11-11-2011, 05:39 PM
We will once I have another meeting -and here back from some contacts-talk to the lawyer again =but untill then, Were not saying anything more ...so untill the politics of the bull sh&t situation are either swept under the carpet or I go public = the safe bet is for me to sit quiet ....."guilty untill proven innocent" and why not just paint us into a corner so the only easy way out is to pay a bunch of bull sh&t fines= which would make us guiltly of doing nothing wrong ! W.T.F.
Sorry guys ! I don't hate go I know lots of great guide outfitters and lots of crooked ones as well ! as goes for some of the CO's here and up north some are great guys that I would trust my life with and some have personal agendas or are just jerks ! I can tell you one thing =In dealing with this bull sh&t I have seriously lost my appetite to go out hunting and don't know if i'll even go out again this year!

Moose Guide
11-11-2011, 06:46 PM
A resident hunter where I guide flies in after he thinks we have left and spots his moose from the air, he then hunts it within minutes of landing! Does that make all resident hunters poachers? Am I a meddling jerk if I report him? I have known many poachers in my life, one of them was a guide none were outfitters and all were residents! How about we judge each other by actions rather than by proffesion!

Hunting guy
08-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Anybody know what the story ended up being here?

Brambles
08-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Can't wait to hear the real/whole story!!

Spy
08-29-2012, 10:18 PM
It would be nice, to get the full story!

burger
08-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Same here. Its been a year. Spill the beans Grizzlydueck

The Dude
08-29-2012, 10:37 PM
I think he got some good advice, and decided to take it. (i.e. "Zip it")

On the lighter side, I found someone a new sigline! LOL

This site is pretty funny.. its like a gossip column for grown men. haha..

Mik
09-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Nice bulls, congrats, and I hope your evidence can help in the investigation As I know first hand asto when planes buzz animals so I could not get a shot :(