PDA

View Full Version : where to go??

aliagha
10-05-2011, 08:00 AM
this opening day i have the choices to hunt the ladner marshes or go to chilliwack and hunt a corn field there. I don't have any decoys or a blind, just my over/under with a pocket full of shells. I know that it is early in the migration and most of the ducks around are local birds but where will i have the better odds of getting a few of them this time of the season???
thanks

Ali

Foxton Gundogs
10-05-2011, 10:30 AM
this opening day i have the choices to hunt the ladner marshes or go to chilliwack and hunt a corn field there. I don't have any decoys or a blind, just my over/under with a pocket full of shells. I know that it is early in the migration and most of the ducks around are local birds but where will i have the better odds of getting a few of them this time of the season???
thanks

Ali

Back in the day we used to set up on fence lines near puddles in cornfields after the cut and got some passable shooting with no deeks or calls scout and see where they are coming into.

overunder
10-05-2011, 05:49 PM
better go grab atleast a half dozen dekes. it will get you a few more looks and alittle feeding chuckle will help. if your in a field get between some water and the corn.

Ian F.
10-05-2011, 06:28 PM
If you want to drive to Maple Ridge I'll give you a dozen former hot buy mallards converted to field shells

Ian

aliagha
10-05-2011, 07:26 PM
@ Foxton Gundogs: thats a good idea infact thats what we did last year, we set up near the narrow canals around the fields in early season and waited for the sun to go down and got a few ducks.
@Over under: Thanks for the suggestion will look into it>
@ Ian: thanks alot man, this will help a lot in the fields.

Dano
10-05-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm in Maple Ridge and have a few decoys to spare too. Send me a pm if you want them.
Dan

aliagha
10-05-2011, 10:34 PM
I'm in Maple Ridge and have a few decoys to spare too. Send me a pm if you want them.
Dan

Thank you DANO! :)

longstonec
10-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Ladner try white plastic bags or paper plates for immy wavies.

3mk
10-07-2011, 08:39 AM
well i was in ladner wednsday there were lots of snow geese

Bucks&Ducks
10-07-2011, 02:33 PM
well i was in ladner wednsday there were lots of snow geese

scare a few over to the island would ya!?