PDA

View Full Version : hunted at 2-11 pemberton

city hunter
10-05-2011, 12:32 AM
Hi There I am wondering if anyone had hunted 2-11 before ? I just came back there today for buck or doe (LEH ) hunted ,we went Hurley river (upper lillooet frs has been closing )Couldn't go through and we also went rutherford creek and soo river frs, Not even a doe being seen (don't mention of buck ) but end up we saw 5 bears,what a ridiculous:evil:......how about you guys ? any luck yet ?any good suggestion to help and cut my doe tag,thanks !!!!

elkhunter1
10-05-2011, 08:57 AM
2-11 is a hard hunt.Less and less deer every year.
I think Wolf are to blame.
And now a doe season.???
I have stoped hunting there.

mnholt
10-05-2011, 09:38 AM
you need to walk the ridges above tenquille lake

lovemywinchester
10-05-2011, 09:42 AM
It is a hard area to hunt for sure. The terrain is very challenging and its blacktail country for a lot of it. Read Proguides blacktail threads and see how hard it is to find the deer. You need to park the car and hike. You need a month of hiking to find a deer! Your other option is to drive back and forth between Whistler and Mt Currie all night until you smack into one.

city hunter
10-05-2011, 04:45 PM
No wonder couldn't see any single buck or doe but I will try again next week to see if I am luck enough to cut my doe (leh ) or buck tag.

proguide66
10-05-2011, 05:11 PM
2-11 is a hard hunt.Less and less deer every year.
I think Wolf are to blame.
And now a doe season.???
I have stoped hunting there.
X2 , this is why we hunt Squamish...but is a hoot snarng wolves here!...I'm quitting deer hunting , it sucks.:mrgreen:

Iron Sighted
10-05-2011, 05:40 PM
I never have a hard time spotting a doe in this area, but damned if I ever see any bucks. Oh well, I'll keep looking, I'll find a legal buck here eventually.

city hunter
10-05-2011, 06:01 PM
I never have a hard time spotting a doe in this area, but damned if I ever see any bucks. Oh well, I'll keep looking, I'll find a legal buck here eventually.
where you saw a doe before ?pls tell me,thanks buddy.

proguide66
10-06-2011, 06:52 AM
where you saw a doe before ?pls tell me,thanks buddy.

Tell us 'how' you hunted the area? There is deer in all the places you went. You will have a tough time killing one around here by driving around.If you hit the Hurley again , get out of the truck in the dark...slip into the slash below the top of the switchbacks at the bottom west end.Hit the old skid road and still hunt SLOWLY along it heading east towards the creek..if your slow enough and not blind you will shoot a deer! If tha doesnt work , DO IT AGAIN.and again and again....
Get up the road a bit more ( driving on main) find your way to those top slashes on the west side of the main , highest slah you can see. Leave the truck , hit it in the early dark/first light. Walk the road real slow west for a couple klicks...hike up high into the big steep timber...slowly still hunt back east toward truck...again and again.
If you do this and it doesnt work ...do it again and again and again.......:)

'again and again' is the key....

sneg
10-06-2011, 10:59 AM
been there two weeks ago. seen moose, couple does and no bucks. lot of tracks and droppins. just need to get out of your vehichle and hike little bit.

Gateholio
10-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Every year our club does a deer hunting survey. Average time needed for local hunters to kill a buck in 2-11 is usually 12-15 days hunting. We don't count guys that get skunked, either. Again and again and again is the key:)

buck nash
10-06-2011, 12:20 PM
I was up owl creek rd last week looking for deer. I hiked all over and barely saw any sign. I saw a couple piles of scat that were at least a couple weeks old but nothing fresh and not one track. Lots of bears sign though. Saw what I thought were wolf tracks but could have been dog's tracks as there is a lot of mountain bikers up there who bring their dogs with them.

Tough ground too. Very steep and hilly and thick under brush. It'd be hard to sneak up on hellen kellar in that $h!t. Good luck!

They were all over the place up there in the spring when I was bear hunting so I thought it woould be worth a look. Plus I thought they might be less wary seeing as there is lots of trafic up there. But seeing them in the spring is no garrantee you'll see them in the fall.

city hunter
10-07-2011, 12:48 AM
Tell us 'how' you hunted the area? There is deer in all the places you went. You will have a tough time killing one around here by driving around.If you hit the Hurley again , get out of the truck in the dark...slip into the slash below the top of the switchbacks at the bottom west end.Hit the old skid road and still hunt SLOWLY along it heading east towards the creek..if your slow enough and not blind you will shoot a deer! If tha doesnt work , DO IT AGAIN.and again and again....
Get up the road a bit more ( driving on main) find your way to those top slashes on the west side of the main , highest slah you can see. Leave the truck , hit it in the early dark/first light. Walk the road real slow west for a couple klicks...hike up high into the big steep timber...slowly still hunt back east toward truck...again and again.
If you do this and it doesnt work ...do it again and again and again.......:)

'again and again' is the key....Thanks Buddy I will try it again and again .

Bistchen
10-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Every year our club does a deer hunting survey. Average time needed for local hunters to kill a buck in 2-11 is usually 12-15 days hunting. We don't count guys that get skunked, either. Again and again and again is the key:)

Gatehouse will you be doing another survey for 2-11 this year. I didn't get the chance to fill out the survey for last year. thanks.

Gateholio
10-07-2011, 11:43 AM
E very year!

coquitlam
10-07-2011, 12:11 PM
My son and I use to hunt there but ,no more. The last time it did not matter where we went we found alot of wolf track even where proguide was mentioning as that was the area we would always hunt

bandit
10-08-2011, 07:54 PM
If there is relatively few deers there why do they give out 100 LEH doe tags as well as GOS for juniors? Doesnt make so much sense IMO!

Gateholio
10-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Like everywhere else in BC there are more than enough deer to support a reasonable doe harvest.

lovemywinchester
10-08-2011, 08:12 PM
I thought it was only 50 doe tags.

Gateholio
10-08-2011, 08:14 PM
50 in Oct and 50 in November. Probably less than 40 does killed by human hunters.

city hunter
10-08-2011, 11:21 PM
I agreen with all you guys said but will try again on Monday and never give up untill at the end of Oct,Good luck to you guys too.

new hunter
10-09-2011, 08:55 AM
I've been hunting the are for the last three years , unsuccesfully , and yeah it can be frustrating .
As the name suggests , I still have alot to learn {could fill volumes with what I don't know } , but one thing I'm picking up on is that I don't hunt high enough {not all that easy with this terrain , a limited knowledge of the roads , and a 2 weel drive } .
It seems every time I think theres no way I'll get one this year , someone posts a pic of some monster harvested around here .
I've seen bucks in the summer so they must be out there , stay persistent and good luck .
{I'm starting to understand why nobody wants to share hunting locations .. lol }

lovemywinchester
10-09-2011, 09:57 AM
I've been hunting the are for the last three years , unsuccesfully , and yeah it can be frustrating .
As the name suggests , I still have alot to learn {could fill volumes with what I don't know } , but one thing I'm picking up on is that I don't hunt high enough {not all that easy with this terrain , a limited knowledge of the roads , and a 2 weel drive } .
It seems every time I think theres no way I'll get one this year , someone posts a pic of some monster harvested around here .
I've seen bucks in the summer so they must be out there , stay persistent and good luck .
{I'm starting to understand why nobody wants to share hunting locations .. lol }

Get some confidence going man..you are a MAN, a great white hunter who needs meat on the table to survive! Go and harvest your food from the land! If you drive the 99 at night you will see does all over the road so don't think you need to go backpacking for two days in the alpine! That would be awesome though and probably the only way you will put a BIG buck down. There are lots of deer around whistler. I started deer hunting last fall and I have 4 deer down already and one nice blacktail I took out side Whistler. I just moved out of Whistler this summer. I just kept at it and kept hiking and one day there he was 50 ft above me and bang, blacktail down. Not a monster buck but a beauty anyway and I actually ate the last roast from him about a month ago so one buck goes a long way in the freezer. I got this guy in late Nov. -16 out so you just have to keep looking. Good luck and I sure hope you get one.

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/bt11.jpg
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/bt3-1.jpg
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/bt5.jpg

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?59065-Blacktail-down-for-the-hat-trick

city hunter
10-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Cool...........

city hunter
10-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Get some confidence going man..you are a MAN, a great white hunter who needs meat on the table to survive! Go and harvest your food from the land! If you drive the 99 at night you will see does all over the road so don't think you need to go backpacking for two days in the alpine! That would be awesome though and probably the only way you will put a BIG buck down. There are lots of deer around whistler. I started deer hunting last fall and I have 4 deer down already and one nice blacktail I took out side Whistler. I just moved out of Whistler this summer. I just kept at it and kept hiking and one day there he was 50 ft above me and bang, blacktail down. Not a monster buck but a beauty anyway and I actually ate the last roast from him about a month ago so one buck goes a long way in the freezer. I got this guy in late Nov. -16 out so you just have to keep looking. Good luck and I sure hope you get one.

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/bt11.jpg
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/bt3-1.jpg
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/bt5.jpg

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?59065-Blacktail-down-for-the-hat-trick
Have you cut your doe tag yet ?where did you go ?good luck.