PDA

View Full Version : Ranges in GVA

Bowzone_Mikey
10-04-2011, 11:39 PM
so I am doing a bunch of work in Vancouver next month .... staying for a week ... going home for the weekend ... coming back etc.... over the course of about 4 weeks.

I am looking for some ranges that a guy could get to without a vehicle .... ie: public transit ... debating if it would worth my while to bring a Bow with me or just leave it at home.

Dont know exactly where I am staying just yet ... But suspect it would be in Burnaby for the most part ... I know the last stint of the job I will be downtown and staying at the Hyatt for probally 3 or days near the end of Nov

dave*
10-13-2011, 07:41 PM
About the only game in town for you if staying in Burnaby/Vancouver is the Kensington range in Burnaby, corner of Kensington and Joe Sakic way. Basically a big FITA field.

Public butt available for free, or 60 bucks a year for membership and a key to the rest of the butts.

I know there is some bus routes that go 100 feet away from the field on kensington and the there is skytrain station that cant be more than a 5-10 minute walk away.

It's an unlighted outdoor range so things are getting dark by 5 pm ish if you were planning on shooting after your job.
Once the rain starts bring gumboots, the field gets a bit "swampy" shall we say.

D*